Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora!!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70391)

Thinny 12-11-2020 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1271144)
But if you join his social media team, who will defend him on JT?

Oh there's plenty. Jackie, Eveline, Rolo, RD...oh wait, maybe not the last one ;)

Rdkopper 12-11-2020 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1271145)
Oh there's plenty. Jackie, Eveline, Rolo, RD...oh wait, maybe not the last one ;)

I'm a huge Richie fan... I'm just tough on him because I want to see him at his best.

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

Thinny 12-11-2020 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1271148)
I'm a huge Richie fan... I'm just tough on him because I want to see him at his best.

It was just a joke RD. Sarcasm at it's worst, probably! :p

rolo_tomachi 12-11-2020 06:11 PM

Orianthi's new album has had to do pretty bad for her to be with Richie again.

Sorry I just want to hear Richie Sambora songs, not Orianthi. She doesn't interest me.

Eveline 12-11-2020 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1271145)

Thanks Thinny for including me here but don't be so sure about me, either. I'm pretty much done with Jovi, present and past members included. Hope R will prove me wrong with his upcoming album, though.
And can't say I'm happy for R coming back to IG. Pretty sure it will be Ori posting crappy pics of/for him. She puts filters even on her freaking cat so can't say I'll enjoy them much *shrugs*

Thinny 12-11-2020 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1271158)
Thanks Thinny for including me here but don't be so sure about me, either. I'm pretty much done with Jovi, present and past members included. Hope R will prove me wrong with his upcoming album, though.
And can't say I'm happy for R coming back to IG. Pretty sure it will be Ori posting crappy pics of/for him. She puts filters even on her freaking cat so can't say I'll enjoy them much *shrugs*

Again, it was just a joke. I forgot that every comment here is taken so seriously... :rolleyes:

Eveline 12-11-2020 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1271162)
Again, it was just a joke. I forgot that every comment here is taken so seriously... :rolleyes:

Nah, it's ok. I guess I just wanted to share 😂

Thinny 12-11-2020 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eveline (Post 1271163)
Nah, it's ok. I guess I just wanted to share 😂

I feel your pain!

YOVANAfromPeru 12-15-2020 05:44 AM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...usic-chat.html

Santa Fe 12-15-2020 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1271155)
Orianthi's new album has had to do pretty bad for her to be with Richie again.

Sorry I just want to hear Richie Sambora songs, not Orianthi. She doesn't interest me.

Probably :)

on_m3rcur_7 12-15-2020 11:08 PM

https://www.whereseric.com/the-vault...t-eric-clapton

Interesting read about Mr. Bluesman from Eric's point of view.

Eveline 12-16-2020 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by on_m3rcur_7 (Post 1271296)

Thanks for sharing!

Walleris 12-17-2020 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by on_m3rcur_7 (Post 1271296)

This is awesome, thanks for sharing!

I wonder how many rockstars of that stature would be as humble to say things like these in public.

rickysambo 12-17-2020 06:42 AM

Yeah, remember reading it a few years back. Must have been fascinating for Ol' Rich to have Mr Slowhand obliging him, and what a nice way to approach/request!
Anyway, here's a fresh article with Herman Li (Dragonforce) where he's asked about guitar solos and individual tastes, and he mentions Richie:
"The first time I heard a guitar solo, which was Richie Sambora on a Bon Jovi song, I thought, 'Man, I love this sound. What is it?'

Alphavictim 12-17-2020 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickysambo (Post 1271330)
Yeah, remember reading it a few years back. Must have been fascinating for Ol' Rich to have Mr Slowhand obliging him, and what a nice way to approach/request!
Anyway, here's a fresh article with Herman Li (Dragonforce) where he's asked about guitar solos and individual tastes, and he mentions Richie:
"The first time I heard a guitar solo, which was Richie Sambora on a Bon Jovi song, I thought, 'Man, I love this sound. What is it?'

I was about to post this :D Good to see Richie getting some recognition. I wonder which song it was?

rickysambo 12-18-2020 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1271341)
I was about to post this :D Good to see Richie getting some recognition. I wonder which song it was?

