Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Official Dublin Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=34005)

Irishshin 10-06-2005 06:36 PM

They dont sell out that quickly though, there were still tickets for Lansdowne availavle pretty close to the show...just seated ones though. A sell out Croker would be great :D I think it will sell out.

And I dont think Croker is HUGE in comparrassion to the other places they have played here...certainly its bigger...but not huge.

There are people coming from everywhere for this show!
lol, it really is great. :D

irishdk 10-06-2005 07:23 PM

it'd be nearly double the amount of bounce tour if it sells out?

Irishshin 10-06-2005 07:33 PM

Well Lasndowne holds 50k but thats just seated.
Croker has 80k and I think thats everything...seated and standing as far as I know.

Krycek 10-06-2005 09:31 PM

I haven't seen any advertisment for it, must keep my eyes peeled. Where are you seeing it?

I hope and think they will eventually sell it out but croker is huge compared to anything else they've played here before. It'll be twice the capacity of Lansdowne Road. Heck, it'll probably be the third biggest crowd of the entire tour (if they sell it out) behind Wembeley and the Olympic Stadium in Germany (if that holds more then 82,000 which I think it dose). Not bad for little old Ireland where radio wont even play them. How's that for a giant up-yours to all those wankers.

Phil

Irishshin 10-06-2005 10:04 PM

Lansdowne holds 50,000 seated though....thats not half of 82k
I read in another thread that new Wembely is only gonna hold 70k? Maybe that was wrong.

Full page ad on the Sun yesterday, its supposed to be in the Times as well but havent seen that, seen it advertised on TV3 a few times and TodayFm play the ad regularly during the day.

What really sucks its that Today FM are actually giving away HAND as a price on this daily quiz thing they do and HAND is played (just a tiny bit) on the radio AD for the concert and they still wont play the damn song!!!!!

Krycek 10-06-2005 10:11 PM

The Sun? Hey, any reason to buy it. Hehe.

Lansdowne ain't 50,000. It holds somewhere in the region of 42,000 for sold out football games. Take out one area behind the goal and add the people standing and you might scrape 45,000, at the absolute most.

The new Wembeley staduim as far I know will have a capacity of 92,000. It's definitely not 70k because for a stadium to be elegiable to stage the Olympic games it must have a capacity of more then 75k.

Phil

Irishshin 10-06-2005 10:23 PM

Lol yeah it was a kinda crappy ad though cos it was in B&W but it was still there!

Really? Lansdowne only 45K? I did a search and came up with the 50k for the games. Site musta been wrong or something.

jovifaith 10-07-2005 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krycek
The Sun? Hey, any reason to buy it. Hehe.

Lansdowne ain't 50,000. It holds somewhere in the region of 42,000 for sold out football games. Take out one area behind the goal and add the people standing and you might scrape 45,000, at the absolute most.

The new Wembeley staduim as far I know will have a capacity of 92,000. It's definitely not 70k because for a stadium to be elegiable to stage the Olympic games it must have a capacity of more then 75k.

Phil

Lansdowne holds 55.000.....when they redevelop the ground it will hold 50.000...wembeley will hold 90.000......croke holds 82.000.....and thats for matches.....work it out for concerts.

Krycek 10-07-2005 12:09 AM

I think so, I mean I've never gone around and actually counted the seats but I can't ever remember seeing the capacity listed at 50k. As I said, any sold out football games I've been to or saw on tv, the capacity has always been in the low 40 thousands.

As long as the album sticks around in the charts for a while and the second single dosen't bomb like Missunderstood, which I really fear Who Says will over here and the UK, then they should sell out Croker fairly well in advance.

Phil

Irishshin 10-07-2005 09:43 AM

We'll see today :D

Croker holds 82K but is just just seated / Standing at GAA matches? Cos they wont be using Hill 16 since thats where the stage will be...sooo it will probably balance out.

