Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2 Very Special Bon Jovi Projects (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68524)

steel_horse75 06-11-2014 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1177850)
Maybe actually unknown demos?

And don't get me wrong, I want to have these demos and I'm going to be the first to buy them when this gets released.

Maybe they are unknown for a reason? IE Sh1t.

Matrix15 06-11-2014 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zani (Post 1177854)
Are there TD demos which we don't know?

Could you share the music names list?

Tks.

I don't think there's many demos we don't know about but ive never heard a demo of these days, this ain't a love song, lie to me, etc. I imagine they must exist and some demos can be as good as the original eg the always demo

bonjovi90 06-11-2014 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrix15 (Post 1177864)
I don't think there's many demos we don't know about but ive never heard a demo of these days, this ain't a love song, lie to me, etc. I imagine they must exist and some demos can be as good as the original eg the always demo

That would interest me as well. The fact that they re-wrote Something For The Pain 11 times before making it to the final cut indicates that there's probably quite some stuff from the sessions in the vault (even though they probably didn't record the song at each stage).
Furthermore Jon stated in an interview in 1995 (when being asked about the delay of the album release + why Crossroad was put out inbetween) that they had recorded the intstruments etc. in a certain studio, but Jon came back and "trashed it all" because he didn't like the overall sound of the recording etc.
According to him they started from scratch again afterwards. I hope some of the stuff from those early stages is still stored somewhere.

Jay Jay 06-11-2014 02:22 PM

What about "A drinking song" from the These days sessions.

Captain_jovi 06-11-2014 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1177867)
That would interest me as well. The fact that they re-wrote Something For The Pain 11 times before making it to the final cut indicates that there's probably quite some stuff from the sessions in the vault (even though they probably didn't record the song at each stage).
Furthermore Jon stated in an interview in 1995 (when being asked about the delay of the album release + why Crossroad was put out inbetween) that they had recorded the intstruments etc. in a certain studio, but Jon came back and "trashed it all" because he didn't like the overall sound of the recording etc.
According to him they started from scratch again afterwards. I hope some of the stuff from those early stages is still stored somewhere.

I'm pretty sure those sessions gave us the original Bitter Wine and Prostitute. Maybe the other TD b-sides as well?

Lucas_Roli 06-11-2014 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Jay (Post 1177873)

Never heard of that.Where have you heard of it or do you have the song?

Rdkopper 06-11-2014 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1177875)
I'm pretty sure those sessions gave us the original Bitter Wine and Prostitute. Maybe the other TD b-sides as well?

Maybe Bitter Wine but the others No.

Those songs were recorded in a day, maybe even first takes only, on the last day of recording.

They were done specifically for b-sides and were never intended for the album.

Edit: I'm going to add a little to this. What made Always an ongoing hit was its single sales due to multiple releases of b-sides or aka maxi-singles. This was more of a record company trick to get someone to buy multiple singles of the same song and not just a Bon Jovi thing.

My belief is that those 5 songs (Wedding Day, When She Comes, Etc) would have never made it past the writing stage but due to the record co request, they were specifically recorded for the use of b-sides and maxi-singles.

Those times were fun because once you got through the album, the next single release would offer extra songs so you ran to the record store just as excited to hear the new music.

Rdkopper 06-11-2014 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zani (Post 1177854)
Are there TD demos which we don't know?

Could you share the music names list?

Tks.

If there are demos that we don't know, then we would know. lol :)

But no, I think all known titles have been released. With that said, it doesn't mean more songs don't exist. I didn't know that 75% of the box-set songs existed prior to its release.

Rdkopper 06-11-2014 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay Jay (Post 1177873)

I do remember something about this. Back in the day, the JBJ fan-club would send out all quarterly Fan-Zines. The one that came out after Crossroads, before These Days made mention to that drinking song. Can remember the title and don't even know if the song was ever released. It could have been Bitter Wine for all we know.

Thierry 06-11-2014 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1177880)
I do remember something about this. Back in the day, the JBJ fan-club would send out all quarterly Fan-Zines. The one that came out after Crossroads, before These Days made mention to that drinking song. Can remember the title and don't even know if the song was ever released. It could have been Bitter Wine for all we know.

That was later changed to This Ain't A Love Song.