Hehe, could have been any of the hits, all the solos back then were top notch stuff without reeking of overplaying.
Both the guitar guys from Dragonforce have mentioned Richie as an influence. Here's the other player (Sam Totman) a few years ago:
"Most of our songs are 200 beats per minute but we've got some that are 220 and 240 now. OK, you've got a really fast lead but you can hear a really fast lick in a Bon Jovi song.
Maybe not for quite as long as in a Dragonforce song but he (Richie) still plays some really fast stuff. So I think it's more constant speed. It's not like we're Impellitteri or something where we're the fastest guitar players ever.

YOVANAfromPeru 12-19-2020 11:41 PM

I heard the next RSO album is going to be called: "Too Much Filter..." >_< jaja (I'm joking)
https://www.instagram.com/p/CI-QRQmlDUg/

Burlhouse 12-21-2020 04:51 PM

A new article, but nothing new.

https://people.com/music/richie-samb...va-needed-him/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Captain_jovi 12-21-2020 05:05 PM

Love the clickbait title.

Kathleen 12-21-2020 10:59 PM

Graduating from Loyola Marymount is nothing to sneeze at. She obviously has done well for herself and for that I am glad. For all my anger at Richie for the way he left, he seems like a good Dad and that is important.

YOVANAfromPeru 12-22-2020 12:04 AM

I thought it was Christmas, not Halloween.
Seriously?

YOVANAfromPeru 12-22-2020 01:44 AM

long video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAEe...ature=youtu.be

Captain_jovi 12-22-2020 02:37 AM

Dude seems happy. That's enough for me.

angelsambo 12-22-2020 03:50 AM

don't know who looks more ****ed up,
richie sambora or tommy lee?

thesedays2014 12-22-2020 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1271450)
Dude seems happy. That's enough for me.

Yep.

Constantly criticizing how Richie (especially) or Jon looks? Go get a life. They’ve both had crazy fun packed ones full of rock n roll, family and work.

I suppose a lot of people on here have **** all else to do...😉

YOVANAfromPeru 12-22-2020 07:29 AM

It's just that he looks like a witch. And that's undeniable.

Thinny 12-22-2020 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesedays2014 (Post 1271452)
Yep.

Constantly criticizing how Richie (especially) or Jon looks? Go get a life. They’ve both had crazy fun packed ones full of rock n roll, family and work.

I suppose a lot of people on here have **** all else to do...😉

Obviously everyone here is a supermodel.

As Cap says he looks happy and that's great, he's talking about his new album coming out and the pics of him and Ava are lovely. More than enough for me, and really say it all about their relationship. Bring on the album!

Frizz 12-22-2020 10:28 AM

He looks well and is obviously incredibly proud of Ava. Good on him. I think everyone needs to remember they aren't young men anymore. I would be more suprised if he looked like some old fart in slacks and a plaid shirt.

If my Dad had have said half of those lovely things about me when he was alive I would have been thrilled.

richiefan95 12-22-2020 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1271453)
It's just that he looks like a witch. And that's undeniable.

Why are you every day commenting how Richie looks.
He can look the way he wants. You don't need to look at him. Considering his life style he doesn't look bad for a 61 year old guy.

I am glad he seems happy and wanting to tour again.

YOVANAfromPeru 12-22-2020 11:36 AM

It's just the hair.
He can do better.

steel_horse75 12-22-2020 11:51 AM

He looks ok to me. Hairs getting thin but that’s his age.
Glad he is doing well.
It’s nearly 2021 and he left nearly 8 years ago. I’m no longer interested in the whys and who’s. Jon’s said it was due to his problems and Richie says it was family. Who knows the truth and after 8 years, who cares.

I just want this album to rock and hopefully it will.

IMO he got out of Bon Jovi - whatever the reasons - at the right time going by the last 2 albums.

