Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   News About: World Tour 2022/23 & New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70847)

rolo_tomachi 12-31-2021 02:08 PM

I love The Circle. This album has a great sensation for the sound, its atmosphere, those grandiloquent drums, the drama and even though I not a huge fan of those guitars, they were doing something different from the last few records.

I don't know how to explain it, but that album has a majestic atmosphere to me, it is not the best collection of songs, but it is an album that I always listen to from the beginning to the end, even Fast Cars ... and I would have loved to see a show where they play the whole album.

For me, Brokenpromiseland always stood out, I don't understand why Jon didn't give it a real chance live, even the only time they played it live, it wasn't as terrible as many people said it was.

Thinny 12-31-2021 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1276994)
I must be the only one on the board that hates The Circle.
For me its their worst album.

Nope - I never got it either. i've tried but it does very little for me...

Supersonic 12-31-2021 03:31 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1276994)
I must be the only one on the board that hates The Circle.
For me its their worst album.

I don't like it either. It's very overproduced with nothing of any substance. For someone against Trump the entire record has a lot of "Things used to be better in the past" sauce. Exactly the same kind of things Trump build his entire following on. If anything, the album breathes "OK boomer" all over its tracks and it's a sad testament of a band who'd just ran out of things to say.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

blazeofglory 12-31-2021 04:28 PM

I always go through phases where I really enjoy The Circle and other times I don’t listen to it at all for months (except for the songs I’ve got in my playlists).

Some songs really stand out while others are kinda just there and I feel like the overall sound of the album is quite cold, kinda like chrome or a shiny black surface you might find in a sleek modern kitchen.

It’s a sound I gotta be in the mood for to be able to really appreciate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alphavictim 12-31-2021 04:57 PM

1. New Jersey
2. Keep The Faith
3. Have A Nice Day
4. Slippery When Wet
5. Bounce
6. 7800° Fahrenheit
7. These Days
8. Crush
9. The Circle
10. Box Set
11. Bon Jovi
12. Burning Bridges
13. This House is Not For Sale
14. 2020
15. Lost Highway
16. What About Now
17. This Left Feels Right

bonjovi90 12-31-2021 06:32 PM

I loved the Circle upon its release, however, it didn't hold up at all.
The production is, as already stated, so cold and sterile that it basically ruins most of it for me. Some songs had nice lyrics that I still like and some songs were decent live like LTOR or TIMS.
There was some potential in there, namely because I regard the acoustic performances of WWBTF, WWWB and Superman as much better and intimate than the album versions. One thing that was lacking on that album for me were beautiful melodies and a proper drive in the songs.
Plus it was the first studio album where they couldn't hide Jon's vocal decline in some parts.

james_d 12-31-2021 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1277007)
Plus it was the first studio album where they couldn't hide Jon's vocal decline in some parts.

I'd argue that the decline had been very noticeable since Crush if I'm honest. I've not liked his vocals that much of an album front to back since DA.

GabrielC 01-01-2022 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1276998)
Aloha !

I don't like it either. It's very overproduced with nothing of any substance. For someone against Trump the entire record has a lot of "Things used to be better in the past" sauce. Exactly the same kind of things Trump build his entire following on. If anything, the album breathes "OK boomer" all over its tracks and it's a sad testament of a band who'd just ran out of things to say.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Against Trump in 2009? Don't think so...

I like The Circle. It's weird how the band dropped the album so fast, no rereleases, no deluxe version or bonus tracks. The promotion lacked a lot of investiment, both by the distributor and the band.

steel_horse75 01-01-2022 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_d (Post 1277010)
I'd argue that the decline had been very noticeable since Crush if I'm honest. I've not liked his vocals that much of an album front to back since DA.

I’d agree with that. After crush you notice him pronouncing words differently and on LH you get things like till we ain’t strangerrrrrrs anymore. Vocals become a bit nasally.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

steel_horse75 01-01-2022 09:47 AM

News About: World Tour 2022/23 & New Album

Isn’t the circle the album Jon said didn’t hold up and he no longer likes it much when he did those 40 second reviews of their albums?

I remember the farce of WWBTF of no solo and the song just being so boring and Jovi by numbers.

I haven’t listened to it a lot but I do like Superman Tonight, Thorn in my side, brokenpromiseland, Loves the only rule, fast cars and Happy now.

The rest are forgettable and never get played.

steel_horse75 01-01-2022 09:53 AM

News About: World Tour 2022/23 & New Album

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1276996)
I love The Circle. This album has a great sensation for the sound, its atmosphere, those grandiloquent drums, the drama and even though I not a huge fan of those guitars, they were doing something different from the last few records.

I don't know how to explain it, but that album has a majestic atmosphere to me, it is not the best collection of songs, but it is an album that I always listen to from the beginning to the end, even Fast Cars ... and I would have loved to see a show where they play the whole album.

For me, Brokenpromiseland always stood out, I don't understand why Jon didn't give it a real chance live, even the only time they played it live, it wasn't as terrible as many people said it was.

