Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Hysteria (Deluxe Edition) (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=36816)

Dave 1986 07-22-2013 12:42 AM

You're welcome.:cool:

I know, I'd much rather this sort of show than just a vanilla set like they've been doing since around 2005(?). They really dug deep with the first half of the show. Songs like "Slang", "Good Morning Freedom" and tracks from the first album. I saw that clip of "Don't Shoot Shotgun" which was awesome, though I've never seen any clips of it from the Hysteria tour to compare it to. What with this being their first official full concert video in 25 years, this makes it all the more special.

The blu ray version is the one I'm gonna snap up!

It's a pretty nifty site as opposed to their official one.

Dave 1986 08-10-2013 01:58 AM

Amazon.com has the Slang reissue listed for August 27th.

Def Leppard - Def Leppard - Slang (Deluxe... Def Leppard - Def Leppard - Slang (Deluxe...

Bleeding Purist 08-10-2013 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1149973)

Hope that is real. ... but the band hasn't said anything.

In other news, I'm quite happy at the track list for Viva Hysteria!

Captain_jovi 08-10-2013 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1149973)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...w_bottom_links

OH HELL YES.

yomamasofat 08-11-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 1149975)
Hope that is real. ... but the band hasn't said anything.

In other news, I'm quite happy at the track list for Viva Hysteria!

Pretty much the best thing they've done for ages. Live DVD of the year winner for sure.

Bleeding Purist 09-01-2013 03:40 AM

Def Leppard - VIVA! Hysteria [2 CD/DVD... Def Leppard - VIVA! Hysteria [2 CD/DVD...
There are now audio samples of every track for the upcoming Viva Hysteria release. I've actually found myself on quite the Def Leppard kick as of late all due to the lead up to this release. I had planned to go to one of the shows myself as it was quite convenient for me, but it's not been a good year for going to shows.

Oddly enough... I found myself revisiting Adrenalize and planning to order the Deluxe Edition. I mostly want the B-Sides. There are some pretty good live versions in that set. I also finally discovered "Tonight," which I always ignored. So I'd like to have it in remastered form. That's not to say I'm finding new love for the album as it is overrun with pure over-formulated sugary crap. I never really categorized "Tonight," just noted that the band often referred to it during the recording process leading up to the album as having a "Foolin"-type of vibe and found it underwhelming through those eyes. It's definitely got more quality to it that makes it stand out from the pack.

I've been avoiding getting my heart set on it, but the Slang Deluxe set is also another factor for the recent resurgence. I never did get my hands on my own copy of "Truth (Demo Version) so I'd love to get it on disc, to say nothing of everything else they are talking about.

I'll be ordering the Blu Ray, out October 22nd in the U.S according to Amazon.

Captain_jovi 09-01-2013 02:48 PM

I've always thought Move with me slowly is one that got away. What are your thoughts on that one?

Dave 1986 09-01-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 1151533)
Oddly enough... I found myself revisiting Adrenalize and planning to order the Deluxe Edition. I mostly want the B-Sides. There are some pretty good live versions in that set. I also finally discovered "Tonight," which I always ignored. So I'd like to have it in remastered form. That's not to say I'm finding new love for the album as it is overrun with pure over-formulated sugary crap. I never really categorized "Tonight," just noted that the band often referred to it during the recording process leading up to the album as having a "Foolin"-type of vibe and found it underwhelming through those eyes. It's definitely got more quality to it that makes it stand out from the pack.

I've been avoiding getting my heart set on it, but the Slang Deluxe set is also another factor for the recent resurgence. I never did get my hands on my own copy of "Truth (Demo Version) so I'd love to get it on disc, to say nothing of everything else they are talking about.

My opinion on Adrenalize is largley similar to yours. The album as a whole is crap but there are some redeeming features. I've always liked "Tonight" mainly for the groove but the song itself doesn't really sound like its about anything! And I don't get the "Foolin'" link. That and "Stand Up (Kick Love into Motion" are highlights for me. The bonus disc certainly beefs up the whole package and I'm sure you can find the Deluxe Edition pretty cheap now. I personally prefer the overall sound quality of the original CD myself (same goes for Pyromania and Hysteria) but that's just my preference.

