Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Jon's shot voice (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70053)

Captain_jovi 03-21-2023 01:58 PM

Bruce also has a song called Last Man Standing, from 2020's Letters to You.

I also don't think him not touring for the band's 40th is an indication it's intentional. 2024 is what the band considers year 40, not 2023. Signed a contract and Runaway was out, yeah but it's abundantly clear that's not part of it. Like someone said, Crossroad was a 10 year best of, the box set was 20 years. It's gonna stay quiet until that all launches.

Litneg 03-21-2023 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1284617)
Yeah he was supposed to sign with Springsteen at a Florida gig this year. He backed out at the end.

Oh, true. I remember seeing the picture of that setlist surfacing online

bonjovi90 03-21-2023 07:48 PM

That's interesting given that he he even joined Billy Joel onstage three years ago when his voice had already gone really bad. Was surprised when he didn't do much other than bringing balloons to McCartney last year and this is another little piece that may underline the "voice gone too far" theory. I mean, I love Springsteen's stuff, but it isn't vocally challenging for most parts.

nikos greece 03-21-2023 08:49 PM

if the voice is gone is true he wouldnt agreee to sing in the first place...

i think he wants to wait before he sings in public again

bonjovi90 03-21-2023 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikos greece (Post 1284628)

i think he wants to wait before he sings in public again

Seems logical as the last decade has shown that the longer he waits, the better his voice gets...

angelsambo 05-01-2023 08:26 PM

do you see any improvement in his voice?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Crs57kuL1GV/

liljovi93 05-01-2023 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1284993)

He sounds better than other times I've heard him talk recently but it's only 5 seconds so hard to say.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

bonjovi90 05-01-2023 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1284993)

No. Voices warm up when you talk up more and no one knows at which point of the speech this was taken. But it sounds as hoarse as in the past months, unfortunately.

liljovi93 05-04-2023 09:06 AM

No his voice is still knackered. Listening to him with Howard Stern yesterday, he sounds absolutely awful when he's talking. Sad to hear.

Jack27 05-04-2023 11:14 AM

Prior to the disaster tour last year, his talking voice was fine. So...could his hoarse voice now just be another sign that he's had surgery and this is part of the recovery? Also maybe while they're waiting to do everything next year?

bonjovi90 05-04-2023 12:14 PM

He probably just has a cold and needs to rest his voice a few decades more. I'm sure that with enough rest, Jon can easily get back to his 2011 level. [emoji849]

Gesendet von meinem X30 mit Tapatalk

Walleris 05-04-2023 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1285039)
He probably just has a cold and needs to rest his voice a few decades more. I'm sure that with enough rest, Jon can easily get back to his 2011 level. [emoji849]

Good one. I also like the "I'm sure he could decently handle a 15-minute set", usually before or immediately after Super Bowl, as well as, "he only sounds bad because he doesn't have Richie's backup vocals to support him".

blazeofglory 05-04-2023 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1285040)
I also like the "I'm sure he could decently handle a 15-minute set", usually before or immediately after Super Bowl.

That one is always particularly baffling to me. I mean, yeah sure, a 15-minute set would be easier than a 2-hour set, but his voice is a mess literally from note 1. In what universe would it be a good idea to have him sing at an event like the Super Bowl of all places?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blazeofglory 05-04-2023 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1285039)

He’ll be back to his 2011 level just in time for the band’s 100th anniversary!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

angelsambo 05-06-2023 11:11 AM

It’s been great working with Jon Bon Jovi this week!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr4nPQVt3bx/

''Valerie Morehouse(Vocal Coach):Hope John is doing great ! Saw him for a few lessons''

DryCounty 05-06-2023 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1285071)
It’s been great working with Jon Bon Jovi this week!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr4nPQVt3bx/

''Valerie Morehouse(Vocal Coach):Hope John is doing great ! Saw him for a few lessons''

Interesting! That kind of explain the quietness from the Bon Jovi camp if Jon is working with vocal coaches to get back to somewhat standard. I don’t have much hope for it but at least good to see him doing something.

Butters 05-06-2023 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryCounty (Post 1285073)
Interesting! That kind of explain the quietness from the Bon Jovi camp if Jon is working with vocal coaches to get back to somewhat standard. I don’t have much hope for it but at least good to see him doing something.

I'm pretty sure he thanked his vocal coaches in the liners of the last two albums.

bonjovi90 05-06-2023 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butters (Post 1285076)
I'm pretty sure he thanked his vocal coaches in the liners of the last two albums.

Yes and he's been openly talking about his work with vocal coaches since around 2014/15.

