Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2 Very Special Bon Jovi Projects (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68524)

rolo_tomachi 06-09-2014 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1177769)
These demos must have been in pretty bad shape because I still hear some bumps at certain parts. Nothing worth making a big deal over but if you listen closely, I think they are there. Either that, or I'm so used to hearing them as part of the song, it's all in my head.

I'm with you, I wanted both these songs that I do not care. To me this is fine. Also I thought about 6 albums, one per month.

Maybe ... SWW, NJ, KTF, Crush, HAND, WAN?

Adam D 06-09-2014 06:28 PM

New Jersey will be the only Deluxe Edition we get this year, so I hope everyone adjusts their expectations accordingly. We may get some half-hearted live release before the end of the year, but that will be it.

rolo_tomachi 06-09-2014 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam D (Post 1177772)
New Jersey will be the only Deluxe Edition we get this year, so I hope everyone adjusts their expectations accordingly. We may get some half-hearted live release before the end of the year, but that will be it.

What??? NO NO NO....

Bon Jovi have announced plans for a series of 30th anniversary releases in 2014, starting with a deluxe reissue of the band’s ‘New Jersey’ album.

Although they stopped short of offering details, Rolling Stone’s report adds that the band has “promised to release more 30th anniversary material this year, including new collections of studio and live recordings.” In the meantime, fans can start setting aside money for July 1, when ‘New Jersey’ is scheduled to (re-)arrive in stores.

http://media0.giphy.com/media/LeYFkniJST8wo/giphy.gif

Adam D 06-09-2014 06:40 PM

I'm well aware of what the reports say. But notice, that no specifics are given and I believe that's on purpose. There may be one live release before the end of the year "celebrating thirty years" or whatever, but no more Deluxe Editions of albums. My gut feeling.

rolo_tomachi 06-09-2014 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam D (Post 1177774)
I'm well aware of what the reports say. But notice, that no specifics are given and I believe that's on purpose. There may be one live release before the end of the year "celebrating thirty years" or whatever, but no more Deluxe Editions of albums. My gut feeling.

Don't think so.

This summer I will hear "Sons Of Beaches" while I go to the beach in my car.

http://funny-pics-fun.com/wp-content...t-Wheels-6.gif

Rdkopper 06-09-2014 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam D (Post 1177774)

Oooo. You actually have a good point there. If you read it carefully, there is no mention of other Deluxe Editions. It says "other 30th anniversary releases" which could pretty much be anything.

I'll have to re-think all this. If so, the good news is there is a mention of additional unreleased and live songs (maybe Soul Truth / Cad Man / Life's Too Short / Etc...) So maybe a second box set is on the way and the reason for them keeping it all quiet is because the NJ demos will be included.

Honestly, at this point who knows. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. It is fun trying to figure this all out though.

Lucas_Roli 06-09-2014 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1177777)
Oooo. You actually have a good point there. If you read it carefully, there is no mention of other Deluxe Editions. It says "other 30th anniversary releases" which could pretty much be anything.

I'll have to re-think all this. If so, the good news is there is a mention of additional unreleased and live songs (maybe Soul Truth / Cad Man / Life's Too Short / Etc...) So maybe a second box set is on the way and the reason for them keeping it all quiet is because the NJ demos will be included.

Honestly, at this point who knows. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. It is fun trying to figure this all out though.

As much as I'd love to get The Sole Truth I don't think we're ever going to get it.I don't think the show from 91 was recorded in soundboard quality and I have no ideea if it was recorded in the studio,although there was this guy in the comment section on youtube who claimed that he had a studio demo version of it with different instruments.I contacted the guy but he never responded...
Anyway,aren't you the guy who said that he was at that show but doesn't remember the band performing it?

Rdkopper 06-09-2014 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas_Roli (Post 1177779)
As much as I'd love to get The Sole Truth I don't think we're ever going to get it.I don't think the show from 91 was recorded in soundboard quality and I have no ideea if it was recorded in the studio,although there was this guy in the comment section on youtube who claimed that he had a studio demo version of it with different instruments.I contacted the guy but he never responded...
Anyway,aren't you the guy who said that he was at that show but doesn't remember the band performing it?

I thought other soundboard songs were used for b-sides?

Yea, although it was performed my memory of it doesn't exist.

bonjovi90 06-09-2014 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas_Roli (Post 1177779)
I don't think the show from 91 was recorded in soundboard quality and I have no ideea if it was recorded in the studio,although there was this guy in the comment section on youtube who claimed that he had a studio demo version of it with different instruments.I contacted the guy but he never responded...

He's a liar. I don't know who the user is but I recently worked my way through some scans of Backstage fan club magazines from the 1988-91 period and Jon said that he liked performing The Soul Truth, but that they didn't record it in the studio. And I'm pretty certain that, after KTF, they didn't do it for upcoming albums either.

Rdkopper 06-10-2014 05:57 AM

The Soul Truth might be a tough one to get.

- It doesn't sound like a studio version exists
- I'm not sure if they recorded the Red Bank show
- I know of no other performance of that song.

This one might be tough to clean up due to the screaming girls throughout the entire song. I don't think that could be removed from a single track.... On the flip side, I tend to view those recordings as a moment in time. Screaming girls on top of a bad bootleg captures that moment for me so being that I have something, it's not a total loss for me.

Not the best song per say but Jon's vocal is enough to make me want it. Anything rare from '83 to '95 is enough to go crazy for.