Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

jessycardy 05-25-2013 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 1133382)
Regular old laptop. Those pictures were full screen, couldn't scroll past them. Tried the link a few times and got the same. Gave the link one last go, and can now see the story! Clearly some kind of black magic at work.

Maybe it's such an impressive amount of crap, that an old laptop struggles processing it all at once. I'm glad you made it in the end, though.

Sissy3 05-25-2013 12:59 AM

I'm away from the computer most of the day and look what I missed. Now it's woman trouble added to the growing list of possibilities. :D I figure he and Nikki to be friends with benefits. No basis for that, just my suspicious mind talking. ;)

MrNickel 05-25-2013 01:03 AM

Its such a big cluster fudge of a situation.

Solid Sambora 05-25-2013 01:03 AM

Wish the link hadn't worked now. That article is disgusting, that cannot be true. If that had really been said Bon Jovi would have ended there and then. This whole thing has had us doubting the strength of their 'brotherhood' but I refuse to doubt their respect for each other's families.

I hope both Jon and Richie put this rumour to bed quickly, even if they don't want to clear anything else up.

Mysterytrain 05-25-2013 01:04 AM

I don't want to believe this story about a supposed Jon comment about Ava, but it would explain a lot. For one thing:

1. The "belittling" comment links back to the original TMZ story;

2. For all of the fights they most likely have had in the past (including after the "New Jersey" tour) -- they were able to resolve and move forward, but if the attack is on another member's kid, that's something else altogether and may not be salvageable. Also, it's the only thing (barring illness) that I could imagine Richie leaving the tour for;

3. We all know how in-control Jon likes to be. I could see where he would be completely unhinged and shocked by Stephanie's overdose, and feel the need to lash out at someone. Jon was the one with the long, happy marriage; Richie was the one who had had problems. Maybe in a moment of weakness, Jon lashed out at Richie in this way, because he was angry at what had happened in his own life and hadn't seen it coming;

4. Richie repeatedly refuses to acknowledge the "personal issue." If this is indeed the nature of that 'personal issue', now we know why.

5. If this is true, Jon's reputation will take a huge hit; it's possible his anger since Richie left is at least in part due to panic, hence his wanting to use the reference to Richie's past alcoholism to take the focus off of him and /or a fight.

Kiwi78 05-25-2013 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Sambora (Post 1133389)
Wish the link hadn't worked now. That article is disgusting, that cannot be true. If that had really been said Bon Jovi would have ended there and then. This whole thing has had us doubting the strength of their 'brotherhood' but I refuse to doubt their respect for each other's families.

I hope both Jon and Richie put this rumour to bed quickly, even if they don't want to clear anything else up.

Agreed. I would not feel fine knowing Jon had said that - I know he can be an ass at times but THAT much of an ass, that's cruelty.

MrNickel 05-25-2013 01:11 AM

When did Jons daughter have her incident ? Was it before the tour or during ?

jessycardy 05-25-2013 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1133391)
I don't want to believe this story about a supposed Jon comment about Ava, but it would explain a lot. For one thing:

1. The "belittling" comment links back to the original TMZ story;

2. For all of the fights they most likely have had in the past (including after the "New Jersey" tour) -- they were able to resolve and move forward, but if the attack is on another member's kid, that's something else altogether and may not be salvageable. Also, it's the only thing (barring illness) that I could imagine Richie leaving the tour for;

3. We all know how in-control Jon likes to be. I could see where he would be completely unhinged and shocked by Stephanie's overdose, and feel the need to lash out at someone. Jon was the one with the long, happy marriage; Richie was the one who had had problems. Maybe in a moment of weakness, Jon lashed out at Richie in this way, because he was angry at what had happened in his own life and hadn't seen it coming;

4. Richie repeatedly refuses to acknowledge the "personal issue." If this is indeed the nature of that 'personal issue', now we know why.

5. If this is true, Jon's reputation will take a huge hit; it's possible his anger since Richie left is at least in part due to panic, hence his wanting to use the reference to Richie's past alcoholism to take the focus off of him and /or a fight.

In all honesty, I don't even need to think through this. It's obviously a cruel lie made up by insensitive gossip-diggers.

Having said that, I'll also give you a logical reason not to believe that crap: if things had really gone that way, Jon would NEVER push Richie as much as he's doing into finally speaking up.

Becky 05-25-2013 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi78 (Post 1133378)

I think the issue here is also, we as fans aren't used to people talking smack about Jovi. They've done pretty well to keep their images clean even through Richie's last stints in rehab.

That's the truth. The most the tabloid press has given us before is Jon forced Tico and Alec (who weighed 112 pounds soaking wet) to have liposuction; Jon got his hair burned off at Bruce Springsteen's BBQ, and Cher was going to give birth to Richie's two-headed alien love child.

Solid Sambora 05-25-2013 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1133393)
When did Jons daughter have her incident ? Was it before the tour or during ?

Back in November.