See for me, he doesn’t look convinced this song is a good song. During the chorus you get a “I’m not sure I like song” moment flash across his face. At one point it looks like he just wants to say “stop, this isn’t working”.
Also Jon’s vocals are really starting to notice and what I said in earlier post about pronouncing words oddly is full flow here.

I remember the circle was the first album I noticed not getting positive reviews from many places and a few magazines had the album in their worst albums of the year list.

But nothing beats Classic Rocks 1/10 for WAN…that review was scathing.

James_86 01-01-2022 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1276972)
I remember when The Circle started in February 2010, Roulette, Shot Through the Heart, Tokyo Road, Get Ready, Only Lonely, Homebound Train (RS), Something for the Pain (acoustic), Squeeze Box (acoustic) ... these two became a little repetitive but they were novelties in the start and the Bad Medicine Jukebox changed a lot (Bad Case of Lovin You, Hot Legs, Roadhouse Blues, Born To Be Wild, Pretty Woman, Old Time Rock & Roll ...).

They also rotated the new songs frequently. It was one of those tours that even though the autopilot existed from time to time, there was a bit of interest in not always offering the same thing.

The last good old days.

I got crucified on another thread here last year for saying this very thing. Apparently The Circle/GH sets were exactly the same night after night [emoji849]

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

jimmyjovi89 01-01-2022 11:47 AM

The Circle for me sums up Post 2000k perfectly moments of magic but let down by lack of effort. It’s one of my favourite albums and I have listened to it to death, Loves the only rule, Happy Now, Superman Tonight, Bullet and BrokenPromiseland are some of my favourite Jovi tracks. But I do wonder what it would of sounded like if the band of 1995 had recorded it, the production is just so dry and compressed it kills any life in the songs.

rolo_tomachi 01-04-2022 04:53 PM

Awesome performance of Happy Now Live from Sydney 2010

The songs work for me. It could have been better if they had worked a bit more in the studio to take it to another level, but still, even though it's not perfect, as a full album, it would be my favorite post2000. Call it guilty pleasure if you like, but like I said at the beginning, this album works for me.

Here another fantastic performance and a great opener.

liljovi93 01-04-2022 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1277052)
Awesome performance of Happy Now Live from Sydney 2010

The songs work for me. It could have been better if they had worked a bit more in the studio to take it to another level, but still, even though it's not perfect, as a full album, it would be my favorite post2000. Call it guilty pleasure if you like, but like I said at the beginning, this album works for me.

Here another fantastic performance and a great opener.

I love this song live. I think a few have said in the past that it wasn't a good opener but I love it. Especially the Sydney performance with the rasp.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

facaXe 01-05-2022 12:38 PM

Do you think we’ll ever get to hear Hurricane Butterfly in full length? Maybe on a box set?

Nige 01-05-2022 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by facaXe (Post 1277059)
Do you think we’ll ever get to hear Hurricane Butterfly in full length? Maybe on a box set?

Supposedly there is another boxset coming next year (2023) so it's a definite possibility.

blazeofglory 01-05-2022 02:42 PM

I suppose this means they’re really gonna announce a tour soon: https://twitter.com/themattbongiovi/...229052932?s=21

Faceman 01-05-2022 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazeofglory (Post 1277066)
I suppose this means they’re really gonna announce a tour soon: https://twitter.com/themattbongiovi/...229052932?s=21

I'd feel highly uncomfortable in such a sea of people these days...but good luck though!

James_86 01-06-2022 08:41 PM

https://twitter.com/Jerrybraden92/st...c4z6Ilkig&s=19

How nice that Jerry is letting the band announce that they're planning to tour. What a top bloke.

Honestly, what a self-centred snake. Absolute helmet.

PanosBonJovi 01-06-2022 10:21 PM

Hey everyone and happy new year

Hope you are all safe. Turns out I was right about the tour in 2022 that was already scheduled during autumn of 2021. Everyone is now doing small teasers before the official announcement

Great way to start 2022!

Xavi 01-06-2022 10:45 PM

If they come to Europe,wich I doubt,it will be the first time I wont go.
I think its too early to gather with lots of people,but good luck with those who will attend.

steel_horse75 01-06-2022 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1277080)
If they come to Europe,wich I doubt,it will be the first time I wont go.
I think its too early to gather with lots of people,but good luck with those who will attend.

I’m going guns and foos in uk so people don’t bother me…I just have no interest in this version of band.

superkid 01-07-2022 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1277081)
I’m going guns and foos in uk so people don’t bother me…I just have no interest in this version of band.

Is Axl really in any better shape than Jon though? In 2021 I saw a bunch of great shows (Stones, Eagles, Pearl Jam, Fogerty, Green Day, etc.) but that was one of the few major shows in my area I skipped. Axl sounds like Mickey Mouse now and after getting that image in my head I couldn't bring myself to go. Foos are in decent shape at least.

Good news on the touring front!

Javier 01-07-2022 02:40 AM

Phil X has shipped the first 8 of his guitars to the Bon Jovi team for the tour I assume. Guessing announcement soon....

