Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

rolo_tomachi 05-21-2013 12:16 AM

They have to fix your damn problems.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOeHF6mhU9U#t=0m16s

Jayster 05-21-2013 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1131069)
I don't think its out of context. Jon has said several times recently that Phil X was there to replace Richie and he sounded just as good.

An amazing guitarist, no doubt, but nowhere near as good a backing singer and next to no stage presence when compared to Richie.

That Edge comment is very strange. It would be easy peasy to get someone in to replace the Edge. U2's guitar work is even more simple than Bon Jovi's.

Is he trying to say Edge is a more important member of U2 than Richie is Bon Jovi?

It's not looking very promising going by these interviews.

crashed 05-21-2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayster (Post 1131234)
An amazing guitarist, no doubt, but nowhere near as good a backing singer and next to no stage presence when compared to Richie.

That Edge comment is very strange. It would be easy peasy to get someone in to replace the Edge. U2's guitar work is even more simple than Bon Jovi's.

Is he trying to say Edge is a more important member of U2 than Richie is Bon Jovi?

The comment is a really odd one. Perhaps the oddest thing I've heard Jon say. Though I rarely take anything jon says in an interview seriously. He says whatever comes off his head at the time.

rainsong 05-21-2013 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayster (Post 1131234)

I honestly think the Edge comment was meant in the way that the Edge has a very elaborate setup on stage, he handles all the extra sounds in their music, has it all programmed through his set up, therefore if he was to be out much more difficult to replace than just the Edges guitar work.

DestinationJovi 05-21-2013 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainsong (Post 1131249)
I honestly think the Edge comment was meant in the way that the Edge has a very elaborate setup on stage, he handles all the extra sounds in their music, has it all programmed through his set up, therefore if he was to be out much more difficult to replace than just the Edges guitar work.

Who would know that besides U2 fans? I wouldn't know that. It sounds like a dig at Richie to me.

Richie really needs to break his radio silence. Bon Jovi is his bread and butter. Without Bon Jovi he would have even fewer fans of his solo work. He's losing the respect of Bon Jovi fans and his solo fans by not talking about why he's not touring.

Walleris 05-21-2013 01:47 AM

Quote:

If Jon's smart enough to know this, he also should be smart enough to realize that most people (including me until I saw this post) had no idea about that and would take it completely differently. Still a horrible move by Jon.

crashed 05-21-2013 01:47 AM

Quote:

In that context what hes saying would make sense. The comment like I said earlier just seems really odd and out of place otherwise, because no matter whats gone on between them Jon's not going to say his lead guitarist for 30 years isn't one of the best out there.

Crushgen24/88 05-21-2013 01:47 AM

I think what Jon was trying to say is that because of Edge's pedals and whole setup U2 wouldn't have been aple to play a show on night-of notice that he's wasn't showing up.

jessycardy 05-21-2013 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kryten2340 (Post 1131201)
He seems to have deleted this tweet as well. If he hasn't I can't see it.

It's still there: https://twitter.com/MatthewBongiovi/...39670659866624

Lisa71 05-21-2013 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1131254)
I think what Jon was trying to say is that because of Edge's pedals and whole setup U2 wouldn't have been aple to play a show on night-of notice that he's wasn't showing up.

That is probably true because I am sure Jon has seen comments such as if this was U2 or the stones, they would have cancelled. So he was explaining why they continued.

Could he also mean, the reason why the Edge had to not perform was because of his daughters illness? And thankfully that is not the case for Richie?

Jon says God Forbid and then uses The Edge as an example. His daughter got cancer and U2 cancelled the tour. I took Jon saying God forbid, if that would have been the case, Bon Jovi would have cancelled but thank God, its not illness with his daughter. I probably didn't explain it good.