Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora!!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70391)

Alphavictim 10-05-2020 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1268829)
Very few bands do world tours with so many dates in such a short time.

What? That is one work day every three days.

Captain_jovi 10-05-2020 04:06 PM

There's a big difference between "too many dates, it might burn me out" and "my health is in jeopardy, I can't be on the road" as well.

Thinny 10-05-2020 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1268831)

Even when you're on tour, you're days off are not days off. A lot of time bands have press to do on days off. And being in a hotel isn't the same as being at home. And a lot of that time is also spent travelling which is also very tiring....it's a different world being on the road. I've never been out for more than a couple of weeks at a time and I always come back exhausted. It also gets more difficult the older you get. It's tough and I couldn't do it full time.

rolo_tomachi 10-05-2020 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1268830)
That implies Richie was still having problems with drugs and alcohol though. Or are you implying if he's on the road he's more likely to relapse?

What I'm trying to say is that even a healed and clean ex-alcoholic with more will to fight that shit can have a relapse with that agenda, because it was insane.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1268831)

You forget all those rehearsals, soundcheks, promotion in each country, interviews, and a lot of obligations that you have to assume.

Add that Richie does not have a settled family like the other members of the band, so it makes it harder, since he will feel even more alone throughout the trip.

Now you can trivialize everything telling me an any ordinary job as an example, but being on a tour with Bon Jovi I don't think it's the same kind of pressure as signg from 9 to 5.

WAN Tour should have been the beginning of a tour with long breaks, as there were indications in the last two tours, that things were not going well, but I guess having the highest grossing tour of the billboard and having in mind buying a football team was more important.

Captain_jovi 10-05-2020 04:50 PM

I know we don't know what happened and likely never will but because Richie doesn't have a settled family the tour should have been shorter.....good lord. You're trying so hard to hypothesise reasons of why he's a baby bird who shouldn't have his nest shaken. "since he will feel even more alone throughout the trip." The glasses are just so Richie-Red I'm struggling to come close to seeing it like this.

rolo_tomachi 10-05-2020 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1268841)
I know we don't know what happened and likely never will but because Richie doesn't have a settled family the tour should have been shorter.....good lord. You're trying so hard to hypothesise reasons of why he's a baby bird who shouldn't have his nest shaken. "since he will feel even more alone throughout the trip." The glasses are just so Richie-Red I'm struggling to come close to seeing it like this.

You have to see all the reasons, not just one, "Richie left all the fans abandoned so I hate him forever, or until he apologizes".

Captain_jovi 10-05-2020 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1268842)
You have to see all the reasons, not just one, "Richie left all the fans abandoned so I hate him forever, or until he apologizes".

But I'm not. I don't hate him in the least. I'm just struggling to find the middle ground. I don't feel the need to say he was back on drugs and abandoned the band just like I don't need to paint him as someone who should be coddled because he had a hard life and can't be on the road for long periods.

I fall into the "the tour shouldn't haven't happened, the band wasn't ready, the album needed more work but the band shouldn't have signed on either" camp.

cqleonardo 10-05-2020 06:11 PM

so... this is some kinda of "shade"
https://i.imgur.com/MeUW8Vf.png

Johny 10-05-2020 11:08 PM

The main point is that we don't a lot, it's all just theories. There could have been things that weren't fulfilled from Jon's side, for example a spot for his solo song every show but it was onthe contrary he didn't sing at all after 10 years doing so (minus a prt of HaND tour).

I hate him for leaving, because I was in a Richie-hype after his solo album which I love and after a stunning solo concert in Munich. Plus they were supposed to play in my country, in my hometown after 20 years and for the second time. I can accept that he acted selfishly and the blame is all on his side. However I think there were more things happening and one led to another. We all know marriages when one of them breaks it for studpid reasons for all the observes from outside, even after 30 years. Shit like that happens :(

† ÀžžÀ † 10-06-2020 10:10 AM

Has anyone ever considered the possibility that Richie never quite but, having missed a show, was prevented from coming back? :rolleyes:

Faceman 10-06-2020 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1268838)
What I'm trying to say is that even a healed and clean ex-alcoholic with more will to fight that shit can have a relapse with that agenda, because it was insane.

