Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2 Very Special Bon Jovi Projects (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68524)

rolo_tomachi 05-21-2014 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1176823)
I have most of the unrelease tracks on official Bon Jovi releases so how can they say unrealeased.

Because it has not officially been released for sale. You have a bootleg ripped from recordings of an old cassette.

Rdkopper 05-21-2014 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1176822)
It would be interesting to put songs like Nothing, but I'm not sure That All albums are going in deluxe edition. We need a detailed statement of these releases.

And if other releases follow the same format as this NJ one, I'll buy them all.

I don't buy albums like I used to back in the day (all bands) so I don't mind going a little old school by buying all these amazing releases.

I hope samples are coming soon so we could check out the quality and of course House Of Fire... there are notes in the book regarding the demos so I'm curious to read the story on this one.

steel_horse75 05-21-2014 05:24 PM

OH YEAH!

Pre-ordered. £22.95 off Amazon.

rolo_tomachi 05-21-2014 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1176829)
And if other releases follow the same format as this NJ one, I'll buy them all.

I don't buy albums like I used to back in the day (all bands) so I don't mind going a little old school by buying all these amazing releases.

I hope samples are coming soon so we could check out the quality and of course House Of Fire... there are notes in the book regarding the demos so I'm curious to read the story on this one.

I agree completely. I need some samples to give the nod, then I will do the shopping. Usually Amazon have samples a couple weeks before of launch.

Rdkopper 05-21-2014 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1176833)
I agree completely. I need some samples to give the nod, then I will do the shopping. Usually Amazon have samples a couple weeks before of launch.

I'm definitely getting the super deluxe DVD edition. My only issue is, I want it asap on the day of release so I'd rather run to Best Buy in the morning aside from waiting for the mail. I'm sure there will be a sale price prior to the day of release too.

Here is the order for my excitement:

1. House Of Fire and Diamond Ring
2. The remaining Demos in HQ
3. The 60+ page booklet (the super deluxe has 60+ pages an the other has 30+ if I read that correctly)
4. The packaging - sounds stupid but something about opening a new release as such and going through it gives you that feel good experience.
5. The DVD - I just read that extra footage will be included
7. The bonus tracks on the album NJ. Boys, Love is War, Born acoustic
6. Last - the original NJ remastered.

Nige 05-21-2014 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1176836)
Here is the order for my excitement:

1. House Of Fire and Diamond Ring
2. The remaining Demos in HQ
3. The 60+ page booklet (the super deluxe has 60+ pages an the other has 30+ if I read that correctly)
4. The packaging - sounds stupid but something about opening a new release as such and going through it gives you that feel good experience.
5. The DVD - I just read that extra footage will be included
7. The bonus tracks on the album NJ. Boys, Love is War, Born acoustic
6. Last - the original NJ remastered.

Totally agree :D Really looking forward to this!

Avantasian 05-21-2014 09:53 PM

If there are more special editions to come I wonder why they started with releasing New Jersey :-/

Rdkopper 05-21-2014 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avantasian (Post 1176847)
If there are more special editions to come I wonder why they started with releasing New Jersey :-/

NJ is the strongest in terms of material and demand plus it marks 25 years.

I doubt we'll get every single album as such but I hope we do.

Ricky Skywalker 05-21-2014 11:53 PM

I hope SWW would be released that way, too :) there's enough material to fill CD2 - I have at least 9 demos on my hard drive which were not included on the album... add NSG with Richie on vocals plus Borderline which was released as a b-side or something... ;)

Captain_jovi 05-21-2014 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1176823)
I have most of the unrelease tracks on official Bon Jovi releases so how can they say unrealeased.

Because disc 2 was unreleased. As in not sold in stores or by any official legal means.

danfan 05-22-2014 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1176849)

A.It's 26 years, not 25. It was released in September 1988.
B.It's not the strongest in terms of demand. Slippery is almost always in the Catalog Charts. I don't recall once seeing New Jersey on there.

superkid 05-22-2014 01:36 AM

I'm really looking forward to this release. I never got around to watching the AAA documentary, so even though I know its on youtube I'm looking forward to watching it in high quality. I wish they offered a bluray version, but whatever. Disc 2 looks awesome, and I'm also looking forward to the bonus tracks with the remastered CD. It looks like they got this one right. If anything I wish it had an extra disc of bonus tracks/a full concert dvd, but I don't mind them keeping the price down by making it a smaller release. I'll get it at best buy when it comes out, unless they come up with some special offer or sale before the release date. Can't wait to get it! :D

Alphavictim 05-22-2014 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1176849)

It marks 26 years.

ezearis 05-22-2014 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1176822)
It would be interesting to put songs like Nothing, but I'm not sure That All albums are going in deluxe edition. We need a detailed statement of these releases.

