Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Anything Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69483)

Becky 11-05-2018 02:41 AM

Some of Bon Jovi’s covers let me enjoy or even introduced me to songs I never cared/knew about one way or the other before they did it: Help, With a Little Help from My Friends, Imagine, It’s My Life/We Gotta Get Out of this Place, Sylvia’s Mother, Hallelujah, It’s Only Rock and Roll, Sympathy for the Devil, etc... There were no Beatles or Rolling Stones records in my mother’s collection I listened to as a kid. But then they have also covered songs I already loved and made them even better (for me): Bridge Over Troubled Water, Mrs. Robinson, It’s Only Make Believe, anything originally done by Elvis (my mom had all his records), and so forth.

YOVANAfromPeru 11-05-2018 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1246805)
no one is telling people....not to express their feelings...?

what in the name of God this means??? (I'm talking about JackieBlue not about me lol)

JackieBlue 11-05-2018 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1246882)
what in the name of God this means??? (I'm talking about JackieBlue not about me lol)

HUH??? How'd I get in the middle of this?:confused:

Captain_jovi 11-05-2018 05:26 AM

Oh I don't know what she's talking about half the time :)

YOVANAfromPeru 11-05-2018 06:24 AM

Maybe because you don't know what I know

Xavi 11-05-2018 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1246881)
Some of Bon Jovi’s covers let me enjoy or even introduced me to songs I never cared/knew about one way or the other before they did it: Help, With a Little Help from My Friends, Imagine, It’s My Life/We Gotta Get Out of this Place, Sylvia’s Mother, Hallelujah, It’s Only Rock and Roll, Sympathy for the Devil, etc... There were no Beatles or Rolling Stones records in my mother’s collection I listened to as a kid. But then they have also covered songs I already loved and made them even better (for me): Bridge Over Troubled Water, Mrs. Robinson, It’s Only Make Believe, anything originally done by Elvis (my mom had all his records), and so forth.

I once talked to Obie,back in 2010,and he told me that he had an idea for years in his mind that was to release an album with the best covers the band had played through the years.

semigoodlooking 11-05-2018 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1246890)
I once talked to Obie,back in 2010,and he told me that he had an idea for years in his mind that was to release an album with the best covers the band had played through the years.

While I wouldn't really want this (I hated Metallica's Garage Inc. for example), it would have been a preferable project to This Left Feels Right.

YOVANAfromPeru 11-05-2018 12:42 PM

to me any old song is welcomed... JBJ had the idea of the Box Set specifically since 1999 because of those 60 songs that we all know, he thought "it might be a good idea as a part of a box set or something."
Kinda like when with NJ he said they wrote so much but that double LP didn't work out and that stuff coud be for the next album or some of them used for B-sides

Jovi98 11-05-2018 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1246899)
to me any old song is welcomed... JBJ had the idea of the Box Set specifically since 1999 because of those 60 songs that we all know, he thought "it might be a good idea as a part of a box set or something."
Kinda like when with NJ he said they wrote so much but that double LP didn't work out and that stuff coud be for the next album or some of them used for B-sides

i hope that someday i will can hear the original version of "it only takes one to say goodbye" sung by Jon.

Nige 11-06-2018 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovi98 (Post 1246905)
i hope that someday i will can hear the original version of "it only takes one to say goodbye" sung by Jon.

Same here, plus Jon singing Only In My Dreams too.