Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   JBJ has had vocal Surgery (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=71054)

blazeofglory 02-08-2024 01:09 PM

Kudos to Jon for finally opening up about this!

It very much does seem like they’re planning to wait and see how things play out in the next few months before they make any decisions about a tour. I only watched bits and pieces of the interview clip last night, but I think Jon said the MusiCares event was his first time playing live again since he had the surgery. Chances are they’re gonna use these kinds of small performances and promo appearances to get an idea of how Jon’s voice holds up now.

Jon’s comments about the documentary and its title seem very final, but the things David has been saying sound like the complete opposite, so who knows. Maybe we’re misinterpreting the title, maybe it’s not “thank you, goodnight, this is the end of Bon Jovi [as a touring band]” but rather “thank you for sticking with us through this era of health issue and goodbye to that chapter of our lives, on to the next one” (especially given that Jon’s “thank you, goodnight” at the end of concerts has typically always meant “until the next tour” and not “goodbye forever and for good”). I don’t know if I actually believe that, but with the conflicting/wishy-washy things they’ve been saying I guess it’s a possibility that we’re misinterpreting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

semigoodlooking 02-08-2024 01:52 PM

Struggling for 10 years explains why his voice started falling off a cliff since the What About Now tour and then fell off several more cliffs after that. We know it was bad because we have all seen him shrink as a performer because of it. I am really interested to see how he recovers from this.

Obviously whenever the next tour is, that will be the test. While there is loads of studio tricks to do, the voice must have played at least some part in the quality of the albums too. It seems Jon wants one more go to prove himself - or to himself - and then it will end.

Alphavictim 02-08-2024 07:15 PM

For all the shit people can give JBJ, he seems all too eager to prove himself. And he usually manages to surprise people in that situation.

Kudos to him for coming clean, and best wishes for a succesful recovery.

bonjovi90 02-08-2024 07:26 PM

I extracted and reworked the part he talks about it and hopefully, he can get back to a level that he himself can be okay with. No matter if he'll tour again or not, one's gotta give him credit for fighting tooth and nail to make it back.

https://youtu.be/uhPWy8WmmO8

Alphavictim 02-08-2024 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1287849)
I extracted and reworked the part he talks about it and hopefully, he can get back to a level that he himself can be okay with. No matter if he'll tour again or not, one's gotta give him credit for fighting tooth and nail to make it back.

https://youtu.be/uhPWy8WmmO8

Thank you for this!

JoviForever 02-08-2024 09:17 PM

People picking up on what Dave said about carrrying for another 40 years. We all know he’s a joker and I think everything he said was very tongue in cheek. Jon is the boss and the bands future is very much all down to him, so if it’s ’Thank you and good night’, that’s what it is. Whatever, it’s been one hell of a ride and everyone on this boards life has been enhanced because of Bon Jovi and will forever be grateful for the music. 😢

Jonny Sambora 02-08-2024 09:32 PM

Fair play to him for addressing it. Must be discussed in the documentary. I did think he sounded decent at musicares and that explains it. Let's hope he continues to improve.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 02-08-2024 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviForever (Post 1287859)
People picking up on what Dave said about carrrying for another 40 years. We all know he’s a joker and I think everything he said was very tongue in cheek. Jon is the boss and the bands future is very much all down to him, so if it’s ’Thank you and good night’, that’s what it is. Whatever, it’s been one hell of a ride and everyone on this boards life has been enhanced because of Bon Jovi and will forever be grateful for the music. 😢

This. Tico will be 110 years old. He's not gonna come out in say "this is our last jaunt" until Jon announces it.

BJFan2021 02-08-2024 09:58 PM

Very interesting interview and much respect to Jon for finally addressing his vocal problems. (Can’t wait for the documentary for further explanation.) He puts himself in a vulnerable position doing it and has probably found it embarrassing, hence keeping quiet for so long. Jon seems like a changed man compared to what he was years ago, and seems more open to address personal things. The musicares performance was an enjoyable one, and one I didn’t find painful listening to, i.e 2019 and 2022.
Hope he continues to improve to a state he feels comfortable in, because I need to witness Bon Jovi live once in my lifetime!

hchb2000 02-08-2024 09:59 PM

The optimist in me wants to believe that "Thank you, Goodnight" is the name of the upcoming Album or the new Box Set...but it's probably the end of touring...