Captmorgs 05-11-2023 05:00 PM

What I don’t get is why Jon hasn’t been more forthcoming about the obvious struggles on the last tour and what he’s doing about it (I happen to believe he’s trying lots of things, possibly including surgery). It seems like it would make at least a portion of the fan base more sympathetic and tolerant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JoviForever 05-11-2023 07:13 PM

He’s had a vocal coach for years so that’s nothin new really.
Maybe the situation with his vocals are to the point where he’s trying everything to fix it before he comes out and confirms he’s done and it can’t be fixed!😕

Nige 05-11-2023 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captmorgs (Post 1285143)
What I don’t get is why Jon hasn’t been more forthcoming about the obvious struggles on the last tour and what he’s doing about it (I happen to believe he’s trying lots of things, possibly including surgery). It seems like it would make at least a portion of the fan base more sympathetic and tolerant.

Everything about the whole Jovi company is so secretive though, so this isn't out of character.

jovifan85 05-11-2023 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviForever (Post 1285144)
He’s had a vocal coach for years so that’s nothin new really.
Maybe the situation with his vocals are to the point where he’s trying everything to fix it before he comes out and confirms he’s done and it can’t be fixed!😕

I suspect that his vocal cords are beyond repair, due to the way he misused his voice during his career and smoking.

So Sad....Bring back Ritchie Sambora and make the Final Album, and Farewall Tour....But I can't see JBJ lasting out a farewell Tour......

Logan72 05-11-2023 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan85 (Post 1285149)
Bring back Ritchie Sambora and make the Final Album, and Farewell Tour....But I can't see JBJ lasting out a farewell tour......

Very well said...and as for the last bit...I'd take all the trickery in the world to make it a success and end it on a final high. The man was David Lee Roth, Bono, Paul Stanley, Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen, Michael Hutchence, Steven Tyler, Mick Jagger and Prince....all times two to me! :)

sambos apprentice 05-11-2023 11:39 PM

There was a whole host of football ( soccer for the Mercian's ) who had injections in their knees/hips/thighs etc routinely and are now crippled . Was big news in the 90s.

Jon is clearly paying the price - smoking doesn't do THAT to your voice.

jovifan85 06-30-2023 06:11 PM

Here is a article that addresses how the voice changes as we age:

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2023-...ces-older.html

Could this article explain why JBJ's Vocals have gone?

Butters 06-30-2023 07:41 PM

I was speaking to somebody recently who had a mild stroke (in their basal ganglia - brain stem). This person had very few symptoms after the stroke other than completely losing their ability to sing. This person wasn't a professional singer or anything but their voice had been affected. Speaking voice was noticeably more "scratchy" and "thin" and could not sing in tune anymore.

I wonder (wild speculation, yes) if perhaps something similar may have occurred to Jon.

liljovi93 06-30-2023 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butters (Post 1285401)
I was speaking to somebody recently who had a mild stroke (in their basal ganglia - brain stem). This person had very few symptoms after the stroke other than completely losing their ability to sing. This person wasn't a professional singer or anything but their voice had been affected. Speaking voice was noticeably more "scratchy" and "thin" and could not sing in tune anymore.

I wonder (wild speculation, yes) if perhaps something similar may have occurred to Jon.

I said a while back I think Jon's had some sort of stroke. Can't just be me who thinks one side of his face has dropped a bit?

jovifan85 06-30-2023 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1285402)
I said a while back I think Jon's had some sort of stroke. Can't just be me who thinks one side of his face has dropped a bit?

I wonder if JBJ will address any question (if someone is brave enough) in August on his Runaway Tours, on his vocal problems on the America Tour in 2022.

If there is a mini-tour for the New Album at least address if my vocals aren't going to get any better.....( not fair on those who want to wait for an improvement which isn't going happen or just wish and turn-up to a gig and believe all is better.)

Maybe JBJ will announce this Album is the penultimate one? Will be surprised IF this New Album is the Final one without Richie Sambora.....

jovifan85 06-30-2023 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan85 (Post 1285403)
I wonder if JBJ will address any question (if someone is brave enough) in August on his Runaway Tours, on his vocal problems on the America Tour in 2022.

If there is a mini-tour for the New Album at least address if my vocals aren't going to get any better.....( not fair on those who want to wait for an improvement which isn't going happen or just wish and turn-up to a gig and believe all is better.)

Maybe JBJ will announce this Album is the penultimate one? Will be surprised IF this New Album is the Final one without Richie Sambora.....

All will be revealed in August.....

Butters 06-30-2023 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1285402)

I haven't been paying much attention but I haven't noticed anything. Are there any videos or photos you could share where you noticed it?

