Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Beaky 04-23-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1124122)
Sorry, I haven't read your other "ideas" :D. But it sounds interesting indeed, I should go back and read them (and get drunk before that).

You think you need to be drunk before you read what I write... you should hear me sing...

If you don't have the time to re-read the thread, I have it on very good authority that a spec script has been commissioned and a movie of this thread is in the offing... Downey Jr in talks to play Ron Jovi...

Beaky 04-23-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1124125)
Not true. Jon has said numerous times that he fired Alec. He's said Alec will never be officially replaced, but he definitely does not say Alec is still the bass player. :rolleyes:

Phew. So all is well then. Great, thanks.

Was that really worth the rolling of the eyes?

jovigirloz 04-23-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1124083)
For what it's worth, re: the Ellen Show segment, someone on the Topix forums wrote:

Alec is still a member too. Jons body language shows he is lying.

jon has pretty much given the story on Richie and people who weren't around in 1995 won't see the writing on the wall but some of us do. The language jon is using is the same, the removal of richie from banners outside the venue (NOT the t-shirts before anyone shouts at me)...it has all been done before with Alec. Richie is gone and won't be back any time soon. Bon Jovi is now a 3 man band.

that was 2 different posts by 2 different people.
I agree with the first line about Alec. Has Richie really been removed off the banners?

Becky 04-23-2013 11:32 PM

Oh, touch the winky! Richie touched Jon's winky at one of the Christmas shows in 1994. They had just played or were about to play Please Come Home for Christmas (which had the steamy video with Cindy Crawford) and Richie went over to Jon, touched his winky and said, "Down boy." What's a little winky touching between friends, anyway?

Here's some speculation: this is Richie's way of saying F.U. to the North American fans who didn't buy his album or tickets to his solo shows.

jovigirloz 04-23-2013 11:41 PM

this thread changes direction so fast I am getting whiplash ;)

faith1985 04-23-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1124135)
You think you need to be drunk before you read what I write... you should hear me sing...

If you don't have the time to re-read the thread, I have it on very good authority that a spec script has been commissioned and a movie of this thread is in the offing... Downey Jr in talks to play Ron Jovi...

Sorry, I don't do hard drugs...
If Downey Jr is in for Ron Jovi, are you being played by Mother Teresa If she were still alive :D?

idbl_fanatic 04-24-2013 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovigirloz (Post 1124139)
Has Richie really been removed off the banners?

I won't know until Thurs.

DestinationJovi 04-24-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1124137)
Phew. So all is well then. Great, thanks.

Was that really worth the rolling of the eyes?

It was an absurd statement and comparison, so yes. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

RonJovi 04-24-2013 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1124148)
Sorry, I don't do hard drugs...
If Downey Jr is in for Ron Jovi, are you being played by Mother Teresa If she were still alive :D?

Downey Jr is out. Director decided he didn't have the look to pull it off.

Shane McGowan is now hotly tipped for the role.

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 04-24-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1124157)
Downey Jr is out. Director decided he didn't have the look to pull it off.

Shane McGowan is now hotly tipped for the role.

Good choice, however did Shane manage to keep his teeth after he fixed them?

RonJovi 04-24-2013 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linnea.cfc32_jovibandana (Post 1124161)
Good choice, however did Shane manage to keep his teeth after he fixed them?

Nope but he doesn't need them for this role. :-)

Latest is that Richard Wilson and Larry David in competition to play Beaky given they both have experience of playing cantankerous grumps.

Lassie is odds on to play Richie's dog.

Jayster 04-24-2013 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1124063)
Can't believe people already forgot about him.

http://i.imgur.com/B7bERLI.jpg

He actually has a pug. Seriously.

He posted a photo of it on twitter a few months ago.

I, on the other hand, have a German Shepherd. A real dog.

JoviJovi 04-24-2013 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovigirloz (Post 1124139)
that was 2 different posts by 2 different people.
I agree with the first line about Alec. Has Richie really been removed off the banners?

I saw a photo where he was removed, I believe it was for Los Angeles but am not positive about that.

