Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

DestinationJovi 04-21-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1123620)

LOL! That was hilarious.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1123692)
"We've been through this before" makes it sound like rehab again.

That's exactly how I read it as well.

DaveK 04-21-2013 07:27 PM

it'd be a shame if richie has quit. i mean they never got to finish with this

Supersonic 04-21-2013 07:45 PM

Aloha !

Even Hitler won't go see the shows anymore if Richie's not there:

http://meemsy.com/v/8701

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

24Roses 04-21-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1123716)
It worries me that not even Tico and David know when Richie will be back, despite being in contact with him. This can't be rehab, because a patient knows how long it will take. The average rehab stay is 30 days.

When Richie was in rehab back in 2011, was he on twitter while he was in there or have a publicist tweet for him? This makes me think he is either not in rehab or already done by the time the Boston bombing happened.

CKatz 04-21-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24Roses (Post 1123745)
When Richie was in rehab back in 2011, was he on twitter while he was in there or have a publicist tweet for him? This makes me think he is either not in rehab or already done by the time the Boston bombing happened.

He didn't have twitter back then.

24Roses 04-21-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1123746)
He didn't have twitter back then.

Thanks. I guess we will just have to wait & see if Richie returns to the tour in May. If not, I except a statement from him.

dianeee 04-21-2013 08:51 PM

Why would Richies website post he is currrently touring and list the 23rd and 25th as upcoming dates??
Doesn't anyone think this means he'll be back??

nikos greece 04-21-2013 09:01 PM

i hope richie returns...many weeks passed and we are still guessing,speculating about whAT's going on...as a true die hard fan many things irritated me about the band but every time i saw them play i felt that positive energy, with richie gone its not the same...
i m done speculating...i hope richie is fine and he comes back really soon...the fact that jon has not spoken to him while tico has is an indication of how things are in the bj camp...
the fact that there is a live stream in thursday, with richie probably abscent is a disgrace...if there is a surprise return or anything i d be happy but it would look like they are taking advantage of the situation

DestinationJovi 04-21-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa71 (Post 1123592)
New Interview with Jon. Covers more the Richie issue

http://www.azcentral.com/thingstodo/...se-we-can.html

"We caught up with the singer Thursday, April 4 — two days after he learned that Bon Jovi guitarist Richie Sambora would not be joining him that night on stage or any other night for the duration of the tour." :shock:

bonjovi821 04-21-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianeee (Post 1123713)
Richies website say "Richie is currently on the road with Bon Jovi, touring the world in support of the band's new album What About Now, which recently debuted at #1. CLICK HERE FOR TOUR DATES AND TICKETS! "
And the tour dates include the 23rd and 25th.
Please don't tell me this is old information!!

I doubt that means he'll be back. They probably never fixed the tour dates on the website and it might be that after each show, it's automatically set to just disappear from the list of tour dates. I wouldn't read too much into that.

SadieLady 04-21-2013 09:21 PM

Three weeks is not exactly "many weeks." It was announced from the first statement that he would be gone this leg go the tour. Let's wait a couple of more weeks before having a total meltdown. Surely by then this thread will be up to 200 pages.

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 04-21-2013 09:32 PM

I just hate the general randomness and confusion regarding LEG or ENTIRE TOUR. Drives me insane :confused:

bjcrazycpa 04-21-2013 10:03 PM

From the AZCentral interview:

"Richie’s still the guitar player in the band until the day he says he’s not. We’ll always support him and whatever he’s going through."

That's straight from Jon, so sounds like unless Richie wants out.......

faith1985 04-21-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1123762)
From the AZCentral interview:

"Richie’s still the guitar player in the band until the day he says he’s not. We’ll always support him and whatever he’s going through."

That's straight from Jon, so sounds like unless Richie wants out.......

Cool, thanks for posting. I really believe that it is NOT about an argument between Jon and Richie!

ezearis 04-21-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1123608)
This was pretty interesting I thought:

"A: Well, from “Runaway” to the new record. I’d be hard pressed to be playing anything from the second album because I never thought much of it but from “Slippery,” “New Jersey,” “Keep the Faith.” I haven’t done anything off of “Bounce” in a while, which in all honesty was one of those records where I would have said, “Man, I think this record’s great, start to finish.” To tell you the truth, I’ve gotta go back and listen again to hear why I’m not doing some of those songs."

Yes Jon, you gotta go back and listen again to hear why you're not doing some of those songs. They're great.

MrNickel 04-21-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1123766)
Cool, thanks for posting. I really believe that it is NOT about an argument between Jon and Richie!

It really is the most vague and confusing situation ever. I suppose thats their intention.

faith1985 04-21-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1123771)
It really is the most vague and confusing situation ever. I suppose thats their intention.

I don't see it that way. They say it is personal and Jon said they are behind him (if it turns out to be a big lie on Jon's account, I would hate it but for now, why shouldn't I believe him? Personal means personal).

joloriquelme 04-21-2013 10:52 PM

After many days, and this latest interview, I'm starting to think that indeed is a personal issue.

In fact, I think that even Jon or the rest of the band doesn't what's going on with Richie.

Maybe he left because he received a news like "one of his latest 'girlfriends' was pregnant and their baby was born just the day he quit...".