Time to turn it up to 11 Richie!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Johny 12-22-2020 03:49 PM

Sorry for going a bit offtopic now. But does anybody have a list of RSO live band members? I mean it changed a lot and I don't care for random performaces.
The 2016 tour had a lineup and also there were some shows in 2017. Can you help me out?

Btw, for those who missed this as I did. This is the full 2017-10-31 Soundstage performance. Honestly, this is the best thing of the whole RSO era.

https://youtu.be/dsegIVlcfbQ

Ok, one more time. How do I embed a youtube link here? If I copy the basic one, it puts there only the link. If I use embeded one, it puts in only text:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dsegIVlcfbQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bonjovi90 12-22-2020 05:04 PM

The standard link (not shortened, not the mobile URL) works. If it's not shown, it's down to your browser's settings.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Captain_jovi 12-22-2020 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 1271459)
Sorry for going a bit offtopic now. But does anybody have a list of RSO live band members? I mean it changed a lot and I don't care for random performaces.
The 2016 tour had a lineup and also there were some shows in 2017. Can you help me out?

At what point do you want the lineups to start at? I'm not sure when it officially became RSO, there was that period where it was Richie's band with Ori replacing David and then members got swapped in and out past that.

Johny 12-22-2020 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1271460)
The standard link (not shortened, not the mobile URL) works. If it's not shown, it's down to your browser's settings.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

Ok, another attempt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dseg...ilationStorage
I'm pathetic :D
This is the link from the address line. I see the videos you post there fine, so no browser, it's just me.

I'll need a personal guide :)

Johny 12-22-2020 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1271461)
At what point do you want the lineups to start at? I'm not sure when it officially became RSO, there was that period where it was Richie's band with Ori replacing David and then members got swapped in and out past that.

I have the lineup for the 2014 tour:
Luke Ebbin (keyboards, guitars), Curt Schneider (bass), Orianthi (guitars), Mike Farrell (keyboards) and Victor Indrizzo (drums). However, I think Aaron Sterling played drums at some of the shows as well.

I don't think it makes any sense to look up the musicians for one off shows so I'm mainly interested in the 2016 tour in Europe, Australia and Japan. Veronica Bellino played with t hem at some point. And then the Soundstage show from 2017. I'm trying to post here. They introduce the band members but I don't understand them.

I don't know if there are any other legs of tour or at least groups of shows.

Captain_jovi 12-22-2020 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 1271463)
I have the lineup for the 2014 tour:
Luke Ebbin (keyboards, guitars), Curt Schneider (bass), Orianthi (guitars), Mike Farrell (keyboards) and Victor Indrizzo (drums). However, I think Aaron Sterling played drums at some of the shows as well.

I don't think it makes any sense to look up the musicians for one off shows so I'm mainly interested in the 2016 tour in Europe, Australia and Japan. Veronica Bellino played with t hem at some point. And then the Soundstage show from 2017. I'm trying to post here. They introduce the band members but I don't understand them.

I don't know if there are any other legs of tour or at least groups of shows.

Lemme see if I can help. I know the drummer is Stefanie Eulinberg and the bassist is Michael Bradford.

bonjovi90 12-22-2020 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 1271462)
Ok, another attempt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dseg...ilationStorage
I'm pathetic :D
This is the link from the address line. I see the videos you post there fine, so no browser, it's just me.

I'll need a personal guide :)

You used an embedded and not the pure link. Remove this from your link:
"&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=LiverpoolF.C.Legends *CompilationStorage"

And it'll work.

Johny 12-22-2020 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1271465)
You used an embedded and not the pure link. Remove this from your link:
"&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=LiverpoolF.C.Legends *CompilationStorage"

And it'll work.

Wow! Thank you Mr. teacher :)

Next time a need to identify where to cut the link. However, it's kinda stupid that the forum is not able to display the link you get when you hit "share" on YouTube.

Johny 12-22-2020 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1271464)
Lemme see if I can help. I know the drummer is Stefanie Eulinberg and the bassist is Michael Bradford.

Excellent, thanks!

I know Michael Bradford but I hear her name for the first time. Maybe you'll be able to decipher the names from the show as well.