Alphavictim 04-24-2013 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1124033)
That's really interesting. I'm a massive Richie fan - loved his solo show and I think he's an incredible performer. But I'm SOOOOOO bored with Bon Jovi that the only reason I'd go to see them would be Phil X. I don't have a ticket, but will get at least one if Richie doesn't come back :D

I'll gladly sell you my ticket for Vienna if Richie sits out the EU tour as well!

JoviJovi 04-24-2013 05:26 AM

I don't remember seeing this theory talked about pretty much anywhere, but in Star magazine (trashy tabloid in the US), there was a recent blurb that said the rumor was that Jons oldest son bears a striking resemblance to Richie and this has caused the falling out. I thought you all may enjoy that one.

Mysterytrain 04-24-2013 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1124212)
I don't remember seeing this theory talked about pretty much anywhere, but in Star magazine (trashy tabloid in the US), there was a recent blurb that said the rumor was that Jons oldest son bears a striking resemblance to Richie and this has caused the falling out. I thought you all may enjoy that one.

Loooool!!! I hadn't heard that one, so I had to take a look! I found this (and check out the comments that follow): http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-St-Barts.html

Actually, Jesse looks very much like his mom, but I do see a passing resemblance to Richie, as well. Weird.

JoviJovi 04-24-2013 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1124227)
Loooool!!! I hadn't heard that one, so I had to take a look! I found this (and check out the comments that follow): http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-St-Barts.html

Actually, Jesse looks very much like his mom, but I do see a passing resemblance to Richie, as well. Weird.

That's too funny since that is the exact picture Star used for their blurb :)

Beaky 04-24-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1124153)
It was an absurd statement and comparison, so yes. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So, me saying that Alec is still Bon Jovi's bass player is an absurd statement... on THIS thread? You're just a bit sensitive when people talk about Jon aren't you... c'mon, admit it.

Especially considering Alec was and is Bon Jovi's only official bass player... so it's not a million miles away from saying Richie is Bon Jovi's guitarist, is it. That's not a question, it's fact and certainly not absurd.

Panda 04-24-2013 08:30 AM

Hugh>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Alec

Crushgen24/88 04-24-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1124237)
Especially considering Alec was and is Bon Jovi's only official bass player... so it's not a million miles away from saying Richie is Bon Jovi's guitarist, is it. That's not a question, it's fact and certainly not absurd.

First off, the fact that Huey has never been made official is one of the biggest crocks of shit ever. Beyond that, saying "Alec will never be officially replaced." is quite different than "Richie is our guitar player." Not sure how anyone can say different TBH. Also, Alec isn't the official bass player, he was the official bass player. The band doesn't have an official bass player.

Beaky 04-24-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1124239)
First off, the fact that Huey has never been made official is one of the biggest crocks of shit ever. Beyond that, saying "Alec will never be officially replaced." is quite different than "Richie is our guitar player." Not sure how anyone can say different TBH. Also, Alec isn't the official bass player, he was the official bass player. The band doesn't have an official bass player.

I am not scare-mongering, I've been really measured on this thread and this is the first time I've even thought it was anything other than Richie having a wobble. I thought that the solitude of life on the road was just getting too tempting for him. However, seeing Jon on Ellen is the first time I have really thought that maybe, just maybe, this is actually about him and Richie and 'personal issues' is right... between them.

Sorry, I just don't see it as that much of a stretch. You're just being ultra-defensive of your band. The fact that the band 'doesn't have any official bass player' is indeed, a crock of shit. Jon and Alec fell out, Jon fired him and then played the 'Alec will always be the only official bass player in Bon Jovi' card, to retain the whole 'brotherhood' stuff. The only reason we know they fell out and it didn't just play out as him leaving for 'personal reasons' is because Alec wouldn't play ball and spilled his guts to RAW or KERRANG or whoever. I'm sorry, this doesn't feel that different, it's just Richie hasn't done an exclusive.