Edit here's the first leg:
https://www.facebook.com/33060274383...9790837868834/

Captain_jovi 01-07-2022 05:48 AM

I started a thread in the Tour Discussion area with the April dates.

steel_horse75 01-07-2022 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superkid (Post 1277082)
Is Axl really in any better shape than Jon though? In 2021 I saw a bunch of great shows (Stones, Eagles, Pearl Jam, Fogerty, Green Day, etc.) but that was one of the few major shows in my area I skipped. Axl sounds like Mickey Mouse now and after getting that image in my head I couldn't bring myself to go. Foos are in decent shape at least.

Good news on the touring front!

Yeah I think Axl still sounds good. Not early Axl but good. They don’t leave songs out like BJ because the singer can no longer sing them.

I’m also going to see Crazy Lixx and Volbeat.

Supersonic 01-07-2022 09:30 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1277089)
Yeah I think Axl still sounds good. Not early Axl but good. They don’t leave songs out like BJ because the singer can no longer sing them.

Axl Rose sounds like ass. He's constantly out of breath, sings everything in falsetto and his rasp and tone is completely gone. People saying he still sounds good are just as guilty as those saying Jon Bon Jovi still sounds acceptable. And yes, Axl does leave out songs because he can't sing them. The setlist for a GnR show has been stale for 20 years with about 5 odd exceptions.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

jovifan93 01-07-2022 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1277007)
I loved the Circle upon its release, however, it didn't hold up at all.
The production is, as already stated, so cold and sterile that it basically ruins most of it for me. Some songs had nice lyrics that I still like and some songs were decent live like LTOR or TIMS.
There was some potential in there, namely because I regard the acoustic performances of WWBTF, WWWB and Superman as much better and intimate than the album versions. One thing that was lacking on that album for me were beautiful melodies and a proper drive in the songs.

Funny, I really like the production and sound of it. Reminds me a bit of New Jersey with the drums and overall sounds less sterile and pattern based to me than for example HAND. Sure, LH was even more organic, but comparing it to everything that came after it, TC is the last real band album to me. And I like it from start to finish, yes even Fast Cars and WFTWM (that bridge is just awesome and I don't cringe at the choreography,a s well ;-)).

rolo_tomachi 01-07-2022 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1277094)
Funny, I really like the production and sound of it. Reminds me a bit of New Jersey with the drums and overall sounds less sterile and pattern based to me than for example HAND. Sure, LH was even more organic, but comparing it to everything that came after it, TC is the last real band album to me. And I like it from start to finish, yes even Fast Cars and WFTWM (that bridge is just awesome and I don't cringe at the choreography,a s well ;-)).

I agree with your point. In the end it is a matter of taste. But the sound is very good, I can clearly hear the layers of each instrument and added effects, I can distinguish the different guitar tracks and the drums sound epic at many times.

Someone mentioned that they did not like this album because it sounded dry and compressed, not so for me, maybe something artificial in some moments but I really feel that this album has a better sound than WAN and THINFS.

The bad side is that the vocals are very irregular, there are great tracks like Love the Only Rule, but then there are others with a lot of sloppiness (Happy Now was a missed opportunity for another great studio track). Here I would blame both JBJ and J. Shanks. In any case, it is not a perfect album, it has its good and bad things, but the final balance comes out more positive than negative.

It is true that as blazeofglory said, the album is quite cold, kinda like the chrome, but not necessarily that is bad, I mean, it was a different album from the rest, and that was what I liked. Not everything has to be the same in its repertoire, so in the end it depends on your tastes.

I can understand that it is not the cup of tea of many fans... ... but anyway, it was a good try. Do I need another album like The Circle? of course not, but it was interesting and different at that time.

rolo_tomachi 01-07-2022 02:44 PM

https://i.ibb.co/pyr9s6b/list.jpg

Lot of dates in a single month.

Nige 01-07-2022 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1277098)
https://i.ibb.co/pyr9s6b/list.jpg

Much lower running costs that way. God knows what it'll do for Jon's voice though.

rolo_tomachi 01-07-2022 03:40 PM

I have moved my post here:
https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/bon-j...ml#post1277105

Javier 01-07-2022 03:53 PM

"Hampton Water presents"

:roll: :lol:

Pivek 01-07-2022 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1277102)
From the background tapestry, it seems that we are facing a tour without an album, going through the entire catalog of the band, including JBJ Blaze of Glory.

I wouldn't stick to that tapestry. I see In And Out Of Love there, which is JBJ hated stuff, I presume ;)

Xavi 01-07-2022 04:01 PM

Funny to see current Tico and David pics but Jons is from 2000...

rolo_tomachi 01-07-2022 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1277106)
Funny to see current Tico and David pics but Jons is from 2000...

Where is Hugh? hahaha, Bon Jovi as a band sometimes seems like a fraud to me.

bonjovi90 01-07-2022 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1277098)

In 1987 or 1989 this would've been considererd a holiday month by the band :mrgreen:

JoviForever 01-07-2022 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 1277099)
Much lower running costs that way. God knows what it'll do for Jon's voice though.

I can see a lot of miming going on.
I honestly don’t know why he doesn’t call it a day touring wise! Is he that desperate for money?!

facaXe 01-07-2022 06:00 PM

Maybe there's still a chance that they'll release a new single in February like they did with Walls and When We Were Us.