Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora!!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70391)

rickysambo 10-26-2020 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QUceK1WV8 (Post 1269749)
On a different note Orianthi released "Impulsive" just reminding me what a giant cluster **** and waste of years RSO was. There's the damn guitar that was MIA all those years. Hopefully Richie finds his soon, too.

The video is terrible, though, so I will spare you and not link it. Listen to it on your streaming service instead.

Checked it out. Is she confused between being a "hot doll" & a serious guitar player? She can be either of them but imo she better choose! Not just the imagery but the lyrics also seem out of phase, especially the chorus ("I'm so so so Impulsive"?). Loving the melodic, understated style of soloing though (reminds of this other guitar player, haha).

JoviForever 10-26-2020 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1269693)
When Richie had another kid?
And Tito substituted to Tico???

Just proves you should take some of these articles with a pinch of salt when they can’t get the basics right!🙄

YOVANAfromPeru 10-27-2020 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviForever (Post 1269761)
Just proves you should take some of these articles with a pinch of salt when they can’t get the basics right!🙄

Tito was corrected, but not kids

rickysambo 10-27-2020 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1269769)
Tito was corrected, but not kids

Yeah. I'm surprised Tito is even name dropped in 2020 by Almighty Jon, I'd have expected "my drummer" by now.

YOVANAfromPeru 10-29-2020 02:42 AM

Ava talking more about her anxiety: https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ambora-anxiety

Burlhouse 10-29-2020 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1269853)
Ava talking more about her anxiety: https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ambora-anxiety

Hmmm, so she only credits her mom, and not her dad, for being there for her??...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

YOVANAfromPeru 10-29-2020 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burlhouse (Post 1269870)
Hmmm, so she only credits her mom, and not her dad, for being there for her??...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's an essay penned by Ava and Heather for People Magazine: https://people.com/human-interest/av...-with-anxiety/
Ironic that she studied Psychology...

steel_horse75 10-29-2020 12:58 PM

New Eddie Trunk podcast out today has Orianthi.
Says they still talk and are great mates.
She wouldn't rule out more RSO stuff.

Eddie asked why the stuff he heard in Richie car rocked so hard yet the stuff that got released didnt.
She said bob rock polished some up but loads didnt make the final cut.

She confirmed Richies does have an album coming out but no date.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

YOVANAfromPeru 11-02-2020 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1269872)
New Eddie Trunk podcast out today has Orianthi.
Says they still talk and are great mates.
She wouldn't rule out more RSO stuff.

Eddie asked why the stuff he heard in Richie car rocked so hard yet the stuff that got released didnt.
She said bob rock polished some up but loads didnt make the final cut.

She confirmed Richies does have an album coming out but no date.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news...onnection.html

rolo_tomachi 11-02-2020 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1269920)

Thanks Yovanna. A very interesting interview. So they are fine. I love knowing that Richie's album is a reality that is about to happen. But I'm not really looking forward to getting back on the RSO bandwagon, if they do finally get together again in a few years, I hope it's only for 1 EP and a couple of promo shows.

I would love for Jon and Richie to regain that friendship in the same way that Orianthi is doing with Richie.

YOVANAfromPeru 11-04-2020 02:43 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/El7S0YDX...jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/El4biZ4V...jpg&name=large

Jack27 11-07-2020 10:47 PM

I heard her album this morning and there’s a song called Crawling Out Of The Dark. To me, it just screamed of her telling the story of her and RS.

Jack27 11-07-2020 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack27 (Post 1270040)
I heard her album this morning and there’s a song called Crawling Out Of The Dark. To me, it just screamed of her telling the story of her and RS.

"Crawling Out Of The Dark"

You said I should put on more makeup
So I wouldn't look so sick and tired when I woke up
You wanted me to be as drunk and depressed as you were
So we could self destruct together

I should've listened to my friends
But I took your side over them

And now I'm crawling out of the dark
Didn't know I fell so far
Tell me did you have fun
Breaking my heart
Everybody dies sometimes
But now I'm coming back to life
I'm crawling out, I'm crawling out of the dark

I could hear you screaming through the walls
Probably cause you're favorite drink was pain pills and alcohol
I can't un-see those pictures on your phone
Was it Gia was it Mia I mean what kinda names are those?

I didn't think I deserved
A better love than whatever we were

And now I'm crawling out of the dark
Tell me did you have fun
Breaking my heart
Everybody dies sometimes

I'm crawling out of the dark
Tell me did you have fun
Breaking my heart
Everybody dies sometimes
And I'm crawling out, I'm crawling out of the dark

YOVANAfromPeru 11-08-2020 04:33 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack27 (Post 1270041)
cause you're favorite drink was pain pills and alcohol

It screams Richie Sambora
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTjA...ature=youtu.be

richiefan95 11-08-2020 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1270046)

If it was him why would he promote it on twitter. I assume he he listend to the songs a bit before to have an idea.

