Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

jessycardy 05-29-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1134876)
Also, it would appear from Twitter that Phil X is expecting a baby boy soon (given that they know the sex it must be 20+ weeks) so I'd be suprised if he was about to cover after the current set of dates

I didn't know that. That's gotta affect something!

jessycardy 05-29-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1134884)
Heres the quote from it (google translate). Hard to understand.

What happened to Richie? Do you have problems with alcohol again?

"No. I can only comment on that is that is facing some personal problems of those who have spoken to us, and there is nothing more to say for now. We want much, I hope that everything is resolved and I hope you are well. "

I have read some statements that hints that is out of the band ...

"I will not have this conversation add more fuel to the gossip. No more rumors, there is nothing more to say, all I had to say has already been said. It's a big, you want and nothing more. "

Wow, you can't really tell anything from that... I hope some native speaker will come and help us here!

Beaky 05-29-2013 07:24 PM

Not sure if anyone posted this already but someone tweeted Phil saying that they were missing his sightseeing pics now he's on a break and he said that 'the sightseeing will continue.'

Kriegentragen 05-29-2013 07:34 PM

Something interesting in the Mariskal interview:

Interviewer: I really like the ballad "Amen", from the last album, "What about now". Is it hard to sing it live?

Jon: Absolutely no. I hope I was this smart at 1987-1988, when I made useless tone changes and that high notes. Now I compose according to my vocal range.

Interviewer: So, this way you don't get lazy at shows.

Jon: Yes, you're right. I used to compose thinking in making the best record, now I think more in the live shows. Amen suits perfectly to my vocal range.

crashed 05-29-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kriegentragen (Post 1134892)

Interviewer: I really like the ballad "Amen", from the last album, "What about now". Is it hard to sing it live?

Jon: Absolutely no. I hope I was this smart at 1987-1988, when I made useless tone changes and that high notes. Now I compose according to my vocal range.

Jon: Yes, you're right. I used to compose thinking in making the best record, now I think more in the live shows. Amen suits perfectly to my vocal range.

Can you translate the Richie parts better?

JoviJovi 05-29-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1134876)
Also, it would appear from Twitter that Phil X is expecting a baby boy soon (given that they know the sex it must be 20+ weeks) so I'd be suprised if he was about to cover after the current set of dates

I have read that the baby is due in late October

Solid Sambora 05-29-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1134868)
It would have to be Bobby. :shock: That's would explain why Jon is so pissed.

Would explain that picture of Bobby scratching behind his guitar.

Kriegentragen 05-29-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1134893)
Can you translate the Richie parts better?

Interviewer: What has happened with Richie? Is he struggling with alcohol again?

Jon: No, the only thing I can say about that, is that he's facing personal issues that he's talked with us, and there's nothing more to say by now. We love him, I'm trusting that everything will solve, and I hope he is well.

Interviewer: I've read some statements where it gets implied that he's out of the band...

Jon: I won't let this conversation to fuel even more gossips. No more rumours, there's nothing else to say, everything that had to be said has been already said. He's a big one, we love him and that's all.

BTW, I'm reading the interview was in English, so maybe something was lost on the translation to Spanish.

MrNickel 05-29-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kriegentragen (Post 1134892)

Though I can understand his thinking, he's been doing this long before his voice has gotten as shot as it is now. Whens the last time Jon has recorded a truly tough song in vocal terms ?

hackster73 05-29-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1134901)
Though I can understand his thinking, he's been doing this long before his voice has gotten as shot as it is now. Whens the last time Jon has recorded a truly tough song in vocal terms ?

That would be the these days album. There is no song or album since that has stretched him.