Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Jonty 05-20-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben (Post 1131168)
wow! 406 pages!
I love this thread :)

shame it has been required.

jessycardy 05-20-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1131169)
So do you think that Matt just forgot a full stop behind the Not. So meant to say Not. Bad Reporting. As in not Jon's words, bad reporting or his saying not bad reporting and so the article and Jon's quotes are true?

He definitely meant what he said. The question was worded something like: "is this a case of bad reporting or did Jon actually say those words?".

JoviJovi 05-20-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1131169)
So do you think that Matt just forgot a full stop behind the Not. So meant to say Not. Bad Reporting. As in not Jon's words, bad reporting or his saying not bad reporting and so the article and Jon's quotes are true?

His grammar is god awful, so definitely possible. That's actually the way I read it.

DestinationJovi 05-20-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1131113)
Unfortunately I think that is very true. Except for Jon, it seems like the other guys aren't all that passionate about the new album. Hate to go back to the "CEO/employees" thing but I do sense it's gonna be the thing that ends this band.

Considering at the Vienna press conference Tico admitted he can't say whether or not he agrees with the lyrics of the songs because he doesn't even know them, I'd say yeah, the other guys aren't too passionate about it.

DestinationJovi 05-20-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrIks from Finland (Post 1131135)
Did anybody noticed who was there in us shows where richie still was that he wouldnt have given his everything like jon is making it sound on the interview?
At least in cleveland show which was streamed i think richie was in great shape and did a great job.

Richie gave way more than Jon did. Jon hid behind his guitar and mic stand, Richie was the star.

afk 05-20-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1131178)
Considering at the Vienna press conference Tico admitted he can't say whether or not he agrees with the lyrics of the songs because he doesn't even know them, I'd say yeah, the other guys aren't too passionate about it.

Hahah that comment was hilarious!

JordanRose 05-20-2013 10:51 PM

Nobody seems t have mentioned the huge importance of him saying he only spoke to Sambongo once on the first leg.

It might be true that they never had a blow-out at any point but he's making it very plain that The Bongonator had a serious 'personal issue' for a while and is expecting people to put 2 and 2 together and figure out roughly what's going on.

jdanielross 05-20-2013 10:55 PM

Richie is to blame because he walked from the tour for whatever reason (apart from being something seriously wrong ... which at this point I think we've mostly ruled out based on interviews and tweets).

Jon is to blame because he lied to the band about having a break and is a workaholic (thus orcing the band to be workaholics) and started writing and recording WAN (which, let's be honest, is mostly a JBJ solo effort). The band, obviously, should've taken a break from a 13-year record/tour cycle without many proper breaks (remember when they weren't even going to tour Lost Highway for a break ... that was three albums/tours ago now).

I find fault in both. It's not an either/or, it's cause (JBJ's work ethic) and effect (a bad reaction from RS).

rolo_tomachi 05-20-2013 11:01 PM

Now my question is, what about now? I'm talking seriously.

DestinationJovi 05-20-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1131187)
Now my question is, what about now? I'm talking seriously.

"YOU'VE GOTTA ASK RICHIE"