Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The official Oasis topic. (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=44962)

hometownboy 10-17-2008 09:23 PM

Anyone going to heaton park? i will be :D it's a five minute walk from my house , so even if i just go to the first night i should definately be able to heard the second :p

Tixy 10-17-2008 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jade4jovi (Post 884359)
It doesn't really matter if it's "having fun with the media" or not. He still comes across as a twat, either way.

Ok sorry I thought you could realise there's something else behind the public persona.

jade4jovi 10-18-2008 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tixy (Post 884453)
Ok sorry I thought you could realise there's something else behind the public persona.

Of course there is. And I'm not saying he is a twat...I don't know that. But that is the way he makes himself out. That's all I'm saying.

:)

mo_rizwan 10-18-2008 02:29 PM

When do the Stadium tickets go on Sale?

Sleep-When-Im-Dead 10-18-2008 02:48 PM

ooo i was annoyed i missed out on the arenas, really please there doing a stadium tour, i will try and get wembley tickets when they go on sale.

Yvonne 10-21-2008 01:17 AM

Tempted to go to Wembley next year as I'll have moved by then!

Tickets go on sale on friday for all shows!

mo_rizwan 10-21-2008 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yvonne (Post 885106)
Tempted to go to Wembley next year as I'll have moved by then!

.....to London?

Yvonne 10-21-2008 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mo_rizwan (Post 885119)
.....to London?

haha,nah! I'm going back home :) to Portsmouth!

carson 10-21-2008 01:21 PM

saw oasis last thursday at wembley arena, got two tics off a tout for 120 not bad imo...was amazing, cant wait for fri when the tics go on sale, there playing wembley on my 19th bday :)

mo_rizwan 10-23-2008 10:29 PM

I hope they cover a Bon Jovi song :D

Tixy 10-23-2008 11:24 PM

Errr... probably not gonna happen.

Sleep-When-Im-Dead 10-24-2008 11:38 AM

god, ticketmaster is pretty shit today. Making people wait 15 mins just to tell them sold out Argh. and See tickets has gone down. Damn oh well hopefully i'll get tickets.

Sleep-When-Im-Dead 10-24-2008 11:58 AM

Scrub that ticketmaster rock roll on july:D

hometownboy 10-24-2008 01:59 PM

i got them tooo :D for heaton park! cant waitt

Ferret 10-24-2008 06:48 PM

Got seated tickets for the Thursday gig at Wembley (can't remember the date). Going with my mate Tim, gonna be brilliant. :D

Sleep-When-Im-Dead 10-24-2008 07:52 PM

i got them for the sunday, obviously need not have panicked as the added another day lol oh well sold out gig at wembley should be amazing:D

mo_rizwan 10-24-2008 09:04 PM

Still deciding what date to choose.....

Tixy 10-24-2008 11:36 PM

Give it a few more days, it's not like everything is sold out already.

Oh wait...

Supersonic 10-30-2008 11:17 PM

Aloha !

Looks like I'll be seeing them in Rome as well. That'll be 3 dates this tour. :)

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

slippery89 11-02-2008 02:03 AM

Well I’ am always open to listening to new bands and new music, to me Oasis is new because I never paid attention to them or listened to them, but I know they have been around. Anyways I watched a 30 minute show on them and there were more cons than pros. First off Liam is the Charlie Watts and Larry Mullen Jr. of lead singers meaning that he has no personality at all, he shows no facial expressions. To me the only one that got away with that with me was Kurt Cobain. It bugged me. He's just no ****ing David Lee Roth or JBJ, but I'm not saying that he should be like them, but it wouldn't hurt to crack a smile or get into his music. They played Whatever,Wonderwall, I’ am the Walrus, Cum on feel the noise(terrible version) and few more others I can't remember. I got to say though some of the songs sounded a little too similar maybe it's because Liam sings in the same tempo a lot. I’ am not try to totally bash on them, but this is what I got from watching them. The pros: for the most part the songs were not that bad. Also Liam has a good voice and maybe that’s why I thought the songs were not that bad. Wonderwall was the song that stood out for me though and then followed by whatever. One more thing while this is a Oasis thread, the whole thing about one of the members of Oasis accusing Green Day of ripping off their song Wonderwall for Boulevard Of Broken Dreams is crazy, they sound nothing alike.

Ferret 11-02-2008 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slippery89 (Post 887196)
Well I’ am always open to listening to new bands and new music, to me Oasis is new because I never paid attention to them or listened to them, but I know they have been around. Anyways I watched a 30 minute show on them and there were more cons than pros. First off Liam is the Charlie Watts and Larry Mullen Jr. of lead singers meaning that he has no personality at all, he shows no facial expressions. To me the only one that got away with that with me was Kurt Cobain. It bugged me. He's just no ****ing David Lee Roth or JBJ, but I'm not saying that he should be like them, but it wouldn't hurt to crack a smile or get into his music. They played Whatever,Wonderwall, I’ am the Walrus, Cum on feel the noise(terrible version) and few more others I can't remember. I got to say though some of the songs sounded a little too similar maybe it's because Liam sings in the same tempo a lot. I’ am not try to totally bash on them, but this is what I got from watching them. The pros: for the most part the songs were not that bad. Also Liam has a good voice and maybe that’s why I thought the songs were not that bad. Wonderwall was the song that stood out for me though and then followed by whatever.

I presume that that was a selection of 'highlights' from one of their Maine Road gigs from 1996. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions so I'm not gonna go into a huge defence of the show, but there's just a couple of things I feel compelled to say.

First of all, it's not really Liam's style to jump about or smile onstage or anything. His act is really to stand still in front of the microphone and sing, really he's a kind of no-nonsense rock 'n' roll singer, he just sings and gets the job done. He is actually very into it in nearly every peformance, even the ones where he sounds bad, which are unfortunately very common nowadays. He basically just stands there in his own little world and sings, totally into the music. You can actually see his style in some other bands from the Manchester area's singers, such as The Charlatans' Tim Burgess and The Stone Roses' Ian Brown, who are two of Liam's biggest influences.

Generally, though, his no-nonsense style of performance gets him a lot of respect over here in Britain and he is considered one of the all time great frontmen.

Second, Some Oasis songs do sound similar, yes, such as Wonderwall and D'You Know What I Mean or Whatever and Don't Look Back In Anger (the latter only in chords). I think if the channel had shown the whole gig you'd have seen that there are only a couple of instances of that, though. Also, the words 'shine', 'time' and 'mind' do often feature in the lyrics, because Noel, who is the cheif songwriter, likes how Liam sings those words.

Last of all, I really like their version of Cum On Feel The Noize, and I definitely prefer it to the original.

I'd also like to add that if any of that came across as me being angry or having a go, that it's nothing of the sort :)

Supersonic 11-02-2008 10:22 AM

Aloha !

And for ****s sake, Boulevard Of Broken Dreams and Wonderwall are alike. If you can't hear the similarities check this out:

There. Now tell me how they're nothing alike. Oasis are known for nicking a bit of stuff here and there, but not just ripping off full songs. Boulevard is just Wonderwall with a bunch of different lyrics.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Thunderstrucker 11-02-2008 10:44 AM

To you a song is nicked if you can sing the verse of another song on it.
In music there are just those melody-lines that match. That is not nicking, that's just the way that melody goes. And yes, sometimes the match is obvious but still that is not always nicking. But as well as this time and all the times before I tried to tell you that, you won't believe it.

I salute you,
Thunderstrucker

Supersonic 11-02-2008 10:51 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderstrucker (Post 887224)
To you a song is nicked if you can sing the verse of another song on it.
In music there are just those melody-lines that match. That is not nicking, that's just the way that melody goes. But as well as this time and all the times before I tried to tell you that, you won't believe it.

I salute you,
Thunderstrucker

No I don't.

It's not a matter of "how the melody goes". This is nicking. It's exactly the same chords from start to finish, which makes it nicking. It's not just the same melody, and the youtube link proves it. It has been heavily discussed by many DJ's all over the world how the songs are similar and how the biggest hit of Green Day has been written by Noel Gallagher. Even in interviews Noel has been asked about this so Oasis fans surely aren't the only ones who recognize this. If you don't see this as nicking you're in a big minority as pretty much everyone in the business with a wee little bit of knowledge about music see's it as a rip off.

Saying that Boulevard hasn't been nicked from Wonderwall is saying that the chorus from Bells Of Freedom hasn't been nicked from This Ain't A Love Song.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

slippery89 11-02-2008 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferret (Post 887198)
I presume that that was a selection of 'highlights' from one of their Maine Road gigs from 1996. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions so I'm not gonna go into a huge defence of the show, but there's just a couple of things I feel compelled to say.

First of all, it's not really Liam's style to jump about or smile onstage or anything. His act is really to stand still in front of the microphone and sing, really he's a kind of no-nonsense rock 'n' roll singer, he just sings and gets the job done. He is actually very into it in nearly every peformance, even the ones where he sounds bad, which are unfortunately very common nowadays. He basically just stands there in his own little world and sings, totally into the music. You can actually see his style in some other bands from the Manchester area's singers, such as The Charlatans' Tim Burgess and The Stone Roses' Ian Brown, who are two of Liam's biggest influences.

Generally, though, his no-nonsense style of performance gets him a lot of respect over here in Britain and he is considered one of the all time great frontmen.

