Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Jon Bon Jovi & The Kings of Suburbia - New York City, July 19th-21th (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68572)

rolo_tomachi 07-25-2014 06:50 PM

We know that Tico wants to rest, and does not want to be bothered with their free time. David is the Broadway man, very busy. Richie wants to do his solo stuff, come on, the guy has earned it after so long.

Jon knows it's time to attempt a third solo album. My guess is that Jon finds the drama, Bon Jovi is over? nah, so to strengthen his next solo album, and honestly, I hope you have much success. Then Jon will realize you do not need use the Bon Jovi brand for his purpose, and only used for a real meeting.

Rdkopper 07-25-2014 08:06 PM

The problem is, there is no market right now for Rock n Roll in general. No major radio station will give any real rock band a chance which is horrible.

Country Music is the new trend in rock music around here. Jon should have saved Lost Highway as a 2014 solo record.

The only thing rock music has on it's side right now is touring.

It's been like this for a while and continues to get worse.

Becky 07-25-2014 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1180630)
I have said over the years that Jon spreads himself too thin. There is all his charity work, and then there is his love of football. Way down in 3rd place he manages to squeeze in a record that he doesn't even bother supporting by playing his songs.

Jon has always said--and even as recently as when he got that Songwriter's Icon Award that songwriting is his first love and nothing gives him more satisfaction than that. So I don't think he's going to stop writing because of a bump in the road. I have no doubt that there will be more music from Jon because it's in his blood to write. He's always taken breaks from writing, but he's never left it behind. (He's said he rarely writes while they're touring.) I can't say whether the music Jon does next will be with the band or not. Personally, I would prefer that it was not with the band because of the way Richie's handled himself for the last year and a half. Don't forget that Jon's icon is Frank Sinatra, not Jerry Jones. If it weren't for his first love of songwriting, he wouldn't be able to explore his other loves of philanthropy and football.

Alphavictim 07-25-2014 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1180630)
Christ - Bruce lost 2 band members to death - now THAT is a bump in the road. But he reorganized and put on a 2 year tour that was glorious. Was it the same - no. Were they great shows - YES.

Jon wouldn't wanna tour with old material only. He'd wanna do a new album, too - remember his fears of being seen as a nostalgia act. And he knows that he and Richie write the best stuff when they're together. Really, as far as Bon Jovi the band is concerned, Jon KNOWS that Richie's part of that team. He might do solo stuff (he already is doing that), but as far as the band, I think he's rather humble as far as that goes.

Captain_jovi 07-25-2014 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1180636)
The problem is, there is no market right now for Rock n Roll in general. No major radio station will give any real rock band a chance which is horrible.

Country Music is the new trend in rock music around here. Jon should have saved Lost Highway as a 2014 solo record.

The only thing rock music has on it's side right now is touring.

It's been like this for a while and continues to get worse.

I'd go one step further, rock could be the top genre in sales but Bon Jovi aren't a part of that world anymore. That's an audience they have to reclaim.

rocknation 07-26-2014 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powernoize (Post 1180615)
...When asked about the future of Bon Jovi, Jon could not be more pessimistic in this respect "we are obviously in a pothole in our career, or already completed". This response obviously sat like a jug of water cold the fans who attended the event, what Jon hastened to add "calm down... is what it is".

LOL, that's the best news I've heard about the band all year! Jon has just given the whole world permission to blame him -- LOL!!! http://rocktivity.com/Graphics/chuckle.gif

Chris_Newton 07-26-2014 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1180631)
Aloha !

Have you heard what he sounds like nowadays? You get a singer who can't sing anymore with a guitar player who's forgotten how to play proper lead guitar. Both can't do a single song by themselves without ****ing up plenty of times, let alone do it together. You've got to be tone deaf to be able to enjoy it.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

So we can assume if they did tour again you would not go and see them?

KSantaFe 07-26-2014 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1180638)
Jon wouldn't wanna tour with old material only. He'd wanna do a new album, too - remember his fears of being seen as a nostalgia act. And he knows that he and Richie write the best stuff when they're together. Really, as far as Bon Jovi the band is concerned, Jon KNOWS that Richie's part of that team. He might do solo stuff (he already is doing that), but as far as the band, I think he's rather humble as far as that goes.

I wholeheartedly agree. Richie seems to, at the moment, lack that same humility and thinks he can do it all on his own. This fiasco could still have a good outcome if John Shanks is booted from the next band album. Even better if Bob Rock could make a return.

bjcrazycpa 07-26-2014 02:45 PM

One of the only videos I've seen posted so far…he can't remember the words Halleljuah but seems to take it in stride.

ticos_stick 07-26-2014 04:24 PM

I think now is the time for the band to enjoy their wealth and relax. They've saturated the touring circuit since 2000. The GH tour was the perfect jumping off point for a nice 2/3 year break but Jon got greedy which lead to the awful if eventful BWC tour. I very much doubt Richie will consider a reunion until he's got his current enthusiasm for going solo out of his system and at that point Tico & Hugh will be in their mid 60s. I think the band is done for good.