I'm still pumped for the Slang Deluxe Edition for all the "new" material as much as anything as its probably the closest anyone will get to the band trying to revisit that sound instead of them writing another album in that vein. The "Truth?" Demo is great and almost stands up as its own song, though probably wouldn't have worked so well as it appears on the album.

Bleeding Purist 09-01-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1151541)
I've always thought Move with me slowly is one that got away. What are your thoughts on that one?

Definitely. I do have that one on disc. They were really into playing acoustically during this period and overall I find it a cleansing period for them as a band. So this track really sums up where they were. Move With Me Slowly should have been on the album and the second single. It's upbeat with a chorus that easily sticks with you. There is too much weight on the side of the darker songs leaving Slang and Work It Out as the only ones bringing some sunshine to the album.

All I Want Is Everything should have been a bonus track. It drags.. it's repetitive.. and a downer. It definitely should not have been a single. I like it, personally.. but it wasn't the best choice either as a single or as one of the regulars in setlist representing the album.

Bleeding Purist 09-01-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1151542)
I'm sure you can find the Deluxe Edition pretty cheap now. I personally prefer the overall sound quality of the original CD myself (same goes for Pyromania and Hysteria) but that's just my preference.

I was actually able to just order it from Amazon UK for $19.33 total. If I ordered from Amazon US it would have been $29.40.

Dave 1986 09-01-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 1151547)
I was actually able to just order it from Amazon UK for $19.33 total. If I ordered from Amazon US it would have been $29.40.

That's about fair I think, works out about £12. Thats about what I paid when it first came out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 1151547)
All I Want Is Everything should have been a bonus track. It drags.. it's repetitive.. and a downer. It definitely should not have been a single. I like it, personally.. but it wasn't the best choice either as a single or as one of the regulars in setlist representing the album.

I love "All I Want is Everything". I love how stripped down it feels. I'd say it was one of the more 'immediate' songs on Slang. It is quite a grim song but I wouldn't say it drags, at least on the album anyway. I can imagine it slowing things down a bit much at a live show though. Not sure about weather it was a wise choice for a single but I don't agree it should have been relagated to a bonus track.

I looked on Amazon.co.uk earlier and it looks like the Slang: Deluxe Edition has been pushed back to January 2014. :( It's been nearly 2 years since it was first announced as well.

Iceman 09-02-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1151541)

Oh, I love it. It's one of the best Lep song. I also think Burnout was great.

Ice

Dave 1986 01-05-2014 05:22 PM

Slang: DE is still listed on Amazon (Uk and US) for January 27th 2014 for £9.58, and it states that it's 2 discs.

Slang by Def Leppard: Amazon.co.uk: Music Slang by Def Leppard: Amazon.co.uk: Music
Phil Collen posted this on his Facebook back on the 2nd:

Quote:

"Should be interesting to see how Slang is received 2nd time out the gate..."
However there's been no "official word from the bands site and no artwork or tracklist. I don't know if I should feel excited or expect dissapointment. :mad:

Bleeding Purist 01-07-2014 09:03 PM

I'm doubtful with no real confirmation from the official site. You'd think they'd be promoting the hell out of it there at least. I won't get my hopes up either. I know it will come, but I imagine it will be later this year... possibly in conjunction with the release of new material.

Captain_jovi 01-07-2014 09:41 PM

"Along with a new album that no one will buy, here's a re-release of an album nobody bought!!"

Bleeding Purist 01-08-2014 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1159320)
"Along with a new album that no one will buy, here's a re-release of an album nobody bought!!"

Pretty much, unfortunately. I do hope that the new songs are actually good. i do not want more "Undefeated." "Kings of the World" was decent.

Captain_jovi 01-08-2014 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 1159344)
Pretty much, unfortunately. I do hope that the new songs are actually good. i do not want more "Undefeated." "Kings of the World" was decent.

I loved Kings of The World but it's a pretty blatant take-off of a Queen song. I forget which.

