Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Lyn Wo 06-02-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1135581)
Ditto again. I think people will be just pleased he's back (if he comes back) to be honest

If Richie walks on stage I doubt the majority of people will even care why he was gone. They will just be happy that he is back. I would count myself in that group.

jessycardy 06-02-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyn Wo (Post 1135587)
If Richie walks on stage I doubt the majority of people will even care why he was gone. They will just be happy that he is back. I would count myself in that group.

To me, obviously the priority is to see him back on stage and with Bon Jovi in general. Having said that, I'd like to know what the hell is going on and I would be a little disappointed and shocked if they really tried to just throw Richie there and go: "welcome back!" with no further explanation.
I also think that's unlikely to happen (but not impossible, 'cause as I said previously in this thread, I don't take anything for granted anymore), for things went way too far in terms of time, statements made and awkwardness in general, to just pull that off with ease and get away with it. There are too many rumors around and people would at the very least question the sincerity of every single action by each and every one of them, in lack of any kind of explanation.

Becky 06-02-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1135595)
people would at the very least question the sincerity of every single action by each and every one of them, in lack of any kind of explanation.

They did that before this happened.

I don't think we'll ever know what the personal reasons are.

jessycardy 06-02-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1135596)
They did that before this happened.

I don't think we'll ever know what the personal reasons are.

I know, but if you ask me, they had no reasons why apart from being cynical and stuff. This neverending drama, though, put a lot of nastiness out there and I think they need to come clean. That's why I would be surprised if they don't.

Kryten2340 06-02-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1135597)
I know, but if you ask me, they had no reasons why apart from being cynical and stuff. This neverending drama, though, put a lot of nastiness out there and I think they need to come clean. That's why I would be surprised if they don't.

My guess is if he comes back (which based on recent signs (the Obie thing, saying he up would love to play Hyde Park and see what happens, the rider list speculation, Russ Williams saying he should be back the the UK gigs) I think he will) nothing will be said until after the tour.

JoviJovi 06-02-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1135579)
Ditto.

7 days away and I've never felt so underwhelmed about seeing a Bon Jovi show in my life. I wonder if others echo my sentiment...

Very much so.

Mysterytrain 06-02-2013 09:35 PM

I've done my fair share of speculating, but at this point, I don't care if I never learn the reason for Richie being gone; I just want to see him back with the band.

I've missed his blues/soul feeling and the depth that brings. I keep going back and listening to his guitar solo for at the end of "Keep the Faith" from the Florida show on Jon's birthday. That's the 'feeling' I miss (beginning at 5:27):

Sissy3 06-02-2013 09:46 PM

As I've posted before I think when Richie walks back on stage (IF he does) the crowd at that particular show will go apeshit and not care how they and their feelings were meaningless to Richie. On the other hand, I think fan boards and maybe Twitter would blow up once again, feeling cheated that no one thinks enough of fans to say something about why so many got a Richie-less concert and are expected to erase those feelings from memory. At this point I don't give a crap if he comes back or not, but many fans seemed to be almost traumatized by his absence! If he does return I'd still be concerned that he wouldn't make every show. Jon would need to keep PhilX on the payroll!

jessycardy 06-02-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kryten2340 (Post 1135606)
My guess is if he comes back (which based on recent signs (the Obie thing, saying he up would love to play Hyde Park and see what happens, the rider list speculation, Russ Williams saying he should be back the the UK gigs) I think he will) nothing will be said until after the tour.

Could be... Then again, if they don't say anything right away, I don't think they'll bring the subject up once it's all calm and normal again...
I think it mostly depends on what the reasons for his absence are in the first place, though.

MrNickel 06-02-2013 10:05 PM

When/If Richie returns, I'm sure he'll go on and on about all his personal demons in interviews to make it sound like a really dramatic period in his life.