Think about it. This kind of situation:

- Is a real emergency
- Isn't a illness, so no worry about it, and not need to cancel any tour
- Doesn't evidence relationship issues in the band, but Jon surpise (like he's saying it)
- Richie is MIA in the world, but non on rehab, on injuried, or sick
- Doesn't need Ava to be stressed (ergo, is 'tweeting' anyway)
- Promises a return soon to the band and the tour once this is resolved

Is a realy silly and stupid situation. But, even, is possible.

Cheers.

asok80 04-21-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianeee (Post 1123750)
Why would Richies website post he is currrently touring and list the 23rd and 25th as upcoming dates??
Doesn't anyone think this means he'll be back??

Nope that list has been auomatically updated during the tour

Becky 04-21-2013 11:04 PM

From the article with Jon:

We caught up with the singer Thursday, April 4 — two days after he learned that Bon Jovi guitarist Richie Sambora would not be joining him that night on stage or any other night for the duration of the tour.

It was done quite a while ago so that would explain why, at that point, he hadn't talked to Richie but Tico and Dave may have when their interview was done. I don't think there's any need to look at it like, "Things aren't good between Jon and Richie."

crashed 04-22-2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1123783)
From the article with Jon:

We caught up with the singer Thursday, April 4 — two days after he learned that Bon Jovi guitarist Richie Sambora would not be joining him that night on stage or any other night for the duration of the tour.

It was done quite a while ago so that would explain why, at that point, he hadn't talked to Richie but Tico and Dave may have when their interview was done. I don't think there's any need to look at it like, "Things aren't good between Jon and Richie."

I agree - everyone's trying to read too much into the simplest things.

nrm123 04-22-2013 12:23 AM

Maybe it's a close relative illness or he has found out some bad news. I wouldn't want everyone to know about something like that I don't think it's rehab

dianebonjovi 04-22-2013 12:24 AM

What was the reason Richie cancelled/missed some shows during his recent solo tour?

nrm123 04-22-2013 12:28 AM

Supposedly throat problems...wouldn't stop him from playing now

Captain_jovi 04-22-2013 12:41 AM

Supposed, yes. Actual: ticket sales.

Crushgen24/88 04-22-2013 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianebonjovi (Post 1123817)
What was the reason Richie cancelled/missed some shows during his recent solo tour?

The given reason was throat issues, the real reason was ticket sales.

crashed 04-22-2013 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1123825)

Haha though I got flamed on Facebook by a friend whose a Richie obsessive and her reason was he cancelled because of "the cock" Jon announcing the Bon Jovi tour.

JoviJovi 04-22-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1123830)
Haha though I got flamed on Facebook by a friend whose a Richie obsessive and her reason was he cancelled because of "the cock" Jon announcing the Bon Jovi tour.

Which makes no sense since the dates didn't conflict.

Sambo-Chris 04-22-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1123825)

throat was the reason for NY and Philly. For San Francisco no reason was said than circustances that Richie coudln't change. Whatever this means.

RonJovi 04-22-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambo-Chris (Post 1123932)
throat was the reason for NY and Philly. For San Francisco no reason was said than circustances that Richie coudln't change. Whatever this means.

Can't be low sales then - surely Richie could afford Rent-A-Crowd? Or is it the fact that Jon screwed him so badly for cash that Richie couldn't even afford to buy tickets to his own gig for people.

And that's why Richie walked out....

Sambo-Chris 04-22-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1123933)
Can't be low sales then - ...

I'm sure it was low sales. People who were in L.A. said that mainly friends and family and stuff like that were there and not many fans beside the Runanway-trip.

Captain_jovi 04-22-2013 06:03 PM

I really hope people aren't believing it was throat. He said it loud and clear in his "hacked tweets" what was going on.

RonJovi 04-22-2013 06:05 PM

Sorry I should have used a smiley...or made my post funny. :-)

It was never throat issues. Anyone who believes that is deluded and should be locked up.

MrNickel 04-22-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1123936)
I really hope people aren't believing it was throat. He said it loud and clear in his "hacked tweets" what was going on.

What was said in the tweets ?

Kryten2340 04-22-2013 09:11 PM

Is the Ellen show live or recorded tomorrow? It would be interesting to know what, if anything about Richie as this will be the only official comments from the horses mouth since it kicked off.

Mysterytrain 04-22-2013 09:12 PM

The Tweets contained some gibberish that was supposed to be a retort to people who were sending critical Tweets to him re: the cancelled shows.

Sambo-Chris 04-22-2013 09:30 PM

It probably was a mix of both. He already was sick in Europe but here the Shows were sold out so he made them. In US it was easier to cancel NY and Philly since it wasn't sold anyway. And the sickness let insurances pay for the loss. Just for San Francisco he didn't have this excuse anymore since it was some time later.

Becky 04-22-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kryten2340 (Post 1123967)
Is the Ellen show live or recorded tomorrow? It would be interesting to know what, if anything about Richie as this will be the only official comments from the horses mouth since it kicked off.

It would have been recorded last week sometime.

DestinationJovi 04-22-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1123987)
It would have been recorded last week sometime.

They recorded it today.

bonjovi90 04-22-2013 11:56 PM

If Richie will be absent from the European tour I wonder what Jon's going to do. When the problem first occured I thought someone mentioned Phil X would be available for, at maximum, 70 days until he's scheduled to play with his own band again. The European leg would last longer than that...will he go out and hire another one to play their songs?