Raz0r 01-12-2014 08:45 PM

Def Leppard Taking Slang Approach To New Album
(Gibson) Def Leppard are getting ready to record the follow up to their 2008 album Songs From The Sparkle Lounge early this year. The band has found new inspiration stemming from their Las Vegas residency back in March of 2013 when the band would play their mega-hit album Hysteria in full each night.

Lead guitarist Phil Collen told Billboard that the band plan on recording as much as possible of the album live, just like they did in 1996 with Slang. The album, which was nowhere near as popular as their '80s material, has matured well over time and is coveted by the band's hard-core fans.

Guitarist Vivian Campbell spoke on the delicate balance between Def Leppard's classic polished sound, and wanting to spread their wings: "I think sometimes you just got to let it happen. The other side of the equation is the band is successful for a certain sound. It's a brand like Coca-Cola and you've got to give the people what they expect. At the same time you have to move on."

The band also plan on returning to Las Vegas later in the year for another residency. "We're also going to be doing Viva Pyromania at some point at the end of next year," says Phil Collen. Pyromania from 1983 was Def Leppard's major breakthrough, as well as the album where they truly developed their trademark sound. - more on this story

Read more at http://www.antimusic.com/dayinrock/#Rb56P74zMyWjfSej.99

Bleeding Purist 01-13-2014 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raz0r (Post 1159922)

Lead guitarist Phil Collen told Billboard that the band plan on recording as much as possible of the album live, just like they did in 1996 with Slang. The album, which was nowhere near as popular as their '80s material, has matured well over time and is coveted by the band's hard-core fans.

I love this! It furthers my thinking that they will probably release the Deluxe version of Slang along with a new album. I do they take a Slang approach with the next material, not just in playing live, but caliber of lyrics. They can build on Slang by going further than they did with it by taking the writing excellent lyrics with depth, the live sound, while incorporating more elaborate arrangements within the songs.

In fact, referencing being inspired by playing the whole of Hysteria live might have put exactly that in them. Slang was pretty to the point in song arrangements, so the perfect way to nod to what made them successful could be to take the lyrical and live approach of Slang and meld it with Hysteria's more exotic song arrangements (more instrumental sections with twists and turns in the progression of the songs that avoid the usual verse, chorus, verse, guitar solo, chorus structure as many Hysteria songs did.) I always wanted them to do that as a follow up to Slang. Euphoria has songs like Day After Day, Kings of Oblivion, I Am Your Child, and Paper Sun that were pretty much songs you'd find on Slang, but with the Hysteria sound. This album would be songs with the Slang sound, but the Hysteria arrangements.

Raz0r 01-14-2014 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 1159933)
I love this! It furthers my thinking that they will probably release the Deluxe version of Slang along with a new album. I do they take a Slang approach with the next material, not just in playing live, but caliber of lyrics. They can build on Slang by going further than they did with it by taking the writing excellent lyrics with depth, the live sound, while incorporating more elaborate arrangements within the songs.

In fact, referencing being inspired by playing the whole of Hysteria live might have put exactly that in them. Slang was pretty to the point in song arrangements, so the perfect way to nod to what made them successful could be to take the lyrical and live approach of Slang and meld it with Hysteria's more exotic song arrangements (more instrumental sections with twists and turns in the progression of the songs that avoid the usual verse, chorus, verse, guitar solo, chorus structure as many Hysteria songs did.) I always wanted them to do that as a follow up to Slang. Euphoria has songs like Day After Day, Kings of Oblivion, I Am Your Child, and Paper Sun that were pretty much songs you'd find on Slang, but with the Hysteria sound. This album would be songs with the Slang sound, but the Hysteria arrangements.

