Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

faith1985 05-30-2013 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heart†1134957
Not quite sure where to put this YouTube link, but it can be moved, of course.

I'm sure most of you, diehards, have seen it, but it's new to me. I also found it interesting for a multitude of reasons, in light of BonJovi/Gate or whatever people are calling it, these days.

"Fun" starts at around 10:03 with a Q&A session.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PllBYDV4QVs

I am Dorian Gray :D
Very special performance and J&R seemed a lot more real and relaxed back then. I was so jealous that I didn't get tickets for that show but it was cool to see it on tv.

Jonty 05-30-2013 02:09 AM

Bit of good PR in the UK. Radio 5 live news announcing the free gig in Spain as per the interview above. And there was a follow up conversation re it.

The cynical will say it is a publicity stunt!

Shame he forgets Ireland's financial problems with the Slane costs!

crashed 05-30-2013 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonty (Post 1134968)
Bit of good PR in the UK. Radio 5 live news announcing the free gig in Spain as per the interview above. And there was a follow up conversation re it.

The cynical will say it is a publicity stunt!

Shame he forgets Ireland's financial problems with the Slane costs!

Slane was pretty reasonable I thought.

The thing is - the whole world's have financial problems - if the band aren't taking any payment for Madrid it explains why they kept the costs down and that's sold out. But I wouldn't expect to work for free for a year or two, I can't blame them for not doing it either.

I enjoyed watching that acoustic show again, and how relaxed they were with each other - that's why you can't fake that.

LeaJovi 05-30-2013 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1134933)
You're both welcome! :D. It took me like one hour to translate the whole thing.

Thanks a lot for the translation.

TwinFan 05-30-2013 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1134917)
What happened with Richie? Is he having drinking issues again?

“No. All I can say about it is that’s he’s facing some personal issues that he talked to us about, and there’s nothing else to say at the moment. We love him very much, I trust everything will be solved and I hope he’s ok”.

I’ve read some statements where he hints that he’s out of the band…

“I’m not going to allow this conversation to add more fuel to the gossip. No more rumors, there’s nothing else to say, all that was needed to say has already been said. He’s a great man, we love him, and nothing more”.

This is arguably what bugs me the most about this whole situation. Jon keeps seeming to tiptoe around whether or not he's coming back again. He keeps saying that "he's a great man" and they "love him very much", but he never says if he's coming back or not, or even if he hopes he's coming back. It's becoming so blatantly obvious that we as fans are being kept in the dark. Everything seems a little sketchy.

Thanks for the translation, by the way.

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 05-30-2013 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinFan (Post 1134975)
This is arguably what bugs me the most about this whole situation. Jon keeps seeming to tiptoe around whether or not he's coming back again. He keeps saying that "he's a great man" and they "love him very much", but he never says if he's coming back or not, or even if he hopes he's coming back. It's becoming so blatantly obvious that we as fans are being kept in the dark. Everything seems a little sketchy.

Thanks for the translation, by the way.

Yeah, its like... We already figured out it wasnt rehab again, cmon! :rolleyes:

Anyway, the Bobby gif has taken this to a whole... nother... weird ass level.

afk 05-30-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1134948)
OMG... LOL!

Uh thanks for putting this in my head first thing in the morning! LOL....

jessycardy 05-30-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1134969)
Slane was pretty reasonable I thought.

The thing is - the whole world's have financial problems - if the band aren't taking any payment for Madrid it explains why they kept the costs down and that's sold out. But I wouldn't expect to work for free for a year or two, I can't blame them for not doing it either.

I enjoyed watching that acoustic show again, and how relaxed they were with each other - that's why you can't fake that.

Agreed on both points.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinFan (Post 1134975)

I know it's all been moving very fast and there's a lot of info to digest, but he DID say he hopes he will be back. It was during that radio interview he did on May 15th, if I recall correctly. And, well, if he "most certainly hopes so" (his words), it probably means he doesn't really know either, hence his "tiptoeing" around it. He said once or twice - and rightly so - "you gotta ask Richie!".
I think, at this point, Jon would probably be interested in the answer they'd get as much as we would.

afk 05-30-2013 10:15 AM

Man, that acoustic show was awesome! I remember watching it over and over again. Wish they really did go back and look at their idols back then... Missing the blues and soul in their music! If i wanna hear country, i'll listen to real country not this rock-pop-country mix.

krb102 05-30-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

So then you don’t slow in the concerts…

“Yes, you’re right. Back then I used to compose while thinking about making the best album I could possibly make, now I think more about the concerts. ‘Amen’ fits perfectly my vocal range”.
Can't believe no one mentioned this gem. Enough reason for me not to buy the new album, whatever it is called, and any future albums.