Some of your points might be valid but it still doesn't justify to walk off that tour overnight.
Let's pretend Richie had life-threatening problems and leaving the tour was the only way to survive. Why not talking to the band, putting on a press release and leaving the tour well planned after the leg?
That would have preserved all opportunities: Richie's return during the tour, Richie's return for the following album or even staying out of the band forever. That way nobody would have lost his face.

But the way he did it all that trouble was inevitable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1268838)
Add that Richie does not have a settled family like the other members of the band, so it makes it harder, since he will feel even more alone throughout the trip.

Wouldn't that make it harder all alone at home? :confused:

Xavi 10-06-2020 02:39 PM

Take a look on what Richie has just retweet on his Twitter account.....

kleman 10-06-2020 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1268925)

What did he wrote ?

rolo_tomachi 10-06-2020 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavi (Post 1268925)

Now that Jon has moved the hornet's nest, we'll see where this soap opera ends. Jon has certainly not turned the page.

I hope that if this fight is rekindled, they will speak up, and maybe they will settle their differences.

Thinny 10-06-2020 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kleman (Post 1268926)
What did he wrote ?

He didn't write anything but he retweeted this from "Jen".

"I’ve been to many Bon Jovi concerts and i can say my friends and i were not going to see Jon, its always been a love affair with Richie, he is the $ maker for Bon Jovi, sorry Jon great teeth but Richie is the real deal. @TheRealSambora"

Which was a reply to Megyn's tweet someone posted earlier.

I think there will come a time where Richie snaps back, if the comments from Jon continue. Either way it's not going to end well. No reunion anytime soon that's for sure...!

Captain_jovi 10-06-2020 03:35 PM

I'd really love it if he said something. Set some record straight. Not through a blogger or a news source. I know he's above dirty laundry but say SOMETHING.

cqleonardo 10-06-2020 03:37 PM

things are escalating

Thinny 10-06-2020 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1268933)
I'd really love it if he said something. Set some record straight. Not through a blogger or a news source. I know he's above dirty laundry but say SOMETHING.

I think he should. But I fear that there may be some kind of legal document which prevents him from saying much. I can only imagine what kind of lawers that the band have....

Captain_jovi 10-06-2020 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1268935)
I think he should. But I fear that there may be some kind of legal document which prevents him from saying much. I can only imagine what kind of lawers that the band have....

I figured nothing was said due to eventually him coming back but with the ties cut and his publishing rights gone, unless he has an NDA I feel like he is well within his rights to tell Jon to stop talking shit if its not true.

JackieBlue 10-06-2020 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1268936)
I figured nothing was said due to eventually him coming back but with the ties cut and his publishing rights gone, unless he has an NDA I feel like he is well within his rights to tell Jon to stop talking shit if its not true.

I have a friend that dated somebody who worked for one of Bon Jovi's promoters; and she had to sign a BJM NDA. So I don't think anybody that works with BJ gets out alive without an NDA.

jovifan85 10-06-2020 09:56 PM

Take this with a pinch of salt, they are Newspapers!:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-together.html

I wish Richie would speak publically and end all the rumours, unless has a NDA, but still just end the rumours once and for all!

P.S. Still hope RS will be back on the Final Bon Jovi record, even if it's for the fans, can't see him not turning down the chance for the fans, that he loves. Jon, Tico and David won't stop that, even if the atmosphere between them is cold, but it will be for the fans, unless they say OK, let's just put what happened in the past? here's hopeing......

rolo_tomachi 10-06-2020 10:35 PM

And here we go again, seven years later.

Thinny 10-06-2020 10:40 PM

Kinda thinking Jon knew what he was doing when he made that comment now. Any press is good press, especially when your album is out this week. Certainly seems to get getting more traction than anything actually about the album...

rolo_tomachi 10-07-2020 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1268972)
Kinda thinking Jon knew what he was doing when he made that comment now. Any press is good press, especially when your album is out this week. Certainly seems to get getting more traction than anything actually about the album...

I do not think so. Jon can't help but bring out his ego, and have the urge to say that he's better than everyone else.

Hope this is resolved. I just found out that Eddie Van Halen is dead. :(

Captain.Crash 10-07-2020 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1268976)
I do not think so. Jon can't help but bring out his ego, and have the urge to say that he's better than everyone else.

