Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Christmas Isn't Christmas (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=71038)

rolo_tomachi 11-15-2023 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butters (Post 1286376)
What type of song are you expecting? A fun, upbeat rocker? A slow, melancholy ballad? Some schmaltzy saccharine lyrics about how we are all the same and Christmas is for all?

Mark me the last one.

Captain_jovi 11-15-2023 09:13 PM

I'm hoping for something upbeat with some pep. Something in the vein of Petty's Christmas All Over would be nice but my gut says we'll get something melancholy with acoustic guitar and live piano in 3/4 timing.

bonjovi90 11-15-2023 09:14 PM

I'm expecting something in the vein of Story Of Love, just even more schmaltzy.

angelsambo 11-15-2023 10:47 PM

i'm hoping for a rock song or at least a power ballad like this one

Rdkopper 11-15-2023 11:31 PM

Quote:

What type of song are you expecting? A fun, upbeat rocker? A slow, melancholy ballad? Some schmaltzy saccharine lyrics about how we are all the same and Christmas is for all?

At first I was thinking of Please Come Home For Christmas Part 2... But Jon now was a more softer, 1 note singing style so maybe more like the Story Of Love meets Please Come Home For Christmas.

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk

Javier 11-15-2023 11:41 PM

Quote:

I'm gearing towards something upbeat, joyfull pretty cheesy, like the Christmas album by the Goo Goo Dolls had a few songs like that. :lol:

steel_horse75 11-16-2023 12:06 AM

Fast one like i wish it could be xmas everyday by wizard.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

RonJovi 11-16-2023 01:33 AM

Quote:

I'm gonna go with 2. It'll be along the lines of "Please come home for Christmas". Hoping its not 3.

blazeofglory 11-16-2023 02:17 AM

Quote:

The title and single cover are making me think it's gonna be ballad-y and schmaltzy. Which I'm really not opposed to, to be fair 😂 An unbeat rocker would be a nice surprise though.

Larg 11-16-2023 07:42 AM

Quote:

I hope/dream of a fun up beat rocker song ... But the cover (and Jon's voice) make me bet on a melancholy ballad... And yes it's a Christmas song, lyrics will be cheesy...