Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

bj7800 05-22-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1131855)
Some of you are getting really nasty. I have a feeling a lot of you are going to regret what you've said once the truth comes out.
People have been forcing him to say something, now he has: He has a lot to say, but doesn't want to (or can't) right now. That's not too hard to understand..... I understand the frustration of not knowing what is going on, but we will eventually.

Your missing the point. Most us could careless what the reason is for missing the tour. He doesn't need to give us a blow by blow intimate knowledge of his personal issues. A straightforward statement regarding his intentions is what is needed.
The silly thing is by his patronising tweets and lack of a clear statement he is creating more speculation and focus on himself.

tico_6 05-22-2013 08:53 AM

Not sure what to make of all of this, just a real bad situation.

I have been a fan for a long time and i remember the days when Richie's playing was flawless and his tone was brilliant. The combination of Jon and Richie with two acoustic guitars is legendary.

If it is substance abuse or alcohol, my experience with a family member who went through this type of thing is the person simply changes. The person you once knew is no longer the same person and no matter how hard you try to help them you sometimes cannot stop them from making fools of themselves. Until the particular person turns it all around it is very difficult to co exist. All you can do is support but at times that is extremely difficult. I know my family member got into some real shit situations and burnt a lot of bridges.
I would imagine being in one of the biggest rock bands on the planet whilst going through this can't be easy and in fact maybe these silly tweets we are getting is Richie making a fool of himself without realising. Who knows whats going on, i just hope it all works out.

CKatz 05-22-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bj7800 (Post 1131863)
Your missing the point. Most us could careless what the reason is for missing the tour. He doesn't need to give us a blow by blow intimate knowledge of his personal issues. A straightforward statement regarding his intentions is what is needed.
The silly thing is by his patronising tweets and lack of a clear statement he is creating more speculation and focus on himself.

This is a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. No matter what, people will bitch. Things don't seem to be very straightforward right now, which is why he can't give the explanation you want and feel you deserve. I do however think a statement from him is about to come, but not on twitter.

bj7800 05-22-2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1131865)
This is a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. No matter what, people will bitch. Things don't seem to be very straightforward right now, which is why he can't give the explanation you want and feel you deserve. I do however think a statement from him is about to come, but not on twitter.

There doesn't need to be an explanation. A simple I have some personal issues right now but hope to rejoin the tour or say that he can't commit to being on this tour but is still in the band out of the band etc. Its not fair to leave fans uncertain whether he will be playing at shows or not. People want to plan and Richie being there or at least telling us he is attempting to be there does impact on a lot of fans.

Some sort of genuine statement that shows some respect for his fans than silly tweets.

The Rock 05-22-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1131865)

This is how I took it too. I don't think his depressed or worried about his mental state but Richie is about too talk. Jon has done his interviews, Richie is now ready to talk but just there is too much too say and it can't be done on twitter.

I don't think that Jon was hinting that substances abuse. When he said, we have been through this before, it was the missing of the shows, not the same reasons. If Jon was making up crap and Richie is clear, then he has got alot to answer for and I don't think Jon is that stupid to make up bullshit because Richie can counter him. It's now Richie making a statement regarding the future of his role in the band.

kenobi_on_a_prayer 05-22-2013 10:04 AM

3 minutes ago...

Quote:

Richie Sambora ‏@TheRealSambora 3m

Just don't worry... Everything's good....
*sigh*

PatriciaSambora 05-22-2013 10:05 AM

Richie just tweeted @TheRealSambora: Just don't worry... Everything's good....

Kryten2340 05-22-2013 10:05 AM

Just don't worry... Everything's good....
9:00am - 22 May 13

CKatz 05-22-2013 10:10 AM

No matter how many times Richie tells fans he is fine and not to worry, there will still be people who think he's back to drinking, ill or has mental issues. It's ridiculous. Richie must be just as frustrated as everyone else is by the constant gossip and lack of patience.

Crushgen24/88 05-22-2013 10:11 AM

Just popped in to post Richie's tweet. This is just getting weirder.