Second, Some Oasis songs do sound similar, yes, such as Wonderwall and D'You Know What I Mean or Whatever and Don't Look Back In Anger (the latter only in chords). I think if the channel had shown the whole gig you'd have seen that there are only a couple of instances of that, though. Also, the words 'shine', 'time' and 'mind' do often feature in the lyrics, because Noel, who is the cheif songwriter, likes how Liam sings those words.

Last of all, I really like their version of Cum On Feel The Noize, and I definitely prefer it to the original.

I'd also like to add that if any of that came across as me being angry or having a go, that it's nothing of the sort :)

Oh no it's all cool no negativity here at least between me and you.

See though that’s the problem, I don't want to get the feeling that an artist is just there to get the job done and get their paycheck because to me then they don't want to really be there. Then if the artist doesn't want to be there than I don't want to be there and I can't enjoy myself.

Also going back to his depressed kind of attitude, you can't sing a song like Cum on feel the Noize with his kind personality. That song is an upbeat party song; it's a feel good song and Liam just takes the joy away from the song that shows in his performance. Now that’s his own style and that’s find, but just give me a "You guys have been ****ing great" or something that’s all. Very good voice!!!!!

JerseyMan 11-05-2008 11:57 PM

I must admit as a hardcore Beatles fan, that i disliked Oasis mostly their attitude towards the beatles when they tried to compare themselves to The legend that the Beatles are, its kind of a silly joke... Still i really liked "Be here Now" when it came out, altough some years later, i stopped listening to them, i can stand some songs, because they bring me great memories, i just cant stand when they bash Anything related to the Beatles

Butters 11-06-2008 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyMan (Post 887742)
I must admit as a hardcore Beatles fan, that i disliked Oasis mostly their attitude towards the beatles when they tried to compare themselves to The legend that the Beatles are, its kind of a silly joke... Still i really liked "Be here Now" when it came out, altough some years later, i stopped listening to them, i can stand some songs, because they bring me great memories, i just cant stand when they bash Anything related to the Beatles

When they bash The Beatles? The Beatles are their heroes. I've never once heard anyone from Oasis bash them on any occasion. John Lennon is a god to Liam Gallagher and so much of Noel's songwriting has been inspired by the music of The Beatles.

And for the record, Oasis are a far better band and Noel a far superior songwriter.

Tixy 11-06-2008 01:36 AM

Exactly!

The new video (which is beautiful btw) even has the bloody Lennon interview in it still.

Supersonic 11-06-2008 06:35 PM

Aloha !

You obviously haven't got any idea of what sarcasm and taking the piss means. I could explain every quote you just posted but it wouldn't help either. Right now you just mostly come across as an idiot. ****ing hell.

And with that said, they're not bashing the Beatles in all the quotes you just posted.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

JerseyMan 11-06-2008 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 887828)
Aloha !

You obviously haven't got any idea of what sarcasm and taking the piss means. I could explain every quote you just posted but it wouldn't help either. Right now you just mostly come across as an idiot. ****ing hell.

And with that said, they're not bashing the Beatles in all the quotes you just posted.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

dont get me wrong, i really like many of their songs, and besides i was not tryin to hurt people`s feelings, as for the insults, i dont know why ,because i didnt bash no one personally

Ferret 11-06-2008 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 887828)
Aloha !

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

He didn't post any quotes :confused:

jade4jovi 11-06-2008 08:06 PM

...Yes he did, silly!

Ferret 11-06-2008 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jade4jovi (Post 887845)
...Yes he did, silly!

Ummm...where?

Supersonic 11-07-2008 01:27 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferret (Post 887853)
Ummm...where?

The reply is gone but there was a reply filled with quotes.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

mo_rizwan 11-07-2008 08:11 PM

I need a standing ticket for Wembley Stadium.

If anyone have any spares, PM me.

Thanx :)

Supersonic 11-07-2008 08:14 PM

Aloha !

Fans with godawful signatures like yours should not go and see Oasis.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

mo_rizwan 11-07-2008 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 887950)
Fans with godawful signatures like yours should not go and see Oasis.

Thanx for that :)

hometownboy 11-07-2008 08:25 PM

that sig is pretty bad, it left me pretty speechless, you should beat it Mo! but maybe we could give you one more chance i don't wanna be startin' somethin'

haha that was sad :p

mo_rizwan 11-07-2008 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometownboy (Post 887957)
that sig is pretty bad, it left me pretty speechless, you should beat it Mo! but maybe we could give you one more chance i don't wanna be startin' somethin'

haha that was sad :p

That was Awful too.....I've heard worse from Jacko Maniacs :D

hometownboy 11-08-2008 11:59 AM

haha i know , was pretty bad hey, i dont even know that many jackson songs so i did struggle :p

anyway back on topic! the new video is pretty cool and i reckon i'm outta time is one of the best on the album :D