Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

JoviJovi 05-29-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1134841)
I was just about to post this link ( http://sicnoticias.sapo.pt/cultura/2...gal-ja-comecou ), but the video seems to be the same.

Jon comes full circle about Richie and Justin Bieber.

The Bieber thing is just nonsense anyway, but he just keeps talking in circles about Richie. I would have liked to hear something like "we are going to sit down and talk it out " or something. There was nothing positive said.

crashed 05-29-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1134842)
The Bieber thing is just nonsense anyway, but he just keeps talking in circles about Richie. I would have liked to hear something like "we are going to sit down and talk it out " or something. There was nothing positive said.

That presumes there is an issue between them to talk out.

JoviJovi 05-29-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1134843)

Yes, it does.

jessycardy 05-29-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1134842)

Somehow, he sounded more calm about it... Yeah, he didn't say anything "positive", but he didn't say anything negative either. And I think we all kinda feared that, with the stress and everything. But fortunately, it didn't come. He simply stated he's already said everything there is to say about it (which I'm willing to take as a "you won't be seeing us bitchfight on tabloids anymore") and went back to the old formal "he hasn't been fired" line, which I honestly will take any day of the week, after the scary dreadful statements we've been reading in the press lately.

About Bieber, yeah, it was non-sense to begin with, and I knew how things went from the very start, it was quite obvious. But it's good Jon addressed it.

jessycardy 05-29-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1134843)

Right, which is good to remind everyone it's not a given here. We don't really know jack.

afk 05-29-2013 04:58 PM

It's pretty clear that Jon is getting more and more pissed off about the whole thing. Richie is the one that let his own fans down so he needs to say something. To me, there is a Bon Jovi without Richie. However, when they play certain songs, of course we miss Richie.

Bounce7800 05-29-2013 05:06 PM

We seem to be assuming now that the feud is the reason for his absence, but it could still be that the "personal reasons" are legit, but the absence has caused this tension- rather than the tension being the cause of the absence.

Maybe Jon was perfectly happy for Richie to miss a leg, but thinks he should be back by now, or was certainly expecting him to be, and the continued absence is causing these issues.

The problem is that Richie's tweets, pictures and the like have made the original "personal reasons" difficult to fathom and so the leap to their being an issue between Jon & Richie is a logicial one given the lack of info we have.

crashed 05-29-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1134847)
Right, which is good to remind everyone it's not a given here. We don't really know jack.

Exactly. Richie's tweet about nothing being resolved was taken as a reference to an issue between him and Jon, but it could be custody arrangements, a schedule with his fashion business, anything.

CKatz 05-29-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afk (Post 1134848)
It's pretty clear that Jon is getting more and more pissed off about the whole thing. Richie is the one that let his own fans down so he needs to say something. To me, there is a Bon Jovi without Richie. However, when they play certain songs, of course we miss Richie.

Please don't speak for everyone. I miss Richie on every song, not just on certain songs.

crashed 05-29-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1134849)
Maybe Jon was perfectly happy for Richie to miss a leg, but thinks he should be back by now, or was certainly expecting him to be, and the continued absence is causing these issues.

That's my take on it. Before the 2nd leg absence the band seemed to be just "Richie has to take care of stuff" now it's more "ask Richie why he hasn't taken care of stuff."