Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Becky 06-03-2013 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1135660)
I'm sorry, but its really just obvious at this point.

But it's not obvious. Jon has said more than once that there was no fight. The only "quotes" we have from Richie indicating a fight within the band are from tabloid sources or other sources quoting the tabloid. The only thing Richie has legitimately said about the band is that he loves them. All this fight between Jon and Richie stuff is speculation based on nothing credible and worst case scenario thinking.

TheseDaysEra 06-03-2013 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1135487)

I know right ? :)

now that I think about it... perhaps Jon was tired Richie kept stealing the show. has anyone ever suggested this ? i know it may sound silly but think about it - Richie even said Jon wanted to see if he could play the stadiums ' by himself' or 'on his own', whatever his words were...

Captain_jovi 06-03-2013 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheseDaysEra (Post 1135669)
I know right ? :)

now that I think about it... perhaps Jon was tired Richie kept stealing the show. has anyone ever suggested this ? i know it may sound silly but think about it - Richie even said Jon wanted to see if he could play the stadiums ' by himself' or 'on his own', whatever his words were...

In what way was Richie stealing the show? For us, yah it was a highlight but the general public doesn't care as much about his solo stuff or him singing a song. If anything it's the opposite, it was a mass beer/pee break.

Mysterytrain 06-03-2013 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1135670)
In what way was Richie stealing the show? For us, yah it was a highlight but the general public doesn't care as much about his solo stuff or him singing a song. If anything it's the opposite, it was a mass beer/pee break.

I think "stealing the show" in this case might have been referring to Richie's playing/singing overall being especially good on the first leg of this tour, compared to recent years.

crashed 06-03-2013 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1135666)
But it's not obvious. Jon has said more than once that there was no fight. The only "quotes" we have from Richie indicating a fight within the band are from tabloid sources or other sources quoting the tabloid. The only thing Richie has legitimately said about the band is that he loves them. All this fight between Jon and Richie stuff is speculation based on nothing credible and worst case scenario thinking.

Becky's right. There is nothing at any point from any of the band to indicate a fight has ever happened.

I think though it'll be telling if Richie shows up on this next leg - if he doesn't then I'll start to suspect something deeper has gone on.

Becky 06-03-2013 02:32 AM

Quote:

Also, Richie left the tour. He wasn't thrown off the tour. Jon got a surprise phone call a few hours before a show.

TheseDaysEra 06-03-2013 02:32 AM

Quote:

yeah. nevermind.

jessycardy 06-03-2013 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1135671)
I think "stealing the show" in this case might have been referring to Richie's playing/singing overall being especially good on the first leg of this tour, compared to recent years.

Which Jon can only be grateful for and happy about...
"Hey, Richie, you're playing and singing way too well lately for my taste, you'd better start sucking at your job soon or I'll kick you out". Nope, don't really see that happening.

jessycardy 06-03-2013 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1135672)
Becky's right. There is nothing at any point from any of the band to indicate a fight has ever happened.

I think though it'll be telling if Richie shows up on this next leg - if he doesn't then I'll start to suspect something deeper has gone on.

By "next leg" do you mean the rest of the European shows or the one in the US?

crashed 06-03-2013 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1135676)
By "next leg" do you mean the rest of the European shows or the one in the US?

The US ones.

If whatever's personal hasn't been sorted out by then it must be frickin' serious.