Word, I'd love to hear an album like that as well. Very excited to see what we get. :)

Dave 1986 01-18-2014 12:09 PM

Tracklist for Slang Deluxe Edition, according to Amazon.co.uk, are as follows:

Disc: 1
1. Truth?
2. Turn To Dust
3. Slang
4. All I Want is Everything
5. Work It Out
6. Breathe A Sigh
7. Deliver me
8. Gift of Flesh
9. Blood Runs Cold
10. Where Does Love Go When It Dies
11. Pearl Of Euphoria
12. Move With me Slowly
13. Truth? (Original Version)
14. Burnout
15. Words Collide
16. Can't Keep Away From The Flame

Disc: 2
1. Turn to Dust (Phil Verse Vocal)
2. Raise Your Love
3. All I Want is Everything (1st Draft)
4. Work it Out (1st Draft)
5. Breathe A Sigh (Feb '96 Rough Mix)
6. Deliver Me (Feb '96 Rough Mix)
7. Black Train
8. Blood Runs Cold (Feb '96 Rough Mix)
9. Where Does Love Go When It Dies (1st Draft)
10. Pearl Of Euphoria (Feb '96 Rough Mix)
11. All On Your Touch (2012 Revisit)
12. Anger (Deliver me - 1st Draft)
13. Move On Up (Viv Demo)
14. Gift Of Flesh (PC Vocal)

iTunes Bonus Tracks
1. Truth? (Demo)
2. Work It Out (Demo)
3. All I Want is Everything (Demo)
4. Move With Me Slowly (Phil Chorus Vocal)
5. When Saturday Comes
6. Jimmy's Theme
7. Cause We Ended as Lovers
8. Led Boots

Product Description
Disc 1 features the original 11 track album, plus the Japanese edition bonus track "Move With Me Slowly", plus 4 additional songs including the 1999 B-side "Burn Out" Disc 2 features 14 bonus tracks including many early versions of the songs, some with Phil singing lead, Viv singing lead, and a recent re-visit of a Viv song that wasn't finished in time for the original release.

Disc 1 appears to be the original album plus previously available B-sides, though not all of them, whereas Disc 2 is all "new"/unreleased stuff. Plus I remember reading somewhere that there's going to be some further extra tracks (the remixes that have been mentioned?) available as download-only.

I'm still confused as to the extreme lack of official word on this release, as Hysteria DE was quite well promoted (by the band at least) as were Pyromania and Adrenalize. Also the price here is remarkably cheap at £9.58. The others were around the £12-15 mark over here. Not complaining though.

Captain_jovi 01-18-2014 04:54 PM

I wonder if it did that badly that they don't want to promote it as much as they did Hysteria.

Alas I am psyched for this. Phil singing Gift of Flesh? Hell yessss.

Dave 1986 01-18-2014 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1160193)
I wonder if it did that badly that they don't want to promote it as much as they did Hysteria.

Alas I am psyched for this. Phil singing Gift of Flesh? Hell yessss.

Could be, but you'd think the official site would have said something about it by now. Unless it suddenly gets delayed at the last minute, it definitely looks like it's happening!

I noticed the DE doesn't include the Acoustic in Singapore set from the original limited edition 2CD version, so I won't be retiring mine just yet.

Dave 1986 01-19-2014 09:39 PM

This is the deluxe edition album art apparently;

http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/produc...8268951518.JPG

http://www.overstock.com/#/Books-Mov...130815202631:s

Some intricate differences but largely the same. I like it.

Iceman 01-20-2014 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1160183)
Disc 1 appears to be the original album plus previously available B-sides, though not all of them, whereas Disc 2 is all "new"/unreleased stuff. Plus I remember reading somewhere that there's going to be some further extra tracks (the remixes that have been mentioned?) available as download-only.

I love Move With Me Slowly and Burn Out! There's at least one Slang-era track missing, Immortal. So maybe that's one of the extra tracks.

Quote:

I'm still confused as to the extreme lack of official word on this release, as Hysteria DE was quite well promoted (by the band at least) as were Pyromania and Adrenalize. Also the price here is remarkably cheap at £9.58. The others were around the £12-15 mark over here. Not complaining though.
You have to remember that Slang was a massive flop. The record company wouldn't want to spend money on advertising something that will, in all likelihood, be another flop.

Ice

Dave 1986 01-20-2014 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 1160297)
I love Move With Me Slowly and Burn Out! There's at least one Slang-era track missing, Immortal. So maybe that's one of the extra tracks.

Me too. I think "Move with Me Slowly" was pretty much a given as a bonus track on this releases, and "Burnout" was one of my favourite Euphoria b-sides so I'm glad it's here. Yea I was hoping for a complete comprehensive list of b-sides (like "When Saturday Comes"), but if that's not the case, I'd much rather a disc of all new material than stuff I already own.