I agree with you Rolo, I see more possible than Bon Jovi will release a boxset with demos and live songs than Deluxe Editions of all the albums.

Javier 05-22-2014 02:00 AM

Not really interested in AAA but that disc 2 looks awesome! If the price difference isn't much I'll buy the super deluxe edition.....

Rdkopper 05-22-2014 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1176861)
A.It's 26 years, not 25. It was released in September 1988.
B.It's not the strongest in terms of demand. Slippery is almost always in the Catalog Charts. I don't recall once seeing New Jersey on there.

A. Not technically in terms of an exact date but it's to mark the 25th anniversary for it.

B. They don't have enough material for a proper massive Box-Set for Slippery. There is no AAA and only a handful of demos. It would just be SWW the Videos and 5 demos. Not enough meat. They might or might not revisit it at this point. Depends on how deep they want to go and how much they want to pay for certain rights and enhancements.

NJ was their 80's prime in terms of material. I get it and I agree with it. We could go round and round like this with any album if you want to break it down and get really technical but based on a solid box, NJ is the best place to start.

Rdkopper 05-22-2014 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1176866)
Not really interested in AAA but that disc 2 looks awesome! If the price difference isn't much I'll buy the super deluxe edition.....

Spend the extra 5 bucks and do it right for crying out loud.

Rdkopper 05-22-2014 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1176863)
It marks 26 years.

If you want to get technical with dates but its album span started in late 88 (september) and ran all the way through late 89. I'm talking singles. And then the 2 plus year tour.

A rerelease on NJ is still on the mark to celebrate 25 years.

Man, u guys are a pain in the ass but I actually appreciate that becasue I'm very detailed too. :p

jovifan93 05-22-2014 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1176871)
If you want to get technical with dates but its album span started in late 88 (september) and ran all the way through late 89. I'm talking singles. And then the 2 plus year tour.

A rerelease on NJ is still on the mark to celebrate 25 years.

Man, u guys are a pain in the ass but I actually appreciate that becasue I'm very detailed too. :p

That's right, it's still not 26 years old, that would be in september ;)

Also I think New Jersey is, from the title alone, the best one to celebrate the band's 30th, just think about it ;)

steel_horse75 05-22-2014 11:47 AM

New Jersey is the bands best album by a mile.

Its good to start with this one.

Would love a SWW, KTF or TD to follow.

Lucas_Roli 05-22-2014 02:01 PM

This is the best thing they've done since the 1 million boxset!!
It's expensive but it's totally worth it!

Lucas_Roli 05-22-2014 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1176717)
House A Fire... How cool is that. I never expected that.

In America is missing. Rosie is missing because Richie did it, probably.

A even a new track. Full Moon High

I think Full Moon High is River of Love.
Sorry for the double post

BonJovi100 05-22-2014 02:47 PM

Hmm choosing NJ is good decision but my dream is HAND Deluxe Edition.
DLSecret, Unbrekable, TOArms, Nothing and I hope few unrelased.
Demos - Hand, Complicated, Bells, Who Says with Urban, I Want To bl.
We have 9 but they could record more (they had 2 recording sessions).

Hand is my dream but I think real second special edition could be SWW or Crush.

SWW - we have some demos and some oficial tracks can be in different editions. We also have some songs which they gave others like "You re not my lover".

For Sex Sells they recorded 30 songs and 30 more for Crush so it easy to find songs for this edition.

Or maybe.. The Circle.. they hide all demos from this one :)

Alphavictim 05-22-2014 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonJovi100 (Post 1176885)
Hand is my dream but I think real second special edition could be SWW or Crush.

This one's kind of tricky. SWW would probably sell the most copies, but it's already gotten the deluxe treatment, so it'd probably get less of an additional exposure than NJ.