Hope this is resolved. I just found out that Eddie Van Halen is dead. :(

To be fair it took 7 years for him to deviate from "nothing happened, he just didn't show up for work one day".

richiefan95 10-07-2020 09:08 AM

Now that Jon brought back the Richie leaving stuff Richie is in a great position to promote his album. If he wants he could talk about a lot of things and get a lot of publicity. But I don't think he is the type for that and has the need to be in the media like Jon does.

Alphavictim 10-07-2020 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan85 (Post 1268963)
Take this with a pinch of salt, they are Newspapers!:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-together.html

I wish Richie would speak publically and end all the rumours, unless has a NDA, but still just end the rumours once and for all!

P.S. Still hope RS will be back on the Final Bon Jovi record, even if it's for the fans, can't see him not turning down the chance for the fans, that he loves. Jon, Tico and David won't stop that, even if the atmosphere between them is cold, but it will be for the fans, unless they say OK, let's just put what happened in the past? here's hopeing......

"YouTube channel Rock Antenne". It's a radio station.

Also:
"At the time, Bon Jovi, 50, hinted that Sambora may have quit their then world tour because of the same reason he quit in 2011, when he missed dates to go into rehab for alcohol abuse."

50? Is this supposed to indicate how old JBJ was when he said it?

But yeah... these two should get a room. Richie, too, because I'm not buying his whole line of reasoning. Something clearly happened atfer his exit.

Faceman 10-07-2020 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1268989)
But yeah... these two should get a room. Richie, too, because I'm not buying his whole line of reasoning. Something clearly happened atfer his exit.

I'm convinced, that something happened before AND after his exit.
It doesn't make his leaving overnight better but I still think there has to have been (is that the right tense? :D) some kind of argument before.

rolo_tomachi 10-07-2020 02:25 PM

https://fotos.subefotos.com/970cb73b...738d94822o.jpg

JoviForever 10-07-2020 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1268972)

The comment about Bono is getting more media attention than anything. I think Jon should avoid Irish politics as it’s very complicated and best not to go there!

Thinny 10-07-2020 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviForever (Post 1269054)
The comment about Bono is getting more media attention than anything. I think Jon should avoid Irish politics as it’s very complicated and best not to go there!

Yes, I saw that this morning, although it mainley seems that it's the irish press really running with it, understandably...

Butters 10-07-2020 07:49 PM

I'm Irish and it did get some attention over here; mainly internet stuff. It's all a bit embarrassing as he comes across as a stereotypical ignorant American who doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

bonjovi90 10-07-2020 08:19 PM

What was the comment about Bono? Must've missed it. And was the comment by Jon or Richie?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

jon-flp 10-07-2020 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1269060)
What was the comment about Bono? Must've missed it. And was the comment by Jon or Richie?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

"Jon Bon Jovi on Armchair Podcast speaking about how his upbringing was different to Bono "I didn't have Orangemen walking through his neighborhood saying get the Catholic kid and beat him up"

https://twitter.com/daveleahy/status...976927747?s=20

angelsambo 10-08-2020 01:42 PM

Richie Sambora Has 'No Regrets' About Leaving Bon Jovi to Care for Daughter Ava, Who Just Turned 23

https://people.com/music/richie-samb...23rd-birthday/

rolo_tomachi 10-08-2020 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1269076)
Richie Sambora Has 'No Regrets' About Leaving Bon Jovi to Care for Daughter Ava, Who Just Turned 23

Well, it seems that Richie doesn't want to move the hornet's nest like Jon, and just gets on with his life.

Dave88 10-08-2020 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon-flp (Post 1269061)
"Jon Bon Jovi on Armchair Podcast speaking about how his upbringing was different to Bono "I didn't have Orangemen walking through his neighborhood saying get the Catholic kid and beat him up"

https://twitter.com/daveleahy/status...976927747?s=20

Wait what?

Jon has to take some serious history and geography lessons before the next European Tour [emoji2357]

Not to mention Bono wasn't even raised as a Catholic

JoviForever 10-08-2020 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1269076)

That’s all from a “source”!🙄

Captain_jovi 10-08-2020 05:09 PM

Richie taking the high road here is cool to see. Still want him to speak up but good on him for not playing Jon's game.

JoviForever 10-08-2020 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1269096)
Richie taking the high road here is cool to see. Still want him to speak up but good on him for not playing Jon's game.

How do we know this has come from Richie?!