An my opinion if this song was about him she would have taken an different approach to promote her album. Why put such a song on the album and then don't try to get media attention out of it. She could talk trash on Richie if she wanted to get media attention. Instead she said they are still friends. Weird.

Captain_jovi 11-08-2020 05:56 AM

This is clearly a breakup album. Most of the songs were written after the relationship ended and even Richie has sang about his pain pill taking, it's not that far fetched.

rickysambo 11-08-2020 09:28 AM

[QUOTE=Jack27;1270041]"Crawling Out Of The Dark"

"You said I should put on more makeup
So I wouldn't look so sick and tired when I woke up
You wanted me to be as drunk and depressed as you were
So we could self destruct together

I should've listened to my friends
But I took your side over them"

- Terrible of Richie to not have atleast passed on some lyrical/songwriting chops to this poor girl, apart from everything else.

CKatz 11-08-2020 10:24 AM

I think they're back together. Ori has been posting pics from Richie's house in Laguna and Calabasas on her instagram since August.

Rdkopper 11-08-2020 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1270050)
I think they're back together. Ori has been posting pics from Richie's house in Laguna and Calabasas on her instagram since August.

If that song is about him, that's pretty ****ing brutal.

And I hope they aren't back together. Mabe she is just there as she records her album? Richie always has this weird after friendships with his X es.

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

bjcrazycpa 11-08-2020 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1270046)

Thank you for the link. I actually like the song! And I agree with you, 100% about RS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CKatz 11-08-2020 03:14 PM

According to this interview (@15:56 min) the song is mostly her co-writer's story, but also her friends' relationships and some of her own past relationships.

If this was about Richie, Ori wouldn't still be hanging out at Richie's house with nothing on except a robe. lol Also, Richie wouldn't be promoting it on his twitter multiple times.

richiefan95 11-08-2020 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1270061)
According to this interview (@5:56 min) the song is mostly her co-writer's story, but also her friends' relationships and some of her own past relationships.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXwGqZ3qP1w

If this was about Richie, Ori wouldn't still be hanging out at Richie's house with nothing on except a robe. lol Also, Richie wouldn't be promoting it on his twitter multiple times.

That is exactly my opinion. If this was about Richie she could easily be in the tabloids with such a story to promote her album.

JackieBlue 11-08-2020 05:11 PM

One of the co-writers is Marti Frederiksen. Didn't he write some songs with BonJovi?

CKatz 11-08-2020 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1270064)
One of the co-writers is Marti Frederiksen. Didn't he write some songs with BonJovi?

Yes, he co-wrote No Regrets and Breathe which were originally written for Bounce but didn't make the record.

Captain_jovi 11-08-2020 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1270064)

I know he co-wrote Breathe and Lucky, two earlier Bounce demos. For some reason I think more made the box set but I don't remember which.

rolo_tomachi 11-08-2020 08:25 PM

Marti Frederiksen was songwritten and producer in the Aerosmith's Just Push Play album. Was responsible for hits like Jared, Fly Away From Here, Girls of Summer and Feels So Good.

I wonder if Marti has collaborated on any songs on Richie's new album, like Who I Am for Undiscovered Soul.

QUceK1WV8 11-08-2020 10:36 PM

Quote:

I don't think so. That is a brutal song. She says it is about several people and not all her relationships. I do think there is some Richie in there.

She can't write lyrics to save her life, to be honest. The record has sublime guitar work though. She should stick to gun slinging.

EDIT: I too hope they are not back together. The threat of more wasted years is just - depressing.

Alphavictim 11-08-2020 11:28 PM

Jesus, the lyrics might work in the right context, but the super important and """"soulful"""" delivery, which is more about emoting instead of delivering a melody during the intro... wow. I am not sure if I think it's terrible or okay. It certainly doesn't grab me.

Eveline 11-08-2020 11:48 PM

God, songs are open to interpretation, even the most obvious ones. Come Back As Me comes to my mind right now. Richie explicitly said it has nothing to do with Bon Jovi but you know... just use your brain. Ori's last relationship of four years ended in not the very best way. There was this post on her IG where she confessed *and then promptly deleted* that Richie bailed over the phone. I still remember her tweets and those broken heart emojis and stuff. It's evident she'd deal with that stuff on her solo album. Well, if I were her, I would.

Captain_jovi 11-09-2020 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1270072)
God, songs are open to interpretation, even the most obvious ones. Come Back As Me comes to my mind right now. Richie explicitly said it has nothing to do with Bon Jovi but you know... just use your brain. Ori's last relationship of four years ended in not the very best way. There was this post on her IG where she confessed *and then promptly deleted* that Richie bailed over the phone. I still remember her tweets and those broken heart emojis and stuff. It's evident she'd deal with that stuff on her solo album. Well, if I were her, I would.

