Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Bruuuuce (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=53654)

Jim Bon Jovi 06-20-2012 08:41 PM

Amazing he's still doing that.

I finish up work for the Summer tomorrow and was going to go to manchester and wing it but I can't find any reasonably priced accomodation and an 11 hour round drive doesn't appeal so I'll just have to wait until London :(

KeepTheFaith2211 06-22-2012 09:54 PM

Saw Bruce last night in sunderland. My brother and his girlfriend were going but he came off his bike. Hurt his knee but was alright. Gave me and my other brother the tickets. I had been saying all this month about how much I wanted to go but when I got in and found out I was pretty uninterested (that sounds bad). It was pissing down and it was at the stadium of light after all.

Basically...the guy is ****ing unreal. I've never seen anyone have as much fun on stage as he does. His interaction with the crowd is spot on, the band are really tight and they all pour every last drop of effort into it. Absolutely awesome concert. Not sure if I got anything special (I don't think I did) but here's the set. He played for about three hours and ten minutes.

Badlands
We Take Care Of Our Own
Wrecking Ball
Death To My Hometown
City Of Ruins
Spirit In The Night
Does This Bus Stop At 82nd Street?
Jack Of All Trades
Youngstown
Muder Incorporated
Johnny 99
Working On The Highway
Shackled & Drawn
Waitin' On A Sunny Day
Promised Land
Point Blank
The River
The Rising
Out In The Street
Land Of Hope And Dreams/People Get Ready

We Are Alive
Thunder Road
Born To Run
Hungry Heart
Seven Nights To Rock
Glory Days
Dancing In The Dark
Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out

Mongoose 06-22-2012 10:51 PM

Does This Bus Stop at 82nd Street is fairly special in my opinion, but I've not been keeping an eye on set lists as I'm not going anywhere :(

Youngstown Muder Incorporated

Love that combo, as seen to best effect in the Live in NYC DVD. Did Nils do the ace solo in Youngstown?

Nige 06-23-2012 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 1084899)
Saw Bruce last night in sunderland. My brother and his girlfriend were going but he came off his bike. Hurt his knee but was alright. Gave me and my other brother the tickets. I had been saying all this month about how much I wanted to go but when I got in and found out I was pretty uninterested (that sounds bad). It was pissing down and it was at the stadium of light after all.

Basically...the guy is ****ing unreal. I've never seen anyone have as much fun on stage as he does. His interaction with the crowd is spot on, the band are really tight and they all pour every last drop of effort into it. Absolutely awesome concert. Not sure if I got anything special (I don't think I did) but here's the set. He played for about three hours and ten minutes

I was there too, and your review is spot on Sir! I've seen Bruce once before but with his Seager Sessions band, not the E Street band, and whilst it was very good it didn't compare to last nights show!

Kathleen 06-24-2012 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 1084899)

Basically...the guy is ****ing unreal. I've never seen anyone have as much fun on stage as he does. His interaction with the crowd is spot on, the band are really tight and they all pour every last drop of effort into it. Absolutely awesome concert. Not sure if I got anything special (I don't think I did) but here's the set. He played for about three hours and ten minutes.

Yes the guy is fcukin' unreal :) You got some awesome songs, the Youngstown/Murder Incorporated duo is awesome. You also got Working on the Highway, Point Blank (lucky bastard) , The River and Seven Nights to Rock - all of which are in addition to the main set. It may have been raining but still - at 3 hours and 10 minutes - you got a hell of a show.

Mongoose 06-24-2012 11:57 AM

Oops, didn't spot point blank ;o

Matthes 06-24-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1084937)
Yes the guy is fcukin' unreal :) You got some awesome songs, the Youngstown/Murder Incorporated duo is awesome. You also got Working on the Highway, Point Blank (lucky bastard) , The River and Seven Nights to Rock - all of which are in addition to the main set. It may have been raining but still - at 3 hours and 10 minutes - you got a hell of a show.

"Working on the highway" and "The River" are constantly in the european setlists. Anyway I take "The River" everytime - such a classic. ;)

"Seven nights to rock" fits perfectly in the encore slot. In Cologne this song in combination with "Dancing in the dark" was so much fun. Look at this:

I have to add that Jake is such a great musician and showman. Dancing, singing and playing to every single song with such a passion.

Thunderstrucker 06-24-2012 01:37 PM

The River is in the set constantly, Working on the Highway isn't.
The River was a very good performance and I was thrilled to finally hear it live.

I salute you,
TS

hometownboy 06-24-2012 05:52 PM

So i went to see Bruce in Manchester on Friday and it was fantastic! Once again I was majorly impressed. Finally got to hear songs such as; Atlantic City, Two Hearts, You Can Look, Cadillac Ranch, The Promise etc It was a cracking concert! Here's the set (which i thought was amazing)

Badlands
No Surrender
We Take Care Of Our Own
Wrecking Ball
Death to My Hometown
My City of Ruins
Spirit in the Night
The E Street Shuffle
Jack of All Trades
Atlantic City
Prove It All Night
(78 Intro)
Two Hearts
You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)
Darlington County
Shackled and Drawn
Waitin' on a Sunny Day
Save My Love
The Promise
(solo piano)
The River
The Rising
Out in the Street
Land of Hope and Dreams
Encore:
We Are Alive
Thunder Road
Born to Run
Bobby Jean
Cadillac Ranch
Dancing in the Dark
Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
Twist and Shout

KeepTheFaith2211 06-24-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1084937)

Oh I couldn't agree more. I've listened to Bruce and only Bruce since Thursday. I have been bitten by the bug!