From, 'Richie is still Bon Jovi's guitarst' to 'Richie will always be Bon Jovi's guitarist'. I really, truly hope it's not the case but I can even see him saying in a year, 'the door is always open to Richie.' This just doesn't smell like rehab or a sick relative to me. It's doing too much damage to both parties for it to be 'simple'. If you really think that's me stretching, or blowing things out of proportion, fair enough. I honestly hope you're right. I've got two IOW tickets that depend on it.

Crushgen24/88 04-24-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1124244)
I am not scare-mongering, I've been really measured on this thread and this is the first time I've even thought it was anything other than Richie having a wobble. I thought that the solitude of life on the road was just getting too tempting for him. However, seeing Jon on Ellen is the first time I have really thought that maybe, just maybe, this is actually about him and Richie and 'personal issues' is right... between them.

Sorry, I just don't see it as that much of a stretch. You're just being ultra-defensive of your band. The fact that the band 'doesn't have any official bass player' is indeed, a crock of shit. Jon and Alec fell out, Jon fired him and then played the 'Alec will always be the only official bass player in Bon Jovi' card, to retain the whole 'brotherhood' stuff. The only reason we know they fell out and it didn't just play out as him leaving for 'personal reasons' is because Alec wouldn't play ball and spilled his guts to RAW or KERRANG or whoever. I'm sorry, this doesn't feel that different, it's just Richie hasn't done an exclusive.

From, 'Richie is still Bon Jovi's guitarst' to 'Richie will always be Bon Jovi's guitarist'. I really, truly hope it's not the case but I can even see him saying in a year, 'the door is always open to Richie.' This just doesn't smell like rehab or a sick relative to me. It's doing too much damage to both parties for it to be 'simple'. If you really think that's me stretching, or blowing things out of proportion, fair enough. I honestly hope you're right. I've got two IOW tickets that depend on it.

I'm not trying to be defensive, at all. (Quite honestly, I'm not in any mood to defend Bon Jovi right now) Richie may well be out of the band, for whatever reason, including him and Jon wanting to kill each other. (Though if that's the case , Richie and his PR team are making him look terrible by disappearing off the face of the Earth) But that doesn't change the fact that once Alec was gone, he was gone. Outside of the two-off appearance in 2001, he hasn't had anything to do with the band since he left. And if Richie leaves I think it'll be the same deal. No door still open, or etc. And of course there's no "official" bass player because of money, that's what I think is a crock. We all know Hugh has been Bon Jovi's real bass player since the start (more or less ) anyway.

jovifan93 04-24-2013 11:43 AM

Don't know if that's been posted before, but obviously Ava and Heather are doing just fine:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-premiere.html So whatever the personal reaons are, it's probably not related to them...

RonJovi 04-24-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1124257)
Don't know if that's been posted before, but obviously Ava and Heather are doing just fine:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-premiere.html So whatever the personal reaons are, it's probably not related to them...

I'm amazed Ava hasn't been tweeting about her newly-discovered long lost half brother. :-)

There was a poster here about 8 years ago who wrote some 'The Bongiovis' scripts ala 'The Osbournes'. They were tremendous and he/she has a real talent. I think this thread is made for that poster (can't remember who it was) to get back into it.

Alphavictim 04-24-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1124212)

"You're just a guest in this house, I make the money!" is probably a favorite at the dinner table then.

keeleyweeley74 04-24-2013 01:03 PM

Well its taken me 2 days (Whilst at work.....shhhhh don't tell anyone!) to read this thread, and you've all had me thouroughly entertained. If Hollywood ever runs out of script writers they should delve into this forum, and employ the lot of you. You're all fab! :multi:

jovigirloz 04-24-2013 02:46 PM

Just putting it out there but recent photos of Denise Richards, she is looking really thin and not well at all. Even though they broke up a while ago, are they still friends?

Lindy 04-24-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovigirloz (Post 1124271)
Just putting it out there but recent photos of Denise Richards, she is looking really thin and not well at all. Even though they broke up a while ago, are they still friends?

I saw those pics and she's always been thin but never that thin..wow! I believe they still remind friends after the breakup.

