Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Jonty 05-22-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieShipley (Post 1132022)
I have felt this too, and not just BWC. A few others on the album sound like all vocals are done by Jon, and possibly some backing by David. Especially since, shortly before Aftermath was released, Seb mentioned it was possible to replicate the "tone" of someone's voice

Not to say that Richie can't be heard, most strongly for me on "Fighter" WAN and "Into The Echo."

and thick of thieves

Neurotica80 05-22-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1132031)
Why do everyone try to read so much about Matt's tweet, I'm pretty sure he hitted the gym and started listening Richie's record out of curiosity. It's a nice record to work out. To me is just that, the dude was listening to it and shared it on Twitter as he usualy does.

I don't think so. He replied to every negative tweet about it, he loves it. Why bring Richie up when he doesnt have to at all?

jessycardy 05-22-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1132031)
Why do everyone try to read so much about Matt's tweet, I'm pretty sure he hitted the gym and started listening Richie's record out of curiosity. It's a nice record to work out. To me is just that, the dude was listening to it and shared it on Twitter as he usualy does.

C'mon, the guy gets everybody reading stuff into tweets that absolutely have nothing to do with Richie at all, do you believe he didn't think twice before tweeting something like that? I don't know what he was trying to convey (probably just wanted to reassure people that he doesn't have anything against Richie or his album), but it must have been intentional. He also specifically tagged Richie in it, so Richie will be notified.

ezearis 05-22-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80 (Post 1132035)
I don't think so. He replied to every negative tweet about it, he loves it. Why bring Richie up when he doesnt have to at all?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1132036)
C'mon, the guy gets everybody reading stuff into tweets that absolutely have nothing to do with Richie at all, do you believe he didn't think twice before tweeting something like that? I don't know what he was trying to convey (probably just wanted to reassure people that he doesn't have anything against Richie or his album), but it must have been intentional. He also specifically tagged Richie in it, so Richie will be notified.

I honestly believe the guy was listening to the record while he was at the gym and wanted to share it, maybe it crossed his mind "Richie fans are going to love this" before pressing "Tweet". Tagging is something that almost everyone does on Twitter: you talk about Spotify, you put @Spotify, you talk about Wallmart, you put @Wallmart. Is not like Facebook tagging. Or maybe yes, he wanted him to know that he was listening to the record, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Matt might be a dick, but he's a simple dick. He doesn't think things that much.

Captain_jovi 05-22-2013 05:36 PM

Richie's voice is all over the album, it's very prominent on almost every track. His playing is simply auto-pilot. I don't doubt for a second the solos are him and some of the leads but the rhythm tracks are questionable.

No way in hell the BWC solo is Jon. He attempted it the first show Richie was gone, before Phil, and he botched it bad. It's Richie.

ben 05-22-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1132036)

I agree with you. I don't think Matt tweets just like that, I think this tweet about Richie was in purpose, to make fun of him. and to see how many fans still support him. that's sad.
generally he likes controversy very much and he likes to sit down after tweeting like this and watch fans arguing. saddest thing is that he's very rude to them. what a nice attitude this man has! he divides the fans, like it wasn't enough already that he destroyed the fan base. this is my opinion.

bjcrazycpa 05-22-2013 06:01 PM

I'm not going to comment on Matt specifically as he is a friend but I can say (knowing him and his relationship with Richie) that the tweet was definitely NOT sarcastic and not making fun of Richie in any way.

choclady 05-22-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1132051)
I'm not going to comment on Matt specifically as he is a friend but I can say (knowing him and his relationship with Richie) that the tweet was definitely NOT sarcastic and not making fun of Richie in any way.

oh lord, what kind of friends do you have :???:

Mysterytrain 05-22-2013 06:06 PM

I didn't think Matt was being sarcastic, either. If there was any intent behind the Tweet, I think it was to show solidarity with Richie, especially since he tagged Richie in the Tweet.

Beaky 05-22-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1132051)

Honestly, no matter how much of a tool Matt can come across, I think his thought process was that lots of people were picking up on Jon's comments and his apparent lack of empathy for RS. Plus, with 'Edge-Gate' ... I think this was Matt's way telling Richie he is still respected and wanted; hence the follow up tweet calling him his 'brother' again.

Jon's press this week has really put a lot of sh*t back at Richie's door, which we presume he deserves. Matt is just trying to defuse a situation I think.