Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2020: The New Album (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70436)

Faceman 10-09-2020 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 1269157)
He's repeated many times that he don't wanna rewrite Bad Name and Prayer.

Would be interesting to know in which aspects he means that. Lyrical-wise? Musical-wise?
When we put Bad Medicine in that same category and read the lyrics to Beautiful Drug, he rewrote that kind of song for 2020...

bonjovi90 10-09-2020 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1269150)
He was asked about a time he got a song wrong he thought would be a hit and he brought up how he thought Because We Can would be massive and perfect for stadium and arenas and when they'd play it the audience would be like "NEXT". I'd have to listen again to get the wording right but he pretty much admitted they were forcing that song onto crowds haha.

He said the same thing about Everyday and Welcome To Wherever You Are in the past. But then again, he openly admitted that he'd absolutely suck as a A&R manager [emoji28]

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5X mit Tapatalk

bonjovi90 10-09-2020 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan85 (Post 1269154)
JBJ Interview with Access Hollywood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B6r...ature=youtu.be

Does 5 days a week vocal lessions, since 2015.

If he only had done that until 2015 [emoji85]

Litneg 10-09-2020 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1269164)
Would be interesting to know in which aspects he means that. Lyrical-wise? Musical-wise?
When we put Bad Medicine in that same category and read the lyrics to Beautiful Drug, he rewrote that kind of song for 2020...

Both I'd say...

The only similarities I see between Bad Medicine and Beautiful Drug is the siren sound and "addiction" thing. The kind o "love" spoke is different in each of them.

jovifan85 10-09-2020 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1269168)
If he only had done that until 2015 [emoji85]

Yes. I think his "shot" vocals and weakness in his voice, made he make a better effort that he's doing now, but the positive side, he's doing the vocal lessions, despite his "shot voice" and his age shows he wants to continue a while yet.

Despite the criticism of JBJ's voice, you got to praise him for doing this, even if it's too late to give that "oomph" back in his voice.

Captain_jovi 10-09-2020 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Litneg (Post 1269169)
Both I'd say...

The only similarities I see between Bad Medicine and Beautiful Drug is the siren sound and "addiction" thing. The kind o "love" spoke is different in each of them.

It's more that they're both cliche-ridden, no huge meaning behind them songs about a girl/love/whatever.

I was just saying to Adam that whether you like them or not, Luv Can and Shine are so damn necessary to the album as palate cleansers. The heavy songs are so heavy in topic it needs boy/girl songs to balance them out. I really adore the original tracklisting, I think they got it right that time around.

Litneg 10-09-2020 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1269172)
It's more that they're both cliche-ridden, no huge meaning behind them songs about a girl/love/whatever.

I was just saying to Adam that whether you like them or not, Luv Can and Shine are so damn necessary to the album as palate cleansers. The heavy songs are so heavy in topic it needs boy/girl songs to balance them out. I really adore the original tracklisting, I think they got it right that time around.

Yeah, last time an album had this vibe was These Days IMO.

I liked the final tracklist, but I'd rather keep it as a 12 song record and closed it with Luv Can.

Santa Fe 10-10-2020 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Litneg (Post 1269169)
Both I'd say...

Yeah I think they are not similar at all:D

brunorc21 10-10-2020 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1269162)

Great conversation. So nice to listen Jon talking about music and not politics or the foundation.

rolo_tomachi 10-10-2020 05:08 PM

Story Of Love instrumental sounds a little bit like to My Way.