Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Captain_jovi 05-23-2013 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1132434)
I wish I could be like this. I cant wrap my head around a Bon Jovi without Jon, Richie, Dave and Tico no matter how pissed I am at Richie. I would give a solo Jon a shot, I love Destination Anywhere, but if this is what it appears to be, Bon Jovi is done in my eyes. It was ok when there was hope ie would come back but I think that's completely gone now.

Yeah this. I'm not saying I support a Richie-less band, I'm saying I don't want him in a band he doesn't want to be in. We can't unknow the last few months so it'd be a weird experience giving a band a ton of money to see an act. I'd rather see Jon make albums few will care about but creatively fulfilling. Perhaps it's the minority viewpoint here but I liked Richie and Jon's recent solo works more so than WAN as a collective.

jessycardy 05-23-2013 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1132437)
Yeah this. I'm not saying I support a Richie-less band, I'm saying I don't want him in a band he doesn't want to be in. We can't unknow the last few months so it'd be a weird experience giving a band a ton of money to see an act. I'd rather see Jon make albums few will care about but creatively fulfilling. Perhaps it's the minority viewpoint here but I liked Richie and Jon's recent solo works more so than WAN as a collective.

I'm torn here. I want Bon Jovi. As in all of them. But I sure as hell don't want an act either. I guess I just really want the happy ending... you know, when the orchestra plays and Richie comes back to them? F**k. I'm way too emotional and stuff for this shit to be happening.

ezearis 05-23-2013 02:27 AM

Richie could stop all this crap by opening up his Facebook and writing a status saying:

"Hey guys, Richie Sambora here. I just wanted to tell you that I'm still a full member of Bon Jovi and that things between and Jon and I are just like they've always been. Don't believe the rumours because they're not true. I also wanted to thank my friend Jon for not speaking about my situation and ask you all to please respect my privacy, I know that might be hard but I swear this is a personal matter and I'll be back with the band".

Or the opposite. But just say something!

WillRunForChocolate 05-23-2013 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1132439)
Richie could stop all this crap by opening up his Facebook and writing a status saying:

"Hey guys, Richie Sambora here. I just wanted to tell you that I'm still a full member of Bon Jovi and that things between and Jon and I are just like they've always been. Don't believe the rumours because they're not true. I also wanted to thank my friend Jon for not speaking about my situation and ask you all to please respect my privacy, I know that might be hard but I swear this is a personal matter and I'll be back with the band".

I agree. Obviously Richie needs to hire you as his public relations representative!

jessycardy 05-23-2013 02:30 AM

Quote:

Yeah, THIS.

JoviJovi 05-23-2013 02:36 AM

Quote:

Yeah, with the unfolding events I think it would be the opposite but I agree. He has zero respect for fans

Mysterytrain 05-23-2013 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1132438)
I'm torn here. I want Bon Jovi. As in all of them. But I sure as hell don't want an act either. I guess I just really want the happy ending... you know, when the orchestra plays and Richie comes back to them? F**k. I'm way too emotional and stuff for this shit to be happening.

I feel the same. After this fallout --(if Richie's quotes are accurate, and I suspect they are) --then even if he were to come back to the band, the usual Jon-and-Richie-onstage-lovefest thing will probably be a sham (and yes, I am one of those people who always thought there was an element of reality to that) --or maybe they won't even bother to try the onstage chemistry thing at all.

Damage has been done all around. I would love a happy ending, too, but with fans' backlash over Richie's reason for leaving the tour (I'm guessing there will be one) --added to Jon's latest comments about Richie --it will be hard to summon goodwill at this point.

danfan 05-23-2013 02:51 AM

Maybe this will be a good thing for the band (and us). Mayne Jon will hire Phil X full time and he'll get some rock back into the band. I mean, come on guys, it's been said a few times already. Richie's been phoning it in now for quite some time. He looks like shit, and quite often, plays like shit.

To me, it all comes down to respect for the fans, of which Richie clearly has none. I'm as harsh a critic of Jon as anyone, but it isn't Jon who got up and decided to quit the tour after he committed to it. It's simple - Jon is a workaholic, and regardless of whether we all agree with it, he likes doing what he does. Apparently, Richie no longer does. Screw him. This has been going on too long with no answers for me to possibly respect the man anymore. The only thing worse than Richie's silence are his tweets, which are bordering on obnoxious and outright disrespectful to the fans that have supported him all these years.

WillRunForChocolate 05-23-2013 02:56 AM

Ok, this drama just has to stop. I'm supposed to be working out and instead I'm reading message boards for the thousandth time today :( If I get fat I will blame Sambongo!

Captmorgs 05-23-2013 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1132447)
Maybe this will be a good thing for the band (and us). Mayne Jon will hire Phil X full time and he'll get some rock back into the band. I mean, come on guys, it's been said a few times already. Richie's been phoning it in now for quite some time. He looks like shit, and quite often, plays like shit.

To me, it all comes down to respect for the fans, of which Richie clearly has none. I'm as harsh a critic of Jon as anyone, but it isn't Jon who got up and decided to quit the tour after he committed to it. It's simple - Jon is a workaholic, and regardless of whether we all agree with it, he likes doing what he does. Apparently, Richie no longer does. Screw him. This has been going on too long with no answers for me to possibly respect the man anymore. The only thing worse than Richie's silence are his tweets, which are bordering on obnoxious and outright disrespectful to the fans that have supported him all these years.

I'm trying to talk myself into this too (maybe things will be better with Phil). Not quite there yet . . .