I dunno about Who Says. It might do ok if they actually play it! Its a pity Jon didnt do an interview over here on radio or something, just one short one so that they played the actual song once! might have caught on.

Irishshin 10-07-2005 09:59 AM

OH MY!

HAND on TodayFM!!!!!

Probably only cos tickets are going on sale in 5 minutes but it is actually on Irish radio!!

herbie_gump 10-07-2005 11:32 AM

I reckon standing included well get bout 110,000 ish into the croker!!!??

eriK 10-07-2005 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishshin
OH MY!

HAND on TodayFM!!!!!

Probably only cos tickets are going on sale in 5 minutes but it is actually on Irish radio!!

I've heard hand on any swedish radiostations either. I was transformed in to a state of chock when I saw it number two on the single charts...

Irishshin 10-07-2005 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbie_gump
I reckon standing included well get bout 110,000 ish into the croker!!!??

Really???? Even though Hill 16 won't be in use? I didnt think it would be that much!

Quote:

Originally Posted by eriK
I've heard hand on any swedish radiostations either. I was transformed in to a state of chock when I saw it number two on the single charts...

Yeah me too when I saw it at number 9 well in the albums only reached 18 in the singles.
It was so weird hearing it on the radio totday though. :eek:

Mrspud 10-07-2005 12:06 PM

Dublin Update!

it's now 11.02am Irish time and there are only limited upper tier tickets left!
which is less than 10, 0000.
Not bad considering some people thought they were gonna playing to a half empty house.
wooooooooo hooooooooooooooo!

c'mon lads sing with me...."WOAH WE'RE HALFWAY THERE........."
LOL :)

spud

Undiscoverd Soul 10-07-2005 05:17 PM

Dublin 2006

Well i got my pitch ticket this morning ticket number 189 wo hooo and im gonna do my usual of quing all night hope i can get in the front pit as there is talk that it might be differnt this year to other years. Either way i just know its gonna be GREAT

Last Man Standing 10-08-2005 11:16 AM

You may need Golden Circle tickets to get to the front for this tour.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undiscoverd Soul
Well i got my pitch ticket this morning ticket number 189 wo hooo and im gonna do my usual of quing all night hope i can get in the front pit as there is talk that it might be differnt this year to other years. Either way i just know its gonna be GREAT

Last Man Standing 10-08-2005 11:18 AM

I hear there is only canel end tickets left now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrspud
it's now 11.02am Irish time and there are only limited upper tier tickets left!
which is less than 10, 0000.
Not bad considering some people thought they were gonna playing to a half empty house.
wooooooooo hooooooooooooooo!

c'mon lads sing with me...."WOAH WE'RE HALFWAY THERE........."
LOL :)

spud

Irishshin 10-08-2005 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Last Man Standing
I hear there is only canel end tickets left now.

Certainly looks that way from TM. No GC and no GA available!
And if you choose Best Available only Lower Canal End tickets come up.

Great stuff :D

Yvonne 10-08-2005 08:31 PM

I'm going so wooooooooooohoooooooooooooo

irishdk 10-08-2005 10:19 PM

my cousin tried to get standing tickets 2day but said there was no left he had to get seating tickets is it nearly solded out already?

fannorway 02-02-2006 05:17 PM

Dublin 20th may.Vikings come again!

We are 7 vikings from norway who are going to Dublin to see the show. Can anyone give me a hint where we can buy tickets? on the pitch or any place we can be together. Will there be Pubs or any other places where there will be a "bonjoviparty"? Hope to see a lot of BJ-fans out on the town friday before the consert. Party on!

Living_on_my_Hair 02-02-2006 07:32 PM

1) ''Will there be pubs'' ?!?! This is Dublin, IRELAND, theres more pubs here than shops.

2) You havnt got tickets yet?!? The gig more or less sold out ages ago, you'd even be lucky to get some poor seats i would think.

andi

jovifaith 02-04-2006 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair
1) ''Will there be pubs'' ?!?! This is Dublin, IRELAND, theres more pubs here than shops.

