Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2 Very Special Bon Jovi Projects (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68524)

BonJovi100 06-11-2014 09:53 PM

So we had 35 demos for Td. Do we have all of them as b-sides or as songs on box-set??

I tkink that we have it all because they had only vocals and guitar recorded for "letter to friend" and them recorded rest for final song which they put on box-set.
I don't think that they would record songs like letter to finish them if they have more full demos. But they probably have many demos of songs which finally make record.

Captain_jovi 06-11-2014 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonJovi100 (Post 1177907)
So we had 35 demos for Td. Do we have all of them as b-sides or as songs on box-set??

I tkink that we have it all because they had only vocals and guitar recorded for "letter to friend" and them recorded rest for final song which they put on box-set.
I don't think that they would record songs like letter to finish them if they have more full demos. But they probably have many demos of songs which finally make record.

Wait, are you saying the drums bass and keyboard were added in 2004?

Nige 06-11-2014 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonJovi100 (Post 1177907)

1. (It’s Hard) Letting You Go
2. All I Want Is Everything
3. Bitter Wine
4. Damned
5. Diamond Ring
6. Flesh And Bone
7. Hearts Breaking Even
8. Hey God
9. I Get A Rush
10. I Just Want To Be Your Man
11. If That’s What It Takes
12. Letter To A Friend
13. Lie To Me
14. Lonely At The Top
15. My Guitar Lies Bleeding In My Arms
16. Nobody's Hero
17. Only In My Dreams
18. Open All Night
19. Prostitute
20. River Runs Dry
21. Someday Just Might Be Tonight
22. Something For The Pain
23. Something To Believe In
24. The End
25. The Fire Inside (could be KTF)
26. These Days
27. This Ain’t A Love Song
29. Wedding Day
30. When She Comes
31. Why Aren't You Dead? (could be KTF)

Not sure if Letter and Only In My Dreams count in the tally. And there are a couple I've queried too.

Captain_jovi 06-11-2014 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 1177909)

9. I Get A Rush

21. Someday Just Might Be Tonight

Not sure if Letter and Only In My Dreams count in the tally. And there are a couple I've queried too.

These ones seem really off to me. I Get a Rush has to be post TD, Pre Crush, I wouldn't believe it was for These Days.

Someday Just Might Be Tonight would be for Crush.

Dave 1986 06-11-2014 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 1177909)
31. Why Aren't You Dead? (could be KTF)

I'm pretty sure "WaYD?" is from Keep the Faith.

BonJovi100 06-12-2014 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1177908)
Wait, are you saying the drums bass and keyboard were added in 2004?

Yes. Some demos were unfinished and they add some guitar, drums, bass ecc to make them complete. "Letter" has only vocals and guitar or drums. I don't remember which one for sure. In videos from box-set or other on youtube you can see them in studio record some stuff for box-set. I remember video where Jon play on acoustic gitar which they add to unfinished demo.

Captain_jovi 06-12-2014 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonJovi100 (Post 1177917)
Yes. Some demos were unfinished and they add some guitar, drums, bass ecc to make them complete. "Letter" has only vocals and guitar or drums. I don't remember which one for sure. In videos from box-set or other on youtube you can see them in studio record some stuff for box-set. I remember video where Jon play on acoustic gitar which they add to unfinished demo.

It was I Get a Rush they added, at the very least, the acoustic guitars. Pedal steel to River Runs Dry too. Where did you hear/see/read that Letter only had vocals and guitar?

ezearis 06-12-2014 06:00 AM

Quote:

That's one thing I like about the boxset, they all sound like finished songs. Some even have a pretty good production. If there's another boxset, they should review all the songs and make it a consistent release, and not just put a bunch of demos together.

BonJovi100 06-12-2014 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1177920)
It was I Get a Rush they added, at the very least, the acoustic guitars. Pedal steel to River Runs Dry too. Where did you hear/see/read that Letter only had vocals and guitar?

In 99% it was in interview with Obie about working on box-set. I will try to find it but now I think that it will be hard to find.

Dave88 06-12-2014 09:21 AM

Quote:

Yes. Some demos were unfinished and they add some guitar, drums, bass ecc to make them complete.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious that some songs were re-worked before the box set release.

Always is another example. It doesn't sound like a demo at all. They just took the vocals from 1995 and added all the instruments in 2004.