Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Neurotica80 05-23-2013 09:14 PM

#davethesnakesabboIN

efiste2 05-23-2013 09:16 PM

Quote:

At least we can be thankful that he's def not giving up on the fashion.

:D LOL LOL LOL...........

jessycardy 05-23-2013 09:17 PM

I don't know what to say, think, feel anymore.

CKatz 05-23-2013 09:17 PM

At this point, nobody has to make a statement anymore. He never denied they are feuding or that he left the band. It's over. Done.

ben 05-23-2013 09:18 PM

This band gave a whole new meaning to "no one can save me, the damage is done."

MrNickel 05-23-2013 09:21 PM

I have always hated this tweet, more so now.

@TheRealSambora 3rd of May

Thanks 4 your notes & concerns. I'm doing ****ing great. This is a private matter but please know I love the band and you fans!

Iceman 05-23-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1132762)
If it doesn't take him away from the band, why the fcuk isn't he playing with them now? :mad:

I understand that as him saying that the fashion business is not the reason he's not with the band. There's something else wrong. And I'm beginning to think the first rumours about the money dispute between Richie and Jon are true.

I think it started with Wildflower and later Make A Memory. Jon chose someone else to play guitar on Wildflower (Bobby) and then again on MAM (Phil X). Plus he wanted MAM as the lead single, even though Richie didn't play on it. And since then there has been many songs written by Billy Falcon or other outside writers. And I'm guessing he's actually written a lot more of those songs than we think. So, less input from Richie, less money for Richie. And if the salaries for tours have gone down like rumoured, I'm sure Richie would've been pissed off.

Of course I'm just speculating, but it seems Jon's getting tired of Richie not coming out and telling the reasons and Richie's angry because Jon's airing their dirty laundry even though he's always said the opposite.

I don't know. But there must be a reason for all this. I'm not ready to lay the blame on either one just yet.

Ice

Kathleen 05-23-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 1132771)
I understand that as him saying that the fashion business is not the reason he's not with the band. There's something else wrong. And I'm beginning to think the first rumours about the money dispute between Richie and Jon are true.

I think it started with Wildflower and later Make A Memory. Jon chose someone else to play guitar on Wildflower (Bobby) and then again on MAM (Phil X). Plus he wanted MAM as the lead single, even though Richie didn't play on it. And since then there has been many songs written by Billy Falcon or other outside writers. And I'm guessing he's actually written a lot more of those songs than we think. So, less input from Richie, less money for Richie. And if the salaries for tours have gone down like rumoured, I'm sure Richie would've been pissed off.

Of course I'm just speculating, but it seems Jon's getting tired of Richie not coming out and telling the reasons and Richie's angry because Jon's airing their dirty laundry even though he's always said the opposite.

I don't know. But there must be a reason for all this. I'm not ready to lay the blame on either one just yet.

Ice

This makes just as much sense as some other scenarios that we have heard here. I agree that there must be a real reason for this - we all just wish we knew what it was. It's impossible to lay blame on what the original problem was since none of us really know. But I still blame Richie for bailing on the tour without notice (unless of course that isn't really what happened either).

Javier 05-23-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 1132771)

I think it started with Wildflower and later Make A Memory. Jon chose someone else to play guitar on Wildflower (Bobby) and then again on MAM (Phil X). Plus he wanted MAM as the lead single, even though Richie didn't play on it.

I could understand and believe this if it were about 'what do you got' or any of the songs on WAN, but there were videos of Richie playing in the studio with Dan Huff, and they even showed him playing the MAM "solo", so I can't say I buy this...

JordanRose 05-23-2013 09:35 PM

Some majorly unprofessional shit for a CEO and his employee to be doing in public.

Kinda reminds you that it's just a ****ing rock band with 2 old boys going through what every single lead singer/lead guitarist of any major band go through in some way at some point. Whether it's money; musical direction; spotlight sharing; personal dislike or some combination of the above, everyone's been through it from Mick and Keith, Tyler and Perry, Axl and Slash, Waters and Gilmour, Mel C and Posh Spice, Triple H and HBK, Leonardo and Raphael, Meatloaf and Jim, Elton and Bernie.....sorry, too many JDs.