Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

CKatz 05-23-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1132579)
Jon won't forgive Richie now. The negative publicity, the ticket sales issues etc... Richie's hissy fit has given Jon a convenient peg to hang the downfall of the band on...

They both won't be able to forgive each other. Too much damage, no communication. I think it's too late to heal the wounds.

bonjovi90 05-23-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieShipley (Post 1132578)
Are you serious? No Tico on WAN? Where is this from?

Tico only denied to come in and play on demos for the album in late 2007. He played his parts on the album.

Savvi 05-23-2013 01:21 PM

It gets to a point where there is nothing left to say. We are all just rambling now.

Matt needs to be put on a leash. I can't believe how unprofessional he has been with all of this. He could be a nice guy in person, but he's been nothing but a joke this past month.

The Rock 05-23-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1132581)
They both won't be able to forgive each other. Too much damage, no communication. I think it's too late to heal the wounds.

At the end of the New Jersey tour, no one was talking to each other but that passed. Im not saying that will happen again, they are older, different priorities now, families but I don't think its come to the point of no turning back. They just definitely need a break.

Irakli 05-23-2013 01:33 PM

I've watched tons of videos and was at the San Jose show. This tour is a good Jon Bon Jovi solo tour, if even. I would have preferred if they did a song or two from one of his solo albums (blaze does not count). That would at least make the shows somewhat more interesting. However, in reality, as people have pointed out, 95% of the audience does not care/notice nor do they want to hear anything but the hits. The stuff from WAN, except for maybe water, sounds weak. I mean come on, Amen?, that's just a Hallelejuah wannabe. At least play the fighter, these two hands, or what's left of me. I think they played what's left of me just a handful of times although, in my opinion, it's probably the strongest songs on the new album.

Glad to see they have someone competent like Phil X filling in. Anymore repeats of puerto rico or calgary would be a disaster.

I must admit, the band has been pretty boring in the last few years and this Richie thing has made things interesting. I hope Richie comes back soon. If not, the band should go on a hiatus.

I would love to hear more Richie solo stuff and even more Jon solo stuff. We don't need another WAN/Circle :shock:

danfan 05-23-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1132571)
My sentiments exactly:( The end should have come with Jon, Richie, David and Tico. Those four guys (with Alec) started this thing, those four guys end it. I'm pass the point of blame and whose at fault but it wasn't suppose to end like this.

Actually, it started with Dave Sabo, not Richie.

nikos greece 05-23-2013 01:42 PM

they always were a hard working,trustworthy band now richie destroyed that forever...
after all this time i still feel that richie isnt the only one to be blamed, i dont know but i think if he was handing things differently many of us would be way more sympathetic over him...
i cant STAND the way jon keeps on saying noone fired him...who do you think you are mr ceo to fire your bandmate???...if someone quits or doesnt want to be in the band the band call its quits...how could jon fire richie???ok he is the leader, he is signed with the band but he cant fire him...he would be nothing without him...the same goes for richie as well...
the comment jon made about edge is a disgrace, i dont care how furtsrated he is...he should apologise to richie...cheap shot...and maybe jon wants to prove the show is still as good but its not...richies voice and guitar playing is unique...
i admire the edge for what he is but there are thousand guitar players who could play his part like philx is doing in bj...they would sound like a u2 cover band like bj sound right now...a players magic is what he comes up with, the notes/effects/delays/reverbs can be easily duplicated...jon shouldnt have said sth like that...
jon is obviously smarter than richie is...i realised long ago richie isnt exactly the happy goofy guy he wants to appear...jon should be the bigger man here since he is the leader of the band afterall...
sad news...i still secretely hope for a triumphant return...o2-anyotherday wise...

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 05-23-2013 02:12 PM

My one show is tomorrow.... and I'm just so sick of all this now... Frankly, we still don't know zip all.

samboraisgodUK 05-23-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1132591)
Actually, it started with Dave Sabo, not Richie.

Pedantic much? That's almost like saying Queen really started as Smile with Tim Staffell singing instead of Freddie.

Jonty 05-23-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1132567)
"For sure I'd like to still be earning more money..."
Good to see you got your priorities straight, Jon. :rolleyes:
Who cares about making good quality music, as long as you can tour and make more cash!
I think Richie leaving the tour/band is a blessing in disguise.

work for the working man Jon!!!

Still, the band is breaking up so his lyrics in 'Whats Left in me' are very apt!