Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2 Very Special Bon Jovi Projects (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68524)

yomamasofat 06-12-2014 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrix15 (Post 1177848)
Give me Sex sells and TD unheard stuff and you can have my money Jon! Oh and HAND for good measure.

Have to say the picture in your signature is pretty funny.

rolo_tomachi 06-12-2014 12:06 PM

I remember Box Set videos of 2004 in the studio. Jon and Bobby were recording the guitars. No David... No Tico... No Richie... I guess if we have another box set for this year, Jon and Bobby are finished the songs with the help of other musicians. Not surprise me that Phil is in this, maybe that's why he was invited to join The KOS.

Stut 06-12-2014 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1177891)
A&M Studios, Los Angeles. Friday March 31. 4.25pm. The very end of Bon Jovi’s ‘These Days’ recording sessions.

Always from that session was released on one of the TAALS-singles. What about Saturday Night? Is that available on any cd single?

ezearis 06-12-2014 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1177932)
I remember Box Set videos of 2004 in the studio. Jon and Bobby were recording the guitars. No David... No Tico... No Richie... I guess if we have another box set for this year, Jon and Bobby are finished the songs with the help of other musicians. Not surprise me that Phil is in this, maybe that's why he was invited to join The KOS.

Actually, there're videos of the whole band doing one. There's even a funny one where Richie mocks Jon.

Edit: here it is . But maybe it's from the rehersals for that show they played songs from the boxset.

rolo_tomachi 06-12-2014 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1177938)
Actually, there're videos of the whole band doing one. There's even a funny one where Richie mocks Jon.

It was a Soundcheck. Borgata concert.

ezearis 06-12-2014 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1177939)
It was a Soundcheck. Borgata concert.

Just edited to say that, thanks for the info. Still, wouldn't be nothing weird. Bandiera has solos in Have A Nice Day and Phil X played in the lastest compilation.

rolo_tomachi 06-12-2014 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1177940)
Just edited to say that, thanks for the info. Still, wouldn't be nothing weird. Bandiera has solos in Have A Nice Day and Phil X played in the lastest compilation.

Correct. Bobby has had some solos on the HAND Album, I think Wildflowers is one. And others who do not know. I think Phil recorded some guitars for What do you got. But is similar to Richie's demo, I mean it's the same guitar solo, just with more layers.

Captain_jovi 06-12-2014 05:30 PM

See now it's a whole new issue. To me it's not Bobby touching up band tracks, it's the band releasing music that was Jon only and marketing it as full band. I have no qualms with Bobby adding guitars to I Get a Rush only because Richie had zero to do with the song in the first place. Didn't co-write it, didn't play on it, didn't sing on it so Bobby finishing a song he played however many years ago sits fine with me.

If you were to say to me "Richie didn't play on this list of songs, just did the solo and backing vocals" from the last decade I would not be shocked.

rolo_tomachi 06-12-2014 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1177943)
See now it's a whole new issue. To me it's not Bobby touching up band tracks, it's the band releasing music that was Jon only and marketing it as full band. I have no qualms with Bobby adding guitars to I Get a Rush only because Richie had zero to do with the song in the first place. Didn't co-write it, didn't play on it, didn't sing on it so Bobby finishing a song he played however many years ago sits fine with me.

If you were to say to me "Richie didn't play on this list of songs, just did the solo and backing vocals" from the last decade I would not be shocked.

Well, there are songs in the last decade that we know is Richie who plays guitar, his licks and solos are recognizable. That's why most songs Box Set 2004 does not have great guitar solos, because practically Jon and Bobby with the help of Obie reconstructed those songs. But I agree with you.

I have no doubt that the drums and keyboards are added in 2004. But do not think all songs was completely redone. Even in the box set, you can recognize guitars solos and licks made ​​by Richie. Possibly were recorded when they began the demos in his era.

Anyway, the box set 2004 has a lot of JBJ's solo songs.

Captain_jovi 06-12-2014 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1177944)
Well, there are songs in the last decade that we know is Richie who plays guitar, his licks and solos are recognizable. That's why most songs Box Set 2004 does not have great guitar solos, because practically Jon and Bobby with the help of Obie reconstructed those songs.

I have no doubt that the drums and keyboards are added in 2004. But do not think all the songs I was completely redone. Even in the box set, you can recognize guitars solos and licks made ​​by Richie. Possibly were recorded when they began the demos in his era.

Anyway, the box set 2004 has a lot of JBJ solo songs.

Oh at no point was I saying the majority of the songs were reconstructed on the box set. The majority of them have Richie's involvement, I'm talking 2005 forward. I've always had this hunch that Richie had little to do with the 4 "new" HAND tracks, a part from solos and backing vocals. WAN I really think it was the same. Majority of the guitar work done by Shanks and solos and backing vocals (and some random guitar parts and over dubs) by Richie. You can easily tell which riffs are Richie and which aren't.