2) You havnt got tickets yet?!? The gig more or less sold out ages ago, you'd even be lucky to get some poor seats i would think.

andi

Wont even get poor seats now.....croke is now sold out.

Neurotica80 02-04-2006 08:20 PM

Quote:

:D I know I love the place, after Wembley, Dublin is the show im most looking forward to esp having a few beers down at the Temple bar afterwards.

Dont give up on getting a ticket, I didnt decide to go to Dublin until about 2 weeks before the gig in 03, just keep checking Ticketmaster or you can prob get some General admission tickets on ebay for not too much over face value.

fannorway 02-07-2006 12:41 PM

Pubs

I know there are pubs in Ireland ha ha, i ment places where they play music like BJ. I will try to get tickets on ebay.I will be there for the consert!!!!!I am always keeping the faith.

Living_on_my_Hair 02-07-2006 11:41 PM

Eamon Dorans in Temple bar.You cant miss it, its got a massive Thin Lizzy sign in lights above the door!

andi

jbjhand 02-10-2006 09:56 PM

dublin question

im thinking of driving to dublin anyone know how long it takes to drive from the port to dublin center? is the ferry really bad? ie am i likely to throw up?

Jonny Sambora 02-11-2006 12:06 AM

Its not far at all from the port to the centre, though depending when u arrive, the traffic may well be bad!

jbjhand 02-11-2006 12:17 AM

cheers buddy ill come over the day b4 the gig. is it really bad on the ferry people keep telling me its always really rough?

Living_on_my_Hair 02-11-2006 12:59 AM

The ferry is usually fine. But no-one can predict the weather. Why dont you fly? Ryan air fly to london and other UK destinations for far cheaper than a ferry..

andi

jbjhand 02-11-2006 11:28 AM

oh really i thought id get the ferry to save money ill check that out cheers

Irishshin 02-12-2006 08:20 PM

Try Ryanair & Aerlingus when they have offers on its not too bad.
Ive been on the ferry from Dublin and didnt think it was too bad at all.
I guess it depends on how you would feel or how you have felt if you have been on it before!

irishdk 02-12-2006 11:32 PM

ferry to dub centre aint that far 15mins tops dependin on traffic. the boat is fine i get the holyhead to dub for the footie and its really smooth just relax in the boat it's great and cheaper so i recommend it.

Neurotica80 02-14-2006 12:14 PM

While we are on the subject of Dubin can anyone tell me how far Croke Pk is from the airport???

Living_on_my_Hair 02-14-2006 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80
While we are on the subject of Dubin can anyone tell me how far Croke Pk is from the airport???

Not far at all, Crokers isnt far out of the City Center, you actually pass it if your coming in from the aiport on the bus to Dublin. So if airport to city center is say 25min, then croke park is probably 15mins from the airport.

andi

Neurotica80 02-14-2006 12:32 PM

Quote:

Not far at all, Crokers isnt far out of the City Center, you actually pass it if your coming in from the aiport on the bus to Dublin. So if airport to city center is say 25min, then croke park is probably 15mins from the airport.

andi

Nice one cheers for that. Il prob just get a taxi direct from the airport then.

jovifaith 02-15-2006 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80
Nice one cheers for that. Il prob just get a taxi direct from the airport then.

Theres is a bus that leaves from the airport...i think every 15 mins...leaves you off right beside croke.......you staying close by croke?

Mrspud 03-08-2006 07:36 PM

Golden Circle tickets - Dublin

just wonderin, does anyone know what's gonna happen with the Golden Circle Tickets in Dublin? Do we go to a particular entrance? Are we gauranteed to get into the pit? Just wanna know.
Cheers.
Appreciate it!

Jonny Sambora 03-08-2006 10:30 PM

They will def have a separate entrance for the gold circle ticets holders and maybe one for fanclub members, or else they'll let fanclub members in first and then the rest of the gold circle people.