For what it's worth, both Richie and Matt said Come Back As Me was from (I think) 2007 and was written well before all this. I don't know if I believe it.

And yeah Ori posts off and on about how bad the fallout was. I don't see her as the type of person go to the press about Richie's behavior that led to the breakup and even if she was, would they really care? Is Richie and Ori's relationship selling magazines?

JackieBlue 11-09-2020 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1270073)
For what it's worth, both Richie and Matt said Come Back As Me was from (I think) 2007 and was written well before all this. I don't know if I believe it.

And yeah Ori posts off and on about how bad the fallout was. I don't see her as the type of person go to the press about Richie's behavior that led to the breakup and even if she was, would they really care? Is Richie and Ori's relationship selling magazines?

IIRC, they said it was written in 2010. Regardless of when it was written, I think his post saying it was "timely" or whatever also contributed to people believing it was a dig at Jon. (Of course, some people assume everything he's said since he left has been a dig at Jon/the band.):)

On another note: thanks, everybody, for the replies about Marti's co-writes. I just remembered his name.

QUceK1WV8 11-09-2020 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1270071)
Jesus, the lyrics might work in the right context, but the super important and """"soulful"""" delivery, which is more about emoting instead of delivering a melody during the intro... wow. I am not sure if I think it's terrible or okay. It certainly doesn't grab me.

There is a lot of autotune and processing there. Huge amounts. That probably takes away whatever there was to begin with as far as vocals go.

With all the criticísm in the last few posts I still rate the album a solid 3/5 for her guitar work alone. I can't put my finger on the actual song, but "Company" sounds very Garbage-y to me. Of course, even with all her merits, Ori is no prime Sheryl Manson. But anything that reminds me of Manson is always a plus :p

YOVANAfromPeru 11-22-2020 02:27 AM

https://instagram.ftru2-1.fna.fbcdn....8d&oe=5FE48500
https://www.instagram.com/p/CH15oHilt--/

GabrielC 11-27-2020 06:10 AM

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIFPJ9VldJd/

Here we go again...

Johny 11-27-2020 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabrielC (Post 1270557)

I just wonder what that means..

I hope no delays to his solo album. Or the same downhill for him like six years ago.

Thinny 11-27-2020 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 1270561)
I just wonder what that means..

I hope no delays to his solo album. Or the same downhill for him like six years ago.

Someone posted in the comments that RSO are back and Ori replied saying that Richie has a new solo album coming out soon....so I hope they have learned their lesson with that. In a recent interview Ori was talking about the fact that it wasn't very well received so hopefully they have moved on, musically.

From a fans point of view that relationship seemed very destructive and the height of that relationship was when Richie was at his worst. If they are back together I hope that things are different now. I really don't want to see a return to 2014 Richie. If they are happy, then I guess that's what matters at the end of the day. But as a fan them getting back together was not the news I was hoping for....

Johny 11-27-2020 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1270562)
Someone posted in the comments that RSO are back and Ori replied saying that Richie has a new solo album coming out soon....so I hope they have learned their lesson with that. In a recent interview Ori was talking about the fact that it wasn't very well received so hopefully they have moved on, musically.

From a fans point of view that relationship seemed very destructive and the height of that relationship was when Richie was at his worst. If they are back together I hope that things are different now. I really don't want to see a return to 2014 Richie. If they are happy, then I guess that's what matters at the end of the day. But as a fan them getting back together was not the news I was hoping for....

Yeah, exactly. Younger blondes can destroy you. I know about it myself :D

I wish he was happy. No matter with whom. Only the previous experience, at least what we as the public could observe, was a bit destructive.

I enjoyed their album but it took them too long to produce. She may be a great guitarist but she's hgot an annoying voice and she doesn't perform at all live. So leave the collaboration only for the bedroom if that is the state of relationship they want anfd not only friendship.

Eveline 11-27-2020 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabrielC (Post 1270557)

Quite a shocker I must say! Dunno how to comment on that really... :rolleyes: I've learned from experience that going back to your ex rarely makes sense but wishing them the best of luck.

richiefan95 11-27-2020 12:40 PM

Richie at the end of 2013 was still great. A few weeks with Orianthi and he showed up in Australia as a complete mess. The good thing is the album is already recorded. I always hoped that he will do a solo tour again. Now it seems seeing him without Orianthi is highly unlikely

Thinny 11-27-2020 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richiefan95 (Post 1270572)
Richie at the end of 2013 was still great. A few weeks with Orianthi and he showed up in Australia as a complete mess. The good thing is the album is already recorded. I always hoped that he will do a solo tour again. Now it seems seeing him without Orianthi is highly unlikely

She just released an album, so I would say a RS solo tour, with Ori as support is quite likely after Richie's album is out.

If she's not in Richie's band then you can bet she'll come out at the end for a Jam...

her new song is getting played to death on Planet Rock Radio in the UK