Quote:

You have to remember that Slang was a massive flop. The record company wouldn't want to spend money on advertising something that will, in all likelihood, be another flop.

Ice
Yea I can understand that. Shouldn't really complain, I'm just greatful it's actually being released!

Bleeding Purist 01-21-2014 08:48 PM

Yes! This is really happening! I may have to give Itunes some money, unfortunately, for the extra tracks

February 11th can't get here soon enough! http://planetmosh.com/def-leppard-to...ampaign=buffer
Def Leppard to release Deluxe Edition of Slang

Posted on January 21, 2014 by Ant May in Album Announcements

Def Leppard, one of the greatest arena rock bands, are pleased to announce the release of a Deluxe Edition of their 1996 classic album Slang across multiple formats through their own Bludgeon Riffola on February 10th, 2014.

The Slang reissue will be available in 3 formats: a CD Deluxe Edition and Digital Edition containing the original 11 album tracks re-mastered and original rare bonus tracks made up of demos, alternate versions and mixes with a series of new songs recorded during the time the band was creating Slang. Most of these additional bonus tracks have never been released. A special iTunes Digital Edition will have everything from the Digital Edition, plus a further set of additional bonus tracks. A Double Vinyl Deluxe Edition will also be available and will feature the original album, and its own set of exclusive songs.

The band will release a special Slang Video Collection the same day (February 11th) exclusively on iTunes that will feature videos from singles “Slang,” “Work It Out,” and “All I’ve Ever Wanted.”

Slang was first released in May 1996 and is considered the band’s most underrated album. At the time of its release, the music industry was at the height of the 90s grunge scene and Def Leppard with bands like Nirvana, Stone Temple Pilots and Pearl Jam were dominating the airwaves. Despite this musical shift, Slang charted on the Top Five UK Official Chart and the Top 15 in the US on Billboard’s Top 200 Chart. The album was also voted in the Top Ten Albums of 1996 by the UK’s prestigious Q magazine. As a testament to their music transcending through time, Slang was recognized for its musical departure from the band’s signature sound. The collection incorporated new sonic elements that gave the album a slightly darker introspective mood than their previous releases. As Phil Collen stated in an interview with Metal Hammer UK, “We’ve all got personal things that have happened during the recording of Slang, and we’ve just ploughed on and some of it has come out on the record.”

With more than 65 million albums sold worldwide and two prestigious Diamond Awards in the USA, Def Leppard – Joe Elliott (vocals),Phil Collen (guitar), Rick “Sav” Savage (bass), Vivian Campbell (guitar) and Rick Allen (drums) — continue to be one of the most important forces in rock music. Over the course of their career the band has produced a series of classic groundbreaking albums that set the bar for generations of music fans and artists alike. The group’s spectacular live shows and arsenal of hits have become synonymous with their name, leading Def Leppard to be heralded as an institution in both the music and touring industry.

Slang Deluxe Edition tracklistings:

CD/ Digital Edition

Disc 1
1. Truth?
2. Turn to Dust
3. Slang
4. All I Want Is Everything
5. Work It Out
6. Breathe a Sigh
7. Deliver Me
8. Gift of Flesh
9. Blood Runs Cold
11. Pearl of Euphoria
12. Move with Me Slowly
13. Truth? (Original Version)
14. Burn Out
15. Worlds Collide
16. Can’t Keep Away from the Flame

Disc 2
1. Turn to Dust (1st Draft)
2. Raise Your Love
3. All I Want Is Everything (1st Draft)
4. Work It Out (1st Draft)
5. Breathe a Sigh (Rough Mix)
6. Deliver Me (Rough Mix)
7. Black Train
8. Blood Runs Cold (Rough Mix)
9. Where Does Love Go When It Dies (1st Draft)
10. Pearl of Euphoria (Rough Mix)
11. All on Your Touch (2012 Revisit)
12. Anger Me (Deliver Me -1st Draft)
13. Move on Up (Viv Demo)
14. Gift of Flesh (Phil Vocal)

