Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

RS8MB0R8 05-24-2013 09:59 AM

It seems increasingly likely that Richie has finally done what many of us around here have wanted one of them to do for a long time - call Jon out on his bullshit CEO/brand bollocks. Whilst the man's timing is absolutely ridiculous, perhaps this is what Jon needs to throw into light just how far the band have fallen since their glory days. If the band isn't beyond repair, positive things will come from this eventually, I'm sure.

It still sucks for the fans who've bought tickets though. :(

rolo_tomachi 05-24-2013 10:25 AM

When you give more importance to a stage and your workers instead of keeping your brother and guitarist, is that these rotten.

I can not believe Jon's ego does not yield. The business killed this band.

First must be the music, the band. Finally, the business.

Both are stupid and still they have hate. Where is the love? The forgiveness?

choclady 05-24-2013 10:27 AM

Rolo, enough already. You are getting on everyone's nerves with your stupid love and hate comments.

Neurotica80 05-24-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RS8MB0R8 (Post 1133015)
It seems increasingly likely that Richie has finally done what many of us around here have wanted one of them to do for a long time - call Jon out on his bullshit CEO/brand bollocks. Whilst the man's timing is absolutely ridiculous, perhaps this is what Jon needs to throw into light just how far the band have fallen since their glory days. If the band isn't beyond repair, positive things will come from this eventually, I'm sure.

It still sucks for the fans who've bought tickets though. :(

I agree with most of this. No-one knows exactly whats gone on and who's to blame, we prob never will. Its just been handled in the worst possible way and I can see Richie losing alot of fans over it.

Lets be honest, the real magic between them has been missing for years now, I'm talking more in the studio than anything else. I hope this whole episode might be a blessing and forces them in another direction to maybe come back together as a force again at some point.

I've said it for a while but IMO Jon needs to do a "end of NJ tour" and get rid of all the hangers on, over production, ridiculous money making schemes, Shanks and just go back to writing songs with an acoustic guitar for the love of it. Not for the love of trying to have a hit single.

faith1985 05-24-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80 (Post 1133018)
I've said it for a while but IMO Jon needs to do a "end of NJ tour" and get rid of all the hangers on, over production, ridiculous money making schemes, Shanks and just go back to writing songs with an acoustic guitar for the love of it. Not for the love of trying to have a hit single.

Not the worst idea I've read here.

jovigirloz 05-24-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80 (Post 1132905)
Typical Jon hater. "Dragging" them back on the road? Richie had a choice in the matter, he committed to the tour, whatever differences he had with Jon should have been resolved long before they got on the road.

I am not a Jon hater at all, just not a blind follower of everything he does.
I agree that Richie should not have committed to it, but maybe he thought he could do it. Yes it sucks for the fans no doubt. I am angry at Richie too - this will be the first time I haven't seen them play in my home town.

afk 05-24-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

I've said it for a while but IMO Jon needs to do a "end of NJ tour" and get rid of all the hangers on, over production, ridiculous money making schemes, Shanks and just go back to writing songs with an acoustic guitar for the love of it.

That would be awesome.

Jonty 05-24-2013 11:00 AM

the big chat could come during the 10 day break!!

then he might be convinced to come back and complete the tourn, promote his range of clothes at the Bonjovi outlets and sing one of his songs!

Iceman 05-24-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

That sounds like a plan.

Ice

Irakli 05-24-2013 11:15 AM

Richie needs to comeback ASAP and mabe they can salvage the tour. The vibe would certainly be interesting and scrutinized by everyone on here lol. On related note...this is pretty impressive work by Phil X on dry county.

http://youtu.be/EEQl5ZFnGuA