Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Neurotica80 05-21-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1131278)
The problem Jovi have re ticket sales is not no Richie but an over kill of touring in last 6 years.
There's a recession on and people are picking and choosing their gigs more carefully.
If a non die hard has seen them twice in last few years he wont go again especially if other bands he is interested in are touring.

Agree with this, its def not just down to Richies absence. They have over killed it on Stadium shows. I'd have loved to see Jon go down the route of more intimate venues like Bryan Adams did on the bare bones tour I think Bruce did something similar around ten years ago too? Just f-ing change it in some way, I bet even the casuals are bored of the same tired old lines between songs, bad name 2nd, 13 min version of Who says before the encore, its getting really unoriginal.

danfan 05-21-2013 01:03 PM

Every day I check this thread hoping for some new news. Still waiting.

jessycardy 05-21-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1131296)
I think Jon refers to himself when he says: ‘I hate my brother and I’m gonna quit the band.

Not a chance. He's obviously referring to Richie.

The Rock 05-21-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1131318)
Not a chance. He's obviously referring to Richie.

You are right, its Richie that Jon is talking about. He is saying that Richie has two choices. Either join the band 100% and that means on stage and off stage or say I hate my brother (which he means himself, Jon) and I quit ( the band). Interesting that Jon used the term brother. So he still sees the band as brothers.

jessycardy 05-21-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1131320)
You are right, its Richie that Jon is talking about. He is saying that Richie has two choices. Either join the band 100% and that means on stage and off stage or say I hate my brother (which he means himself, Jon) and I quit ( the band). Interesting that Jon used the term brother. So he still sees the band as brothers.

Of course he does. Whatever the situation is, I'm sure it's having a big emotional impact on everybody involved. Which is also clear by the way they're handling things. The unwritten rule of not washing one's dirty laundry in public has been clearly violated, and it's pretty much a first in Bon Jovi land.

Slakk 05-21-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1131322)
Of course he does. Whatever the situation is, I'm sure it's having a big emotional impact on everybody involved. Which is also clear by the way they're handling things. The unwritten rule of not washing one's dirty laundry in public has been clearly violated, and it's pretty much a first in Bon Jovi land.

Well I certainly understand why. The guys on the road are busting their collective butts on the road and Richie is tweeting guitars and pictures of her daughter. I can imagine it is really frustrating. Everyone is having to take on more responsibility because one *brother* is MIA once again.

jessycardy 05-21-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slakk (Post 1131331)
Well I certainly understand why. The guys on the road are busting their collective butts on the road and Richie is tweeting guitars and pictures of her daughter. I can imagine it is really frustrating. Everyone is having to take on more responsibility because one *brother* is MIA once again.

Yup. And I think it can only so long go on like this. It won't be long before someone, anyone, blurts out what's going on. If it's not Richie, it will be someone else. But I highly doubt they'll go on like this till the tour is over as someone predicted shortly after the whole soap-opera started.

rolo_tomachi 05-21-2013 03:33 PM

I think it's a power struggle, something smells rotten in Bon Jovi.

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/2...jvssambora.gif

CharlieShipley 05-21-2013 03:33 PM

In regard to The Edge, has anybody seen "It Might Get Loud?" with him, Jimmy Page and Jack White? Awesome. Not only did it make me want to learn more about The Edge and Jimmy Page, it made me want to learn guitar. It also explains that, yeah, his setup is pretty beastly, but easily manipulated.

samboraisgodUK 05-21-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieShipley (Post 1131336)
In regard to The Edge, has anybody seen "It Might Get Loud?" with him, Jimmy Page and Jack White? Awesome. Not only did it make me want to learn more about The Edge and Jimmy Page, it made me want to learn guitar. It also explains that, yeah, his setup is pretty beastly, but easily manipulated.

I do love the part about "Elevation"