Crush - not sure if anybody would be interested in that at all since it's basically It's My Life - The Album to the general public. The Sex Sells demos might bring in a handful of die hards, but actually, these are JBJ solo tracks which have little business being on a band album.

KTF - I'd love it to be the next album, but am not sure how big it'd sell in the US. If they're gonna re-release more albums, it might as well be the next, though :D

Quote:

Or maybe.. The Circle.. they hide all demos from this one :)
That's 'cause there are none. Jon said that they wrote a couple of songs and recorded them for this album, and that's it. Well, except for This Ain't Love, This Is Life, which wound up on the second Greatest Hits with slightly changed lyrics. I'd imagine more of these new tracks actually trace back to these sessions in some way of form.

Maybe there's some pre-production stuff around, but that won't get too many people excited.

faith1985 05-22-2014 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1176888)
That's 'cause there are none. Jon said that they wrote a couple of songs and recorded them for this album, and that's it. Well, except for This Ain't Love, This Is Life, which wound up on the second Greatest Hits with slightly changed lyrics. I'd imagine more of these new tracks actually trace back to these sessions in some way of form.

Maybe there's some pre-production stuff around, but that won't get too many people excited.

I thought they stopped demoing song altogether after LH(?). And since they didn't spend too much time on recording the last albums, I doubt that there are many unheard songs left.

rolo_tomachi 05-22-2014 03:09 PM

I think from they working with John Shanks, there are not many outtakes. We can wait a couple of new songs for each album, but nothing more. Crush and Bounce were the last albums they recorded many demos.

In my opinion, I think deluxe edition will launch from SWW, KTF and TD. With luck, we could have at the end of the year a double album with unreleased songs from pre-Crush till WAN.

Rdkopper 05-22-2014 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1176890)
I think from working with John Shanks, there are not many outtakes. We can wait a couple of new songs for each album, but nothing more. Crush and Bounce were the last albums they recorded many demos.

In my opinion, I think deluxe edition will launch from SWW, KTF and TD. With luck, we could have at the end of the year a double album with unreleased songs from pre-crush till WAN.

That's right! John Shanks thinks the secrete to a hit is in the production, which I partially agree with but you still need a good substance which is a well written song with a great hook. This is what has been missing from the past few albums and the reason why everything sounds so similar. But also the reason for the lack of outtakes and b-sides...

SWW - Would love it if they could do something with the basement demos - long shot - but hey, you never know.

Faith - I think there is more from this period. Obviously The Soul Truth being the big one. They would probably recycle songs from the first box but the DVD would include more video of the leaked An Evening With Bon Jovi plus the actual Videos.

TD - Would probably follow the same as the above where a lot would be recycled from prior b-sides and the box but the DVD could be the entire Live From London concert(s).

HAND - What could be cool about this one, is the fact that they could release it with the original leaked album. Who Says with Keith Urban, the demos, and then the other tracks with that more raw sound. That would be really cool.

Crush - I think this could be really cool if the bonus CD was the original Sex Sells.

After that LH - TC -WAN - Who cares.... They also mentioned live material so that could be the bonus CD for them as well. And same for the above. What they lack in demos could be made up with rare live material.

One last thought and hope for the NJ release... They add extra footage to AAA and that's were Cadillac Man shows up.

jovifan93 05-22-2014 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1176892)
That's right! John Shanks thinks the secrete to a hit is in the production, which I partially agree with but you still need a good substance which is a well written song with a great hook. This is what has been missing from the past few albums and the reason why everything sounds so similar. But also the reason for the lack of outtakes and b-sides...

SWW - Would love it if they could do something with the basement demos - long shot - but hey, you never know.

Faith - I think there is more from this period. Obviously The Soul Truth being the big one. They would probably recycle songs from the first box but the DVD would include more video of the leaked An Evening With Bon Jovi plus the actual Videos.

TD - Would probably follow the same as the above where a lot would be recycled from prior b-sides and the box but the DVD could be the entire Live From London concert(s).

HAND - What could be cool about this one, is the fact that they could release it with the original leaked album. Who Says with Keith Urban, the demos, and then the other tracks with that more raw sound. That would be really cool.

Crush - I think this could be really cool if the bonus CD was the original Sex Sells.

After that LH - TC -WAN - Who cares.... They also mentioned live material so that could be the bonus CD for them as well. And same for the above. What they lack in demos could be made up with rare live material.

