Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   #09 - FLA Live Arena, Sunrise, FL, April 16th 2022 (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70906)

gabriele 04-18-2022 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1279191)
He’s been shit the last few years. And every year there is a bit more of a decline. JBJ is done.

Almost this Is real 😅

Butters 04-18-2022 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda (Post 1279189)
I hadn't watched any videos from this tour and clicked this one because you guys said it wasn't bad.

That was the most awful pile of shit, worse than any cover band version of this song I've ever heard. If this is "not bad" - then what the hell do the bad versions sound like? That intro was so awful. He had to restart it, and even then. Dang

Agreed. It is atrocious.

DestinationJovi 04-18-2022 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gabriele (Post 1279185)
'Baby it's ok' it's quite long and solid

Sounds exactly like in Tampa. I would not be surprised if he's lip syncing most of this song. He can't go from that shaky, off key, off pitch acapella beginning to being able to carry that note. Sorry, not buying it.

It's amazing how low in the mix he is on all songs for the chorus. I hear David and the talk box way louder than the lead singer. What a joke.

Butters 04-18-2022 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1279196)
Sounds exactly like in Tampa. I would not be surprised if he's lip syncing most of this song. He can't go from that shaky, off key, off pitch acapella beginning to being able to carry that note. Sorry, not buying it.

It's amazing how low in the mix he is on all songs for the chorus. I hear David and the talk box way louder than the lead singer. What a joke.

It's definitely playback. As are most of the high points in the song. Proves my point that he'd be better off miming than doing what he's doing now (I can't call it singing).

rolo_tomachi 04-18-2022 11:27 PM

No no no, I hope they never take that option. A show with constant voice reproduction? seriously guys? if Jon does that, then it's better not to do shows. The guy sucks live, but at least he doesn't sink even lower by lip-synching his voice.

The Jovi camp could do damage control by uploading videos of some live performances, with all those voice tricks in the mix that Obie knows how to do... to make Jon sound a little more tolerable. If you want to fool a potential audience, that would be a smart way to go. Like that uploaded video of We Dont Run (Acoustic) for Global Citizen. But not miming on the show.

Captain_jovi 04-18-2022 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1279199)
No no no, I hope they never take that option. A show with constant voice reproduction? seriously guys? if Jon does that, then it's better not to do shows. The guy sucks live, but at least he doesn't sink even lower by lip-synching his voice.

The Jovi camp could do damage control by uploading videos of some live performances, with all those voice tricks in the mix that Obie knows how to do... to make Jon sound a little more tolerable. If you want to fool a potential audience, that would be a smart way to go. Like that uploaded video of We Dont Run (Acoustic) for Global Citizen. But not miming on the show.

That's not damage control to people AT the shows though. That's their audience and who they are banking on coming bank to the next one.

rolo_tomachi 04-18-2022 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1279200)
That's not damage control to people AT the shows though. That's their audience and who they are banking on coming bank to the next one.

That's what I meant by damage control. If they put those videos with Obie's manipulated audio on the official Bon Jovi channel, they won't scare away their future audiences. Now, if they don't do anything, then they'll read the news, which isn't good, and those future audiences will be looking for clips showing Jon's carnage unfiltered. They already used these types of videos in 2018 and 2019, and I think that damage control worked well.

If people are going to check how it sounds, they prefer to always watch a good quality live video from an official channel.

I don't understand how things like that aren't being done to protect this kind of show, since it's still a business.

Example:

Video with audience audio without manipulating

With soundboard audio manipulating by Obie for SiriusXM

Bon Jovi's youtube channel should do this with a proshot video source. Damage Control. No miming please.

The other option would be to hang up the gloves, time to retire.

Captain_jovi 04-19-2022 01:41 AM

I just don't see it as damage control, it's flat out trickery. If you have to do damage control because your voice has failed then your singing days are over. I don't want to follow someone who puts pitch perfect videos out and then sounds like THAT live. They could put out ten overly produced videos, as long as the band sounds like it does, real videos put out by people there will always be the ones to go viral. In my opinion.

musiccritic101 04-19-2022 02:35 AM

The only other option is if Jon has Obie set up a real-time live pitch correction system that hooks up to the band's PA system, that can tune Jon's poor vocals in real-time while Jon's singing.

Of course there is another option, Jon and the band take another hiatus so Jon can sort out his vocal issues, change vocal coaches or try a new vocal re-training regime. Of course he'll never go for that because then the money train which is probably all Bon Jovi is to him would stop rolling.

efpg0708 04-19-2022 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panda (Post 1279189)
I hadn't watched any videos from this tour and clicked this one because you guys said it wasn't bad.

That was the most awful pile of shit, worse than any cover band version of this song I've ever heard. If this is "not bad" - then what the hell do the bad versions sound like? That intro was so awful. He had to restart it, and even then. Dang

Exactly. In 2025 some people here will be saying: I miss 2022, when he still sounded good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk