Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

danfan 04-28-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1125203)
Jon don't sing with his foot, right?

Richie continued to play in the "HAND Tour" with a broken arm, and He is a guitarist.

Sambora is "The Real Trooper".

During one show he also shredded his finger, on his right hand, and kept on playing.

rolo_tomachi 04-28-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1125206)
During one show he also shredded his finger, on his right hand, and kept on playing.

Yes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB8zSJWTvd0#t=02m18s

My Finger Lies Bleeding In My Guitar.

The Rock 04-28-2013 01:34 PM

The page Bon Jovi Fan Club on facebook have put up a statues:

Richie should be back on May 7th!!! :))

No source information but that is what they write. It could be just a case of them stating that because that is the start date of the next leg.

https://www.facebook.com/JoviFanClub?hc_location=stream

samboraisgodUK 04-28-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1125210)
The page Bon Jovi Fan Club on facebook have put up a statues:

Richie should be back on May 7th!!! :))

No source information but that is what they write. It could be just a case of them stating that because that is the start date of the next leg.

https://www.facebook.com/JoviFanClub?hc_location=stream

Bollocks, they know bugger all. They've simply said that because it's the start date of the next leg. They've only got 553 likes and can't even spell "unofficial" correctly. Doesn't bode well.

_Gl4uBeR_ 04-28-2013 02:56 PM

I'm not sure what to think about this...

http://richiesambora.com/tour-dates/

Last week, there was the entire tour as "booked shows"... Now it says that...

Chris_Newton 04-28-2013 03:01 PM

i really dont think were gunna see him again this tour

alonso14 04-28-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Gl4uBeR_ (Post 1125225)
I'm not sure what to think about this...

http://richiesambora.com/tour-dates/

Last week, there was the entire tour as "booked shows"... Now it says that...

It only had a few shows on there that have been and gone, it didn't have the full tour.

fairtex444 04-28-2013 03:22 PM

I will be happy if he comes back , of course, because I have a ticket for Milan show.But since this tour doesn't excite me at all , it would be waaay more exciting if he doesn't show up in Africa..haha :evilbat:

Captain_jovi 04-28-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Richie continued to play in the "HAND Tour" with a broken arm, and He is a guitarist.

Yep, abandoning a tour after tickets and travel plans were arranged sure puts him in the trooper category.

rolo_tomachi 04-28-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1125232)
Yep, abandoning a tour after tickets and travel plans were arranged sure puts him in the trooper category.

Health comes first, I'm sure Richie has a good reason not to be on the road temporarily. But he will return, and salvage what's left of this pathetic tour.

Without Richie, the tour is bullshit. I think this still evident, although some also deceive themselves.

Captain_jovi 04-28-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1125234)
Health comes first, I'm sure Richie has a good reason not to be on the road temporarily. But he will return, and salvage what's left of this pathetic tour.

Without Richie, the tour is bullshit. I think this still evident, although some also deceive themselves.

Prove that it's health. Us assuming he has a "good reason" isn't enough reason for me, I refuse to take his side until he speaks up.

Kathleen 04-28-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1125236)
Prove that it's health. Us assuming he has a "good reason" isn't enough reason for me, I refuse to take his side until he speaks up.

My feelings exactly. I supported Richie (not that it mattered) when he had alcohol problems, he was honest about it and so was the band.

Neither side is being honest this time. I can understand the rest of the band protecting their friend but I can't understand Richie letting this go on this long. And Jon has made it clear that the ball is in Richie's court.

efiste2 04-28-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Thats a great statement, but If it is/was a personal issue as in health or family health problem, thats his business and I can understand him not wanting to share it with the world, however I think we deserve a decent response and a show of friendship in the BON JOVI camp again, thats assuming he does show up.

Captain_jovi 04-28-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efiste2 (Post 1125252)
Thats a great statement, but If it is/was a personal issue as in health or family health problem, thats his business and I can understand him not wanting to share it with the world, however I think we deserve a decent response and a show of friendship in the BON JOVI camp again, thats assuming he does show up.

Exactly. I'm not saying burn him at the stake but how people can throw the blame on Jon for continuing the tour without him is beyond me. Richie has done similar things the past few tours.

danfan 04-28-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Newton (Post 1125226)
i really dont think were gunna see him again this tour

I don't think we're going to see him with Bon Jovi again. And if that's the case, there shouldn't be a Bon Jovi.

Jagger/Richards
Tyler/Perry
Lennon/McCartney
Plant/Paige
Bon Jovi/Sambora

None of those bands work without those combos.

bounce442 04-28-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1125253)
Exactly. I'm not saying burn him at the stake but how people can throw the blame on Jon for continuing the tour without him is beyond me. Richie has done similar things the past few tours.

Yes, but every time it was because he was seeking help. His timing has been horrible, but up until this point, he has never gone on a bender and missed a show or gotten in a fight with Jon and stormed off... for 30 years.

I'm with you... I'm not blaming anyone until I hear an explanation from Richie/the band. But up until this point, our only precedent is rehabilitation... and it very well still could be.

bchris964 04-28-2013 08:16 PM

ya I agree to the Efiste2 about the problem of family health. It is very important and it should be no 1 in someone's ranking list.

SadieLady 04-28-2013 08:22 PM

I don't need to know details. If he is still taking care of whatever he needs to take care of, just say so. If he is planning/hoping on being back May 7th, just say so.

This really is a mystery. Theories center around Health or Conflict. If there was a Jon-Richie falling out, wouldn't Jon bring in a mediator like he did with the band in the early 90s? It was successful then and Jon has mentioned it a lot over the years.

nickolai 04-28-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bchris964 (Post 1125256)
ya I agree to the Efiste2 about the problem of family health. It is very important and it should be no 1 in someone's ranking list.

Thats what i've been thinking - some kind of ill health to either Richie or a member of his close family.

Captain_jovi 04-28-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bounce442 (Post 1125255)
Yes, but every time it was because he was seeking help. His timing has been horrible, but up until this point, he has never gone on a bender and missed a show or gotten in a fight with Jon and stormed off... for 30 years.

I'm with you... I'm not blaming anyone until I hear an explanation from Richie/the band. But up until this point, our only precedent is rehabilitation... and it very well still could be.

I feel like an ass for adding the Aftermath fiasco into the equation but it left such a sour taste in my mouth that it's carried over to this. Seeking help will get him far more sympathy from fans then just walking away and expecting everyone to believe it's his own personal business. If he wasn't honest with fans during Aftermath and he's not honest now I'm low on sympathy.

Gabriel Shoes 04-28-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1125232)

Oh yeah, really guys. How selfish can be a fan! If he's unhappy or went to this project against his will, then it's right thing to do to move away from Bon Jovi. I'm still his fan, and if you'd ask me now he gained a lot of more respect from me as a person, he finally stood for something he believes.

Captain_jovi 04-28-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel Shoes (Post 1125260)
Oh yeah, really guys. How selfish can be a fan! If he's unhappy or went to this project against his will, then it's right thing to do to move away from Bon Jovi. I'm still his fan, and if you'd ask me now he gained a lot of more respect from me as a person, he finally stood for something he believes.

You're basing his reasons for leaving on theories you made up yourself. Where did he say he left because he's unhappy with the project or went against his will? He GAINED respect from you because he left the tour the day of a show and hasn't told anyone why?

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 04-28-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Of course. Don't need to compare, was just sayin.

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 04-28-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1125249)
My feelings exactly. I supported Richie (not that it mattered) when he had alcohol problems, he was honest about it and so was the band.

Neither side is being honest this time. I can understand the rest of the band protecting their friend but I can't understand Richie letting this go on this long. And Jon has made it clear that the ball is in Richie's court.

I agree. I'm not really sure if I'm angry yet or just confused, but there should at least be some flippin honesty about what's happening!!!

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 04-28-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel Shoes (Post 1125260)
he finally stood for something he believes.

Eh, except he didn't include the crucial part of actually stating what he believes in!
Had he done that, I would probably have agreed, but this is not the way to handle it.

nickolai 04-28-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linnea.cfc32_jovibandana (Post 1125263)
I agree. I'm not really sure if I'm angry yet or just confused, but there should at least be some flippin honesty about what's happening!!!

i get where you're coming from. But If you were going through something really personal would you want the whole world to know....look at it from that angle. Sometimes people just want their lives private for just a few minutes.

But i guess as a high profile celeb you aint gonna get that!

Rumen 04-28-2013 09:12 PM

I really don't get it… why do so many people complain about Richie and that "there is really no excuse for what he has done." A really good reason for Richie could be something really simple. Well, what if he just doesn't want to play with Jon and this band anymore…

They are working together for 30 years. I'm pretty sure Jon and Richie are not as close as they used to be. Maybe they were close in the past, but I really think at the moment they are nothing more than just colleagues. Forget all that "Brotherhood" bullshit. Also, don't forget that it's Jon's company. Jon is the boss with big "B". Maybe in 1986 the guys were a gang from New Jersey , but not anymore. According to Bob Rock since 1992 Jon is in charge and "They weren't "the gang" anymore – it was Jon and the band".

Just ask yourself: Do I really want a guitar player, who doesn't want to be there ? Do I really want an auto pilot guitar player, just because it's Richie?

I don't… plus when Richie isn't on stage, Jon really gets into the shows. He gives everything he's got and carries it, even when his voice sounds like shit.

That's just my two cents.

MrNickel 04-28-2013 09:13 PM

Not sure it matters, but lets not forget the band once did this....................

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 04-28-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumen (Post 1125269)
I really don't get it… why so many people are complaining about Richie and that "there is really no excuse for what he has done." A really good reason for Richie could be something really simple. Well, what if he just doesn't want to play with Jon and this band anymore…

They are working together for 30 years. I'm pretty sure Jon and Richie are not as close as they used to be. Maybe they were close in the past, but I really think at the moment they are nothing more than just colleagues. Forget all that "Brotherhood" bullshit. Also, don't forget that it's Jon's company. Jon is the boss with big "B". Maybe in 1986 the guys were a gang from New Jersey , but not anymore. According to Bob Rock since 1992 Jon is in charge and "They weren't "the gang" anymore – it was Jon and the band".

Just ask yourself: Do I really want a guitar player, who doesn't want to be there ? Do I really want an auto pilot guitar player, just because it's Richie?

I don't… plus when Richie isn't on stage, Jon really gets into the shows. He gives everything he's got and carries it, even when his voice sounds like shit.

That's just my two cents.

I would definitely accept all that, if they'd just say so! That's the problem, the saying nothing.

Becky 04-28-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1125270)
Not sure it matters, but lets not forget the band once did this....................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjzsZP_ZmNo

They did one lip-synch show in South America where the music started playing before Richie was even on stage. It was hysterical.

MrNickel 04-28-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1125272)
They did one lip-synch show in South America where the music started playing before Richie was even on stage. It was hysterical.

haha classic.

nickolai 04-28-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1125270)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjzsZP_ZmNo

miming....wow. Great effort

Becky 04-28-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1125275)
miming....wow. Great effort

It's not the band's call. It depends on what the TV show typically does.

Mysterytrain 04-28-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1125276)
It's not the band's call. It depends on what the TV show typically does.

Well, at least Richie offered his guitar to be signed at the end. :)

JoviJovi 04-28-2013 10:22 PM

Not saying that this has anything to do with the current state of things, but X's show on May 18 is now canceled. Just throwing some speculative fuel on the fire ;)

http://www.hollywoodsherriffproductions.com/

DestinationJovi 04-28-2013 10:26 PM

217 pages in and we don't know any more than we did on page 1.

Haven't seen this much analyzation and speculation since the Kennedy assassination! :D

bjcrazycpa 04-28-2013 10:27 PM

I wish this were a bet we could make in Vegas...meaning "will he" or "won't he" return. My money would be on him returning.

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 04-28-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1125287)
Not saying that this has anything to do with the current state of things, but X's show on May 18 is now canceled. Just throwing some speculative fuel on the fire ;)

http://www.hollywoodsherriffproductions.com/

Ok now my hopes for Richie being on stage in Stockholm are pretty much gone...

Becky 04-28-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1125292)
I wish this were a bet we could make in Vegas...meaning "will he" or "won't he" return. My money would be on him returning.

Mine too--if I were a betting woman.

bjcrazycpa 04-28-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1125295)
Mine too--if I were a betting woman.

I'd bet for you Becky as I am very much a betting woman. :)