One last thought and hope for the NJ release... They add extra footage to AAA and that's were Cadillac Man shows up.

Where exactly did you read about that extra footage? Would be cool if it were true, thought I don't get the excitement about Cadillac Man - it's got a nice melody to it, but it's not *that* great a song for me...

I'd definitely want a HAND super deluxe edition with Nothing and the original versions of the songs (plus any other demos we might or might not already have) - one of my favorite albums of all time. KTF would be great, too. Concerning SWW: are there really good-sounding demos and not that totally raw basement "shit" (still great, but barely listenable to)? I've never seen or heard any...

Alphavictim 05-22-2014 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1176893)
are there really good-sounding demos and not that totally raw basement "shit" (still great, but barely listenable to)? I've never seen or heard any...

Not exactly HQ, but definitely listenable.

Actually, since Lost Highway sold very well, I'm afraid it might actually be a good candidate for a re-release as well... maybe just a cheap bundle with the handful of b-sides plus live stuff, though.

Rdkopper 05-22-2014 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1176894)

These aren't the "basement demos" he's referring about.

Rdkopper 05-22-2014 04:50 PM

Quote:

Where exactly did you read about that extra footage? Would be cool if it were true, thought I don't get the excitement about Cadillac Man - it's got a nice melody to it, but it's not *that* great a song for me...

I'd definitely want a HAND super deluxe edition with Nothing and the original versions of the songs (plus any other demos we might or might not already have) - one of my favorite albums of all time. KTF would be great, too. Concerning SWW: are there really good-sounding demos and not that totally raw basement "shit" (still great, but barely listenable to)? I've never seen or heard any...

I read this in one of the many overviews about this album that I've read but I don't think it's accurate. Most are saying the original 88 minute release.

I also feel the same about Cadillac Man. It's got a good melody but def not one of their best. For me, it's just a must have at this point. As a fan and collector, you need it all.

Alphavictim 05-22-2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Concerning SWW: are there really good-sounding demos and not that totally raw basement "shit"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1176895)
These aren't the "basement demos" he's referring about.

No shit, genius.

Rdkopper 05-22-2014 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1176897)
No shit, genius.

Don't get all Pissy.

If you read his question in content, he means the basement demos but not in the basement demo quality....

Walk Don't Run, The Promise, Right-Side, etc...

Everyone knows about the 4 outtakes, 2 of which you posted.

Rdkopper 05-22-2014 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas_Roli (Post 1176883)
This is the best thing they've done since the 1 million boxset!!
It's expensive but it's totally worth it!

It is and It is. Expensive and Worth it. I'm sure there will be a sale price at one of the select stores. Target, Wal-Mart, Best Buy.

Avantasian 05-22-2014 07:03 PM

Melodicrock.com talks about a "massive catalog reissue campaign" coming up. Nice :-)

jovifan93 05-22-2014 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1176894)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j80KIUYAU5c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlcqm0YRZPE

Not exactly HQ, but definitely listenable.

Actually, since Lost Highway sold very well, I'm afraid it might actually be a good candidate for a re-release as well... maybe just a cheap bundle with the handful of b-sides plus live stuff, though.

Thanks! Had totally forgotten about those two. Yeah, some demos in that quality of recording/"production" would be nice to have in cleaned up form :)

With "shit" basement demos I was referring to stuff like this, which is nothing more than a song idea recorded on tape, but nothing finished, not really sung, etc.:

jovifan93 05-22-2014 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1176903)
It is and It is. Expensive and Worth it. I'm sure there will be a sale price at one of the select stores. Target, Wal-Mart, Best Buy.

Expensive, really? The super deluxe edition is 31 EUR on amazon in germany, wouldn't call that expensive, the box set was some 70/80/90 EUR or more... Anyhow, mine is pre-ordered :)

Pstmatt 05-22-2014 07:56 PM

Will the version of "let's make it baby" be the previously released official version from the These days deluxe edition? Or the demo version thats widely bootleged? if it is the demo version will they edit out all the x rated talk box vocals??? "I want to F*ck you" isnt exactly fitting with the Bon jovi of 2014!! lol

DaveK 05-22-2014 11:11 PM

The next boxset will probably be for lost highway

Rdkopper 05-22-2014 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveK (Post 1176914)
The next boxset will probably be for lost highway

Why??????????