Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

rolo_tomachi 05-20-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1131158)
You're right. Instead he's stayed silent while the band continued the tour. I fail to see how Jon is the bad guy to you. Whether or not more days should have been added is a fair argument but for the dates already sold? Jon's not the bad guy.

If this is a struggle of egos, Jon is the villain of the movie.

The Rock 05-20-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1131153)
Richie has not insulted Jon in an interview.

All his tweets are insults. Jon is blunt, Richie is cunning but both are just as bad as the other.

Jon is now frustrated. Look at the picture of Jon with the reporter, its the same but just change the reporter. So he is doing interview, after interview all on the same day, getting the same questions. It's now getting frustrating for him and he will talk. We might be seeing more quotes and interviews coming out. Be prepared.

CKatz said it true, if Richie wasn't replacable, he would be gone now. Jon needs him and knows it. He wouldn't be leaving the door open and saying that Richie is always a member of the band but now Jon is pissed and when you are angry, he talk. Someone else like David or Tico, need to take over the interviews.

rolo_tomachi 05-20-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1131157)
So has Richie with his "personal issues " crap. You are going to have to face that Richie is not blameless in this.

Both are full of shit, but Jon has to be always the winner, and that's not fair.

something new about Matt?

Beaky 05-20-2013 09:49 PM

I think the whole "100%" reference is Richie's preoccupation to his solo album and his desire to use his profile to plug that, rather than WAN.

Jon wants him onboard with Bon Jovi, or don't bother... basically. I've said before, he's no doubt got a contract to back that up, so he's in the right.

In reference to the 'he would have fired him if he wanted' comment... I don't think so. Jon is a businessman and it seems his business, without Richie, is ailing. Yes, the poor ticket sales aren't just about RS's absence but Jon will be looking at whether he needs/can afford to have Richie in the band from here on in. Weighing up a loss in tickets sales with the fact that he can't be relied upon etc.

Jon knows it's not so simple as 'just fire him,' he has to look like the good guy... wait until he's in a good position to judge the pro's and con's.

Before anyone leaps on 'why does there need to be a good guy!?!' like they did over my 'pro-Jon' comment... chill out... I have been and remain really balanced in this. I am not talking about myself or you, or your mates. Jon is media savvy, he knows he has to play this a certain way. Richie seems more impulsive and I think that's exactly why he's in the position he's in.

steel_horse75 05-20-2013 09:49 PM

How anyone can blame JBJ for all this - with the facts we know - is beyond me.
Sambora has let everyone down.

This thread is over 400 pages and still no statement from richie

jessycardy 05-20-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1131159)
If this is a struggle of egos, Jon is the villain of the movie.

Jon's not the one who left band and fans high and dry.

And I'm NOT saying he didn't have a good enough reason, nor am I taking for granted, as you seem to be doing, that it's about egos. But IF that was the case, Richie would come off like a total dick for just bailing out without notice nor care for anyone, fans and other band members included. That's why I find this finger-pointing rather pointless (LOL), since it's all based on IFs.

Beaky 05-20-2013 09:53 PM

Also, for anyone wondering if Jon was quoted out of context over the U2 thing... Matt was sent the link and asked if it was bad reporting to which he replied...

Not bad reporting.

Apologies if this has been posted already.

ben 05-20-2013 09:55 PM

wow! 406 pages!
I love this thread :)

The Rock 05-20-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1131167)
Also, for anyone wondering if Jon was quoted out of context over the U2 thing... Matt was sent the link and asked if it was bad reporting to which he replied...

Not bad reporting.

Apologies if this has been posted already.

So do you think that Matt just forgot a full stop behind the Not. So meant to say Not. Bad Reporting. As in not Jon's words, bad reporting or his saying not bad reporting and so the article and Jon's quotes are true?

Jonty 05-20-2013 10:02 PM

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrit...ghters-1899663

assume we got this one mentioned somewhere?