Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

rolo_tomachi 05-22-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1131987)
From Classic Rock

I think in the pated of 10 days, sprucing up the problems.

jessycardy 05-22-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1131987)
From Classic Rock

That's just a reworded sum of what already came out with the two interviews for UK tabloids a few days ago. This thing's getting closer to regain media's attention once again.

nrm123 05-22-2013 02:53 PM

I just don't know what to think anymore I've lost a lot of respect for him over this he is still my idol and always will be my inspiration after seeing him in London last year I thought he was the best guy on earth seemed so friendly and that he actually cares about his fans and music but these tweets are pissing me off

jessycardy 05-22-2013 02:54 PM

Someone tweeted Matt about Jon's "The Edge" interview (pass me the shortcut, but I think it makes it clearer for everybody) and Matt's reply was interesting.

Aussie-Lesley ‏@AussieLesley 12h
@MatthewBongiovi @DannyAspinall IMO everyone is reading into what Jon says too much. He wants RS back but is leaving the ball in his court.

Matthew Bongiovi ‏@MatthewBongiovi 12h
@AussieLesley @dannyaspinall 100%

https://twitter.com/MatthewBongiovi/...01777146781696

EMG8181 05-22-2013 03:27 PM

My first thought when i heard because we can,Is that really Sambora playing the guitarsolo?Doesnt sound like him at all and it sounds like crap to me.Watching the liveclips from this tour i think he play better guitar than last 15 years or more.That makes me thinking how much he really play on the album..Everytning happend very quick with this album,when was it recorded?Never seen RS tweet something about the studiosession as he did with his Aftermath album.
Maybe he´s been pissed if BJ album was in the writing and recording progress in the middle of his solotour and promotion...Just saying.

Captain_jovi 05-22-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMG8181 (Post 1132000)
My first thought when i heard because we can,Is that really Sambora playing the guitarsolo?Doesnt sound like him at all and it sounds like crap to me.Watching the liveclips from this tour i think he play better guitar than last 15 years or more.That makes me thinking how much he really play on the album..Everytning happend very quick with this album,when was it recorded?Never seen RS tweet something about the studiosession as he did with his Aftermath album.
Maybe he´s been pissed if BJ album was in the writing and recording progress in the middle of his solotour and promotion...Just saying.

It's him on a lot of the album, just dialed way way way way back. It's def him on BWC, the phrasing is definitely his style.

EMG8181 05-22-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1132001)
It's him on a lot of the album, just dialed way way way way back. It's def him on BWC, the phrasing is definitely his style.

Its him "on a lot of the album" ? Reminds me of Kiss and Ace Frehley in the late 70´s.

Captain_jovi 05-22-2013 03:54 PM

Fact of the matter is both Dan Huff and John Shanks have said in the past they played on the albums too, we know Bobby did the solo on Wildflower. During HAND promo Richie was interviewed alone and when talking about the song he kept referring to it as "Wildfire". I genuinely think Richie's played 80 to 90 percent of the guitar work on the albums but WAN is so devoid of any creativity guitar wise. He's adapted this weird single note picking thing during The Circle and it's carried forward to this.

rolo_tomachi 05-22-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1132007)
Fact of the matter is both Dan Huff and John Shanks have said in the past they played on the albums too, we know Bobby did the solo on Wildflower. During HAND promo Richie was interviewed alone and when talking about the song he kept referring to it as "Wildfire". I genuinely think Richie's played 80 to 90 percent of the guitar work on the albums but WAN is so devoid of any creativity guitar wise. He's adapted this weird single note picking thing during The Circle and it's carried forward to this.

Since working with John Shanks, does not touch David, Tico either.

This is not because Sambora is a bum. Jon works more comfortable that way, that's why I hate John Shanks.

In Bounce and crush you could see how they recorded the songs in the studio, and had better results than now.

rolo_tomachi 05-22-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1132007)

Since working with John Shanks, does not play David, Tico either.

This is not because Sambora is a bum. Jon works more comfortable that way, that's why I hate John Shanks.

In Bounce and Crush you could see how they recorded the songs in the studio, and had better results than now.