Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

ticos_stick 05-23-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1132891)
Not to mention when he toured with a broken arm, he was going through a divorce, custody battle and his father dying of cancer. How quickly some forget.

I think the fact he tweeted that he was okay is making some people mad. They want to see him suffering to warrant him leaving the tour.

A strange breed indeed.

Crushgen24/88 05-23-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovigirloz (Post 1132897)
Exactly.
It is Jons greed, dragging them back on the road, new album (which is essentially a Jon solo album), that started the demise, and I think Richie just realized he had had enough of it. I am sure the band members told Jon they wanted a bigger break, but he refused to listen and he just assumed they would all tag along as they always have.

Unlike the end of the NJ era, this time it is not the record companies/promoters etc pulling the strings,it's CEO Jon.

Then he shouldn't have gone on the damn tour in the first place, hell I would have applauded him. But to quit in the middle of it, when tickets have been sold, trips booked, etc is as unprofessional and douche-like as one can get. He could have left after the last scheduled (at that time) leg ended.

Neurotica80 05-23-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovigirloz (Post 1132897)
Exactly.
It is Jons greed, dragging them back on the road, new album (which is essentially a Jon solo album), that started the demise, and I think Richie just realized he had had enough of it. I am sure the band members told Jon they wanted a bigger break, but he refused to listen and he just assumed they would all tag along as they always have.

Unlike the end of the NJ era, this time it is not the record companies/promoters etc pulling the strings,it's CEO Jon.

Typical Jon hater. "Dragging" them back on the road? Richie had a choice in the matter, he committed to the tour, whatever differences he had with Jon should have been resolved long before they got on the road.

Dicanio 05-23-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovigirloz (Post 1132879)
This just makes me sad and angry all at once.

After a mostly wonderful relationship with the band for over 20 years, it is like it has run it's course and I am hanging on, hoping things get better, but in my heart I know it's near the end and there is not a thing I can do about it :(

This is where my feelings are at too but after 27 years :(

CKatz 05-24-2013 12:00 AM

Some of you are letting your anger/grief/whatever over the band apperently breaking up go to your heads. Calm down and wait until you get all the facts. It's silly now to see the hysterics...

crashed 05-24-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80 (Post 1132905)
Typical Jon hater. "Dragging" them back on the road, Richie had a choice in the matter, he committed to the tour, whatever differences he had with Jon should have been resolved long before they got on the road.

I'm glad you said it before I did.

There's nothing as far as we know in this that is Jon's fault other than wanting to keep the band going - perhaps too much at times but he's always been driven. And agree with his direction or not, it's worked for them for a long time. Richie, Dave and Tico know this. If it wasn't for that facet of his character, the band would be another eighties reject.

Yvonne 05-24-2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1132907)
Calm down...

Perfectly calm, thanks for the concern :rolleyes:

Dicanio 05-24-2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80 (Post 1132905)
Typical Jon hater. "Dragging" them back on the road? Richie had a choice in the matter, he committed to the tour, whatever differences he had with Jon should have been resolved long before they got on the road.

Agree. What the hell happened the day/night before Calgary??

crashed 05-24-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yvonne (Post 1132909)
Perfectly calm, thanks for the concern :rolleyes:

Lol that made me laugh ;) no idea why.

jessycardy 05-24-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1132896)
We don't know... that's the point. That makes the "blame game" beyond stupid.

This is what I've been trying to say all along... YES, Richie's tweets and general apparent behaviour screams "*insert vulgar term here*". And that's absolutely a fact. But STILL we don't know what happened and I'm in no rush to judging. Blaming someone makes you feel better in life, but really. I don't need that now. That's why I don't think it's very normal/fair to see all these pricks/dicks/twats/assholes/fellow-genitalia-and-intimate-places thrown around like it's nothing. Richie appears like a twat, but we can't honestly say he is until we know what's behind all this. And that's even more valid for Jon, whose only blame apparently is sticking to his job and doing what he's supposed to do and not letting down fans.
It's hard, it hurts and it's tiring. I'm just devastated to see my favorite band going through this crap. The rest is secondary and just HAS to wait.