Double 180g Vinyl

Side 1
1. Truth?
2. Turn to Dust
3. Slang
4. All I Want Is Everything
5. Work It Out

Side 2
6. Breathe a Sigh
7. Deliver Me
8. Gift of Flesh
9. Blood Runs Cold

Side 3
11. Pearl of Euphoria
12. Move with Me Slowly
13. Truth? (original version)

Side 4
14. Burn Out
15. Worlds Collide
16. Can’t Keep Away from the Flame
17. All on Your Touch (2012 Revisit)
18. Black Train

Read more: http://rockbrigade.proboards.com/thr...#ixzz2r42gXzTS

Raz0r 01-26-2014 03:17 PM

Just two and a half more weeks, I'm stoked. And I can't wait until then next studio album, I hope it's not to far off.

It's a shame this album didn't catch on more in the US back in the day. It's a lot like Warrant's Belly to Belly; in many ways some of the best material they've ever put out, up to day with the mid 90's rock scene, but people didn't give them a chance. Dam shame.

Dave 1986 01-26-2014 03:40 PM

Audio samples of the new album are up on Amazon now. Plus the UK release date has been pushed back to February 11th, which was expected. You're basically getting an entire first draft of the original album. Still interested to see what digital download tracks we'll be getting.

By the way, check the official website at the moment...

Raz0r 01-28-2014 04:13 PM

Def Leppard's Joe Elliott Producing Black Star Riders Album
(hennemusic) Def Leppard frontman Joe Elliott will produce the sophomore album by Thin Lizzy off-shoot Black Star Riders, the band revealed to fans on Monday.

Black Star Riders will enter the studio in Dublin, Ireland in October to start recording the follow-up to 2013's "All Hell Breaks Loose" with Elliott and Def Leppard engineer Ronan McHugh.

"Joe Elliott's passion, enthusiasm for music, as a fan, artist and friend is unquestionable and Ronan McHugh is a phenomenal engineer," says singer Ricky Warwick. "Personally having worked with these guys before, it was a no brainer when they said they would like to produce the new BSR album. We are confident that this will be a huge leap forward in the evolution of BSR."

"Having worked with [guitarist] Scott [Gorham] on the Thin Lizzy remixes a few years ago & having produced Ricky's 1st 2 solo albums, I'm looking forward to taking our musical journey together even further," adds Elliott. "We're aiming to make a serious leap forward with the next album & I'm proud to be able to contribute to the next chapter in the BSR story.

Read more at http://www.antimusic.com/dayinrock/#9x8uIQAYljZuSxEV.99

Dave 1986 02-10-2014 02:02 AM

Slang is available on iTunes now and the digital-only tracks are as follows:

1. Truth? (Demo)
2. Work It Out (Demo)
3. All I Want is Everything (Demo)
4. Move With Me Slowly (Phil Chorus Vocal)
5. When Saturday Comes
6. Jimmy's Theme
7. Cause We Ended as Lovers
8. Led Boots

To my knowledge, the ones in bold have never been released before. I listened to the clip of AIWiE Demo and it sounds awesome. Not as bleak as the album version. More energy akin to "classic" Leppard.

Bleeding Purist 02-11-2014 05:51 AM

I saw the news on the 8 tracks earlier today. I'll have to check iTunes at midnight tonight.

I have the Vinyl and CD on the way from Amazon. This is the first vinyl I've bought since what was probably a KISS bootleg in the early 90's. I recently got my phonograph up and going. It's been so long since I've heard vinyl that I never appreciated the difference until now. I'm kicking myself for not grabbing up copies over the years. Really going to enjoy Slang this way.

All in all I'm buying 3 versions (unless I'm allowed to grab the bonus 8 on iTunes as individual tracks.)

Iceman 02-11-2014 09:17 AM

It's all on Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/album/1P6GUw6ld7D5YvKDL0vmTU along with the commentary as well: http://open.spotify.com/album/5pygPiFFauRR4cklfOLEav

Ice

Dave 1986 02-11-2014 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 1161877)
All in all I'm buying 3 versions (unless I'm allowed to grab the bonus 8 on iTunes as individual tracks.)