Kathleen 04-24-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1124258)
<snip>
There was a poster here about 8 years ago who wrote some 'The Bongiovis' scripts ala 'The Osbournes'. They were tremendous and he/she has a real talent. I think this thread is made for that poster (can't remember who it was) to get back into it.

I think her name here was Sambora Laura and she was incredible. I used to love reading her stuff. She also did a Who Killed Hugh thread. I wonder if any of it is still around? Yeah - here you go. This beats this thread all to hell IMO:

http://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=13466

Walkerboy 04-24-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1124286)
I think her name here was Sambora Laura and she was incredible. I used to love reading her stuff. She also did a Who Killed Hugh thread. I wonder if any of it is still around? Yeah - here you go. This beats this thread all to hell IMO:

Richie: (through a mouthful of BLT) apparently so. You still writing crap? Jon: Nope (opens the fridge to get a carton of Milk) Can't even write that anymore.

BAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!:lol!:

RonJovi 04-24-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1124286)

Ah thank you. Excellent stuff. She hasn't posted since 2004...shame that. She has a great talent.

† ÀžžÀ † 04-24-2013 06:24 PM

Make of this what you will but bear in mind I'm not in the habit of speculating/lying. I have a friend of mine who I meet at various concerts every year. She is a huge Bon Jovi fan (has seen them countless times and has met Jon and Richie) and knows a close associate of Phil X.

By all accounts everyone in the camp has been sworn to secrecy but the Richie situation is "a complete train wreck" and he won't be returning.

She herself has cried at the demise and I am shocked. Like I said, take it as you will but I am not trouble making ... Don't shoot the messenger! She is digging but even this friend is in the dark! I personally will abandon the European Tour this year.

Sambo-Chris 04-24-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by † ÀžžÀ † (Post 1124298)
Make of this what you will but bear in mind I'm not in the habit of speculating/lying. I have a friend of mine who I meet at various concerts every year. She is a huge Bon Jovi fan (has seen them countless times and has met Jon and Richie) and knows a close associate of Phil X.

By all accounts everyone in the camp has been sworn to secrecy but the Richie situation is "a complete train wreck" and he won't be returning.

She herself has cried at the demise and I am shocked. Like I said, take it as you will but I am not trouble making ... Don't shoot the messenger! She is digging but even this friend is in the dark! I personally will abandon the European Tour this year.

If this is true why don't they tell? I mean, we at least knew what's up then and could make plans with our travel and tickets. I would fine if he would leave Bon Jovi. No Problem. But they should at least let us know that we can sell our tickets or whatever.

DevilsSon 04-24-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambo-Chris (Post 1124299)
I would fine if he would leave Bon Jovi. No Problem. But they should at least let us know that we can sell our tickets or whatever.

Or buy tickets :D

Sambo-Chris 04-24-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1124300)
Or buy tickets :D

There are still tickets avaiable. Eventim published new GC tickets for all Shows.

DevilsSon 04-24-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambo-Chris (Post 1124302)
There are still tickets avaiable. Eventim published new GC tickets for all Shows.

Exactly. And I will only buy tickets if Phil X is playing so the quicker they confirm who is playing guitar on the European leg, the easier it will be to plan for a show or two.

Sambo-Chris 04-24-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1124304)
Exactly. And I will only buy tickets if Phil X is playing so the quicker they confirm who is playing guitar on the European leg, the easier it will be to plan for a show or two.

You can get mine then, even DC tickets.

Supersonic 04-24-2013 06:55 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambo-Chris (Post 1124305)

Awesome. Considering they'll be difficult to sell I'll take them of your hands for free.

On a serious note, I'm still glad I've only bought tickets for the 2 shows I attached a holiday to. There is no way I am seeing any other shows if Richie is there, but I honestly doubt how many people on here who have said the same will actually do so as well. I have no doubt Sambo will give them a miss though. :)

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

samboraisgodUK 04-24-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1124304)

Do you have something wrong with you?

DevilsSon 04-24-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambo-Chris (Post 1124305)

Really? Which shows are you doing?