Rdkopper 06-30-2023 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan85 (Post 1285403)

It was canceled. I'm sure it's vocal related

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk

liljovi93 06-30-2023 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butters (Post 1285407)
I haven't been paying much attention but I haven't noticed anything. Are there any videos or photos you could share where you noticed it?

https://youtu.be/oLQ5C1r0jG8

I always felt like this clip at the start didn't look right. Could just be the angle maybe.

Also, the clips when his eye twitches on the 2019/2020 tour for example.

Just a few things. Probably rubbish but I just got the sense he'd had some sort of mini stroke.

Butters 06-30-2023 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1285409)
https://youtu.be/oLQ5C1r0jG8

I always felt like this clip at the start didn't look right. Could just be the angle maybe.

Also, the clips when his eye twitches on the 2019/2020 tour for example.

Just a few things. Probably rubbish but I just got the sense he'd had some sort of mini stroke.

Thanks.

I don't see anything unusual in that video. Everyone's face is asymmetrical to some degree, and selfie cameras like that accentuate it.

The simplest explanation is usually right. It's probably just the consequence of 30+ years of hard touring.

The only thing that made me think it might have been something more sinister is the scar on his neck.

jovifan85 06-30-2023 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1285408)
It was canceled. I'm sure it's vocal related

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk

I wish Jon would be honest with the fans on what's going on....Yes A New Album is coming and A Anniversary Box Set. But to sing Live?.....Can he peform a 1 off event? let alone a mini-tour for the New Album? Not to mention the Farewell Tour?......If can't forget about singing the New Album and just rest until to the Final Album.....Not that he's going to sound better.....

semigoodlooking 07-01-2023 01:07 AM

Singing on the albums is neither here nor there. We will be able to tell his voice is shot but technology will mask the worst of it.

Touring, that's another matter. Unless there is a drastic improvement I can't see how he ever goes back out on the road. If he tours with his voice in the state it was last time, it will show he doesn't really care and just wants the cash. Even casuals are onto it now, so he isn't going to be fooling anybody.

StickToYourGuns45 07-01-2023 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan85 (Post 1285411)
I wish Jon would be honest with the fans on what's going on....Yes A New Album is coming and A Anniversary Box Set. But to sing Live?.....Can he peform a 1 off event? let alone a mini-tour for the New Album? Not to mention the Farewell Tour?......If can't forget about singing the New Album and just rest until to the Final Album.....Not that he's going to sound better.....

Interesting, assuming this will be stuff that has previously aired. Will check it out regardless.

Alphavictim 07-01-2023 01:40 PM

While it's possible that he had a stroke (I mean, sure, why not) - his voice has been declining for decades. Would a stroke really be the most logical explanation at this point?

B.J. Always 07-01-2023 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlooking (Post 1285413)
Singing on the albums is neither here nor there. We will be able to tell his voice is shot but technology will mask the worst of it.

Touring, that's another matter. Unless there is a drastic improvement I can't see how he ever goes back out on the road. If he tours with his voice in the state it was last time, it will show he doesn't really care and just wants the cash. Even casuals are onto it now, so he isn't going to be fooling anybody.

Did he try to mask anything on 2020? If so, that was a big fail. The only song I can stand to listen to is Limitless. That being said I don't understand why Limitless was O.K. to me vocally and the rest of the album was not?

jovifan85 07-01-2023 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StickToYourGuns45 (Post 1285415)
Interesting, assuming this will be stuff that has previously aired. Will check it out regardless.

I'm presuming with the New Bon Jovi Album released in 2024, knowing JBJ there could be a mini-tour whether that's for the New Album or the Anniversiary.

Cancelling the Runaway Tours in August perhaps indicates that Jon is in a bad shape, and should just release the New Album and Box Set without Touring in 2024, I think 2025 will be the last Album with Richie ( Hopefully) and Farewall Tour if Jon's voice can hold-out.

jovifan85 07-01-2023 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B.J. Always (Post 1285420)
Did he try to mask anything on 2020? If so, that was a big fail. The only song I can stand to listen to is Limitless. That being said I don't understand why Limitless was O.K. to me vocally and the rest of the album was not?

Jon's vocals on 2020 seemed his current state of singing voice ( very few Jon Shanks tricks) I still enjoy listening to it: Brothers in Arms, Limitless, Let in Rain, Beautiful Drug, Shine, Luv Can and Blood in the Water.

Even if JBJ's vocals are gone i'm still hoping for a few ok Songs on the New Album. Songs like Blood in the Water, surprised me, sure it's hard to sing I prefer that than easy song ( if there even is for Jon)