You can still buy the individual tracks. I've got the 3 unreleased tracks already on my iPhone and am now just waiting for my CD version. The b-sides I already own on the original singles.

Bleeding Purist 02-11-2014 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1161905)
You can still buy the individual tracks. I've got the 3 unreleased tracks already on my iPhone and am now just waiting for my CD version. The b-sides I already own on the original singles.

I did buy the 8 songs individually earlier this evening after getting home from work. I never owned any of them since I didn't bother with the singles containing them at the time. I only went for the "Breathe A Sigh" singles containing the live tracks. Good deal at least being able to buy them without getting the whole album.

Amazon is supposed to deliver my CD and LP between the 14th and 17th. I'm doing Spotify until then.

ezearis 02-11-2014 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 1161897)

Really cool, I looked for it last night and it wasn't up. Will listen to it later. Everyday I think that paying Spotify Premium is worth it.

By the way, I really like the Rough mix of Blood Runs Cold.

Bleeding Purist 02-11-2014 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1161909)
Everyday I think that paying Spotify Premium is worth it.

Absolutely! I've been paying premium for a number of years now. How can any music fan not? Slang appearing on Spotify is a big deal. Anyone discovering Def Leppard digitally is listening to Mirror Ball, the re-recorded singles, and Viva Hysteria. Slang is the first studio album to hit Spotify. It really is getting another chance for discovery by a new audience, as it well deserves, with a fresh perspective.

ezearis 02-11-2014 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 1161914)
Absolutely! I've been paying premium for a number of years now. How can any music fan not? Slang appearing on Spotify is a big deal. Anyone discovering Def Leppard digitally is listening to Mirror Ball, the re-recorded singles, and Viva Hysteria. Slang is the first studio album to hit Spotify. It really is getting another chance for discovery by a new audience, as it well deserves, with a fresh perspective.

Well, I've been a premium user only for a few months. September, actually. Because though I've been a Spotify user for 4 years now, I couldn't pay it as it wasn't available in my country. I loved Spotify back then and now with premium I love it even more, here it's only at 4.60 USD so it's a pretty good deal.

And everything you say it's true, Spotify is a big deal as a lot of people can discover some records like Slang with some clicks. I can't count the ammount of bands that I've discovered because of this, or albums that I've never listened because I didn't wanted to buy them or take the time to download them, and now I can because it's only a few clicks away.

My only critices are that the Radio repeats a lot the same tracks, what's pretty bad, the bad tags "Song - 2013 remaster; 2013 version", and that the catalog in my country it's lacking some bands and albums. But I think it's worth it.

Dave 1986 02-11-2014 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 1161907)
I did buy the 8 songs individually earlier this evening after getting home from work. I never owned any of them since I didn't bother with the singles containing them at the time. I only went for the "Breathe A Sigh" singles containing the live tracks. Good deal at least being able to buy them without getting the whole album.

Amazon is supposed to deliver my CD and LP between the 14th and 17th. I'm doing Spotify until then.

I got hold of the singles off eBay years ago (except for "Breathe a Sign") and my CD got dispatched from Amazon yesterday so it should arrive between tomorrow and Saturday. I can essentially "make" the full Deluxe Edition from all that. If I had a turntable I would happily snap up the vinyl edition as well.

Dave 1986 04-19-2014 07:44 PM

Euphoria [Deluxe Edition]

Joe mentioned Euphoria Deluxe Edition...

http://www.deflepparduk.com/2014newsapr104.html

...the band obtain the rights in June, so we'll probably see it around 2018. :D

By the way, what did everyone think of the Slang DE? No ones mentioned it since it's been out. Not even me.

The b-sides on disc 1 I'd already heard, though the 1st draft of the album on disc 2, whilst enjoyable, I felt somewhat underwhelmed. There just wasn't much to go back to. I loved "All on Your Touch". The guitars kinda reminded me of "When Love and Hate Collide". I wish we get songs with this much soul on the new album. "Raise Your Love" was pretty good as well. It's an early draft of the title track but sort of stands up as it's own song as well.

Oh and a special nod to the retro 90's style fat-box duel case it's housed in!