Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The official Oasis topic. (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=44962)

Crushgen24/88 06-02-2008 10:15 PM

Not really an Oasis fan.
Don't think they suck, per say. They just do nothing for me.

*ºÇåptäîn¤Çrä§hº* 06-03-2008 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 825560)

Wow. That was awesome. Not just the crowd, the song and performance as well.

RyanBounce04 06-03-2008 07:13 PM

I'm starting to listen to Oasis more and more. Rock N' Roll Star, Live Forever, Lyla, Supersonic, Wonderwall, and Some Might Say are my favorites. Definitely Maybe is one of the best debut albums by any band ever!

Ryan

RyanBounce04 06-03-2008 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *ºÇåptäîn¤Çrä§hº* (Post 833684)
Wow. That was awesome. Not just the crowd, the song and performance as well.

Agreed, that was awesome!

Ryan

Christo 06-15-2008 08:27 PM

I have all their albums, barring Stop The Clocks, my fave being Definitely Maybe. For a consistently great album, this has no peer in their catalogue. I really rate Don't Believe The Truth, Heathen Chemistry and of course, Masterplan has some brilliant tunes in there!

I saw them for the first time on the Don't Believe The Truth tour and it was an interesting show. Some of the songs were actually quite flat and didn't sound great live (Turn Up The Sun, great song otherwise, Mucky Fingers, WTF??!) but then there were moments such as Live Forever, Don't Look Back In Anger, Acquiesce which were absolutely mind-blowing!! ****in' In The Bushes is perfect as a 'walk-on-stage' song.

Did anyone see that tour of semi-acoustic shows that Noel did with Gem? The one in Melbourne only went for about 80 minutes, but getting to hear acoustic versions of Masterplan, Slide Away, Talk Tonight, Don't Look Back In Anger, WHATEVER and a very cool version of Wonderwall (didn't really dig the original live), made up for the short show....

So because of the quality of the last show, I'd see them again live! Can't wait to hear the next album either! :D

Sami 06-15-2008 09:30 PM

I like them too, ever since the 2nd album. Hello is an awsome album-opener, I really love that song and the lyrics...

I also like the song Hindu Times. It´s very lennon-ish. The latest album didn´t make an impression on me, though. Maybe I should try again?

Ferret 06-15-2008 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christo (Post 841108)
I have all their albums, barring Stop The Clocks, my fave being Definitely Maybe. For a consistently great album, this has no peer in their catalogue. I really rate Don't Believe The Truth, Heathen Chemistry and of course, Masterplan has some brilliant tunes in there!

I saw them for the first time on the Don't Believe The Truth tour and it was an interesting show. Some of the songs were actually quite flat and didn't sound great live (Turn Up The Sun, great song otherwise, Mucky Fingers, WTF??!) but then there were moments such as Live Forever, Don't Look Back In Anger, Acquiesce which were absolutely mind-blowing!! ****in' In The Bushes is perfect as a 'walk-on-stage' song.

Did anyone see that tour of semi-acoustic shows that Noel did with Gem? The one in Melbourne only went for about 80 minutes, but getting to hear acoustic versions of Masterplan, Slide Away, Talk Tonight, Don't Look Back In Anger, WHATEVER and a very cool version of Wonderwall (didn't really dig the original live), made up for the short show....

So because of the quality of the last show, I'd see them again live! Can't wait to hear the next album either! :D

I wish I'd got to see Noel and Gem in the STC Tour, but I wasn't into Oasis back then unfortunately, I'm only a recent fan. I have some of the shows on bootlegs though, they're very good.

One thing that bugs me about Oasis is how they never change their setlists on tour, even on Noel's acoustic one. Alot of the Lord Don't Slow Me Down DVD shows how bored they are on tour, maybe it'd be a bit more interesting if Noel wrote out some different setlists.

And I agree with you about Mucky Fingers, my god it drags, goes absolutely nowhere but feels like it's building up to something, very plodding. Turn Up the Sun is a really good song, I think, but I can understand why it doesn't go over well live. I don't like Wonderwall live either, because Liam doesn't hold the notes, and the electric guitars don't suit it.

Neurotica80 06-15-2008 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christo (Post 841108)

F-ing hell Chris do you ever go to a show and get a bog standard setlist?!!! :mad:

Christo 06-16-2008 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80 (Post 841225)
F-ing hell Chris do you ever go to a show and get a bog standard setlist?!!! :mad:

You're cooking what for dinner??

Simon 06-16-2008 10:49 AM

I bought all their albums until SOTSOG. First I thought it was the worst piece of music that I ever spent money for, but later my then-girlfriend convinced me that it is actually quite good. Interesting at least. I haven't been listening to that album in years, I somewhat lost interest in them. My brother bought "Heathen Chemistry", and I listened to it a few times back then, and I really enjoyed it I must say. Maybe their best album since "Morning Glory".

When "Be Here Now" came out I was quite enthusiastic about it. I was on holiday in Sweden, saw the advertising everywhere (as it was with "These Days" two years earlier) and bought it straight away. I loved most of the album, but when I listen to it now I just don't get the feeling back. I remember the title track being played before the Bon Jovi show in 2001. ;-)
I'm quite sure that my brother bought "Don't Believe The Truth", but to be honest I'm not sure if I have a copy of that or not. At least not on my PC, so possibly I have never been listening to this album. I have to be in the mood for it, you know. Their songs all sound so similar that have to get really into them. Like I never really got into the much praised debut album, though "Live forever" and "Supersonic" are fine songs.

Once I will put my own collection together, and that will be a very good CD. My favourite track? "Some Might Say" maybe.