Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

PatriciaSambora 05-23-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1132504)
@robfuz: Do me a favor, if you don't like what I have to post or say please don't follow me or like my Facebook page. I did some house cleaning 2day

@robfuz: @blazeofglory2 - I welcomed back a friend who was on vacation for 3 weeks Not Richie -People come on! It was NOTHING, Move on, Get Over it!

Then he shouldn't have 'liked' the comment asking it if he was referring to Richie. He should've said right then this is about a non Bon Jovi related friend retuning from vacation. Why string people along for 12hrs other than just to wind people up. :rolleyes:

We the fans should ignore all these people, Rob, Obie, Jon, Matt and Richie too and live our lifes and if they want settle this shit.. Great if not and Richie is not coming back in the future and spends his time in that clothing line and don't think about all those fans he has all over the world.. Good for him.. I'm tired no one is having respect for the people who has made who they are now THE FANS

Jonty 05-23-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1132478)
'My opinion is Jon wants to see if he can pull off stadiums by himself. He is making it very difficult for me to come back.'

That sentence is the one I can't quite understand. Its like he's saying Jon put him off the tour to do it by himself, when we were led to believe it was Richie that bailed.

Berlin being an example that Jon cannot do it on his own in a stadium!! Oh, thats right, they have moved it!!

Crushgen24/88 05-23-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonty (Post 1132543)
Berlin being an example that Jon cannot do it on his own in a stadium!! Oh, thats right, they have moved it!!

Yeah, cause they wouldn't have had to move if Richie was there?
Let's be real here.

Living_on_my_Hair 05-23-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1132544)
Let's be real here.

Agreed, I think many people on here are vastly over exaggerating Richie's draw to the band.
Yes he has fans, but for one to not attend a Bon Jovi show purely because of his absence you're talking only the real diehards here, and you can get an idea of how many he has by looking at the attendance figures for his solo tour.

Even in the impossible scenario that every one of those fans who went to Shepards Bush last year (or use any other example from that tour) refuse to go to any UK Bon Jovi dates because of his absence, this is totally insignificant to the bigger picture. What's several hundred or even a thousand or so fewer tickets, compared to the 30-50,000 in a stadium? You'll get a bunch of vocal Sambora fans maybe kicking up a stink online or something, but it will have zero impact on the tour which, as we all know, is playing to audiences consisting of 95% casual fans, who probably didn't even know Richie was absent in the first place because they don't follow the band online like we all do.

Andi

Beaky 05-23-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair (Post 1132545)
Agreed, I think many people on here are vastly over exaggerating Richie's draw to the band.
Yes he has fans, but for one to not attend a Bon Jovi show purely because of his absence you're talking only the real diehards here, and you can get an idea of how many he has by looking at the attendance figures for his solo tour.

Even in the impossible scenario that every one of those fans who went to Shepards Bush last year (or use any other example from that tour) refuse to go to any UK Bon Jovi dates because of his absence, this is totally insignificant to the bigger picture. What's several hundred or even a thousand or so fewer tickets, compared to the 30-50,000 in a stadium? You'll get a bunch of vocal Sambora fans maybe kicking up a stink online or something, but it will have zero impact on the tour which, as we all know, is playing to audiences consisting of 95% casual fans, who probably didn't even know Richie was absent in the first place because they don't follow the band online like we all do.

Andi

I think Jon has underestimated the draw of the band as a whole. But we'll never know if this drop off is due to Richie, the fact that the album is a stinker or the poor tour reviews.

samboraisgodUK 05-23-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1132547)
I think Jon has underestimated the draw of the band as a whole. But we'll never know if this drop off is due to Richie, the fact that the album is a stinker or the poor tour reviews.

Wouldn't you say those two are linked though? I haven't been to any shows yet so of course I can't say that for certain, but from what I've seen it certainly seems that way.

Jonty 05-23-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1132544)
Let's be real here.

I was being saracstic as I laughed a lot regarding that part of the article!

Jonty 05-23-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1132547)

or the costs and over satuation of them touring all the time!!

Lisa71 05-23-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair (Post 1132545)

Andi

I agree and also how many refunds are they getting? Out of a stadium audience, how many have asked for a refund? The tour was having poor ticket sales way before the Richie situation, it's got nothing to do with that. The first big test was the Australian shows and Melbourne first show sold out, they have annouced a second show. All the other shows are selling. From what I know, Richie's not being there, doesn't seem to have affected the tickets.

Lisa71 05-23-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainsong (Post 1132535)
How is jon guilty in this?? Up until the afternoon of the Calgary show, everyone in the band, including Richie himself by his own tweet expected Richie to be on stage in Calgary.
For the 10 days prior to Calgary, both Richie and Jon were on vacations with their families, so they hadn't been together so when did they have a fight???

Jon is a planner, and if he thought for one second on the prior leg of the tour that Richie was having drinking or drug issues, or if there was a simmering dispute going on between them, then when that plane left NJ the night before Calgary Phil would have already been on it, not scrambling to get to Calgary on show night.

Jon tried the refusal thing in the beginning of all this with the "it's a personal matter" and yet everyone kept asking him and asking him. The man can't win. If he says nothing he's an arrogant asshole, and if he tries to say hey he didn't come you have to ask him he's a dick not respecting Richies privacy.

You have a point here. If there was a fight or a chance for Richie bailing from the tour, they would have had Phil on standby. Judging from the first show where Richie didn't turn up, it caught everyone off guard. So much off guard that Bobby was the lead guitarist! Phil wasn't even there and had to be called in. He even made that joke about answering the bat call every 2 years.
There doesn't seem to have been a build up or fighting or Richie making threats.