Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

jessycardy 06-03-2013 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1135679)
The US ones.

If whatever's personal hasn't been sorted out by then it must be frickin' serious.

I agree. Fingers crossed we'll never see that day.

Javier 06-03-2013 04:13 AM

Damn! Richie the man is really going all out with his fashion line! At least you can't say he's not dedicated to this:

http://galleryoftheabsurd.typepad.co...mborabra_2.jpg

apologies if it's been posted before, keeping up with this thread is hard :p

JackieBlue 06-03-2013 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1135664)
It does look that way, but among the very few things that directly came from Bon Jovi themselves, there's also the fact that "there was no row". Jon said it multiple times. You might argue he's not necessarily telling the truth and I might ask you what for.

Maybe because "what happens in Jovi stays in Jovi"?:confused:

JackieBlue 06-03-2013 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1135673)
Also, Richie left the tour. He wasn't thrown off the tour. Jon got a surprise phone call a few hours before a show.

This puzzles me. If Jon was so surprised by the phone call that came in before the Calgary show why did Paul not have to "finish the sentence"?

“At 3:30pm on show day the phone rang and it was Paul the manager and he said guess what, and he didn’t even have to finish the sentence. I said, you’re kidding..."

It sounds to me as if Jon kind of expected the call... and that makes me think that there must have been some discussion prior to that call about the possibility that Richie wouldn't be there. I know Jon said in other interviews "we've been through this before... in 2011" but just because that happened once wouldn't make him automatically assume that it was happening again, would it? Especially since he apparently knew that rehab wasn't the issue this time, like it was in 2011.

Does anyone know exactly (or close) how many Bon Jovi shows Richie has missed over the years (othan the 13 while in he was in rehab during 2011)? Have there been enough that, just from Paul's "guess what", Jon could easily jump to the conclusion that Richie wasn't going to be there?

Sambo-Chris 06-03-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1135703)
Does anyone know exactly (or close) how many Bon Jovi shows Richie has missed over the years (othan the 13 while in he was in rehab during 2011)? Have there been enough that, just from Paul's "guess what", Jon could easily jump to the conclusion that Richie wasn't going to be there?

He missed one in Puert Rico but was on board again for the O2 London opening. Don't remember the year, was it 2009? Don't know of any show he missed before that due to rehab or something.

Juls Sambora 06-03-2013 08:21 AM

The gig in Puerto Rico was in 2007.

nikos greece 06-03-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juls Sambora (Post 1135710)
The gig in Puerto Rico was in 2007.

the puerto rico show was the first official gig he ever missed. it was an impressive feature till last tour when richie sadly became a liability...i hope he returns...
i think its obvious that there is sth wrong with richie and jon, no matter what jon says...the comment about the edge was way out of line, and richies tweet after that where he has so many things to say etc imo showed his frustration.
i also pointed out the fact that jon mentioned his manager didnt even had to finish the sentence...it obviously was sth that had been discussed between them

CKatz 06-03-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikos greece (Post 1135714)
the puerto rico show was the first official gig he ever missed. it was an impressive feature till last tour when richie sadly became a liability...i hope he returns...
i think its obvious that there is sth wrong with richie and jon, no matter what jon says...the comment about the edge was way out of line, and richies tweet after that where he has so many things to say etc imo showed his frustration.
i also pointed out the fact that jon mentioned his manager didnt even had to finish the sentence...it obviously was sth that had been discussed between them

Exactly. Also, Richie never denied having a falling out with Jon. Richie is very aware of that rumour because people tweet him about it all the time. Not denying it, is a way of confirming it.
Jon also said in an interview that Richie had to make a choice between going forward or quitting the band because he hates his brother. Why would Jon say that if he didn't give Richie a reason to hate him? When Jon said Paul didn't have to finish the sentence, it means a part of Jon was already expecting a call like that to come. He knew someting big had happened previously and he just didn't think Richie would be angry enough to leave, which is why Jon answered Paul by saying: "You're kidding?"
Add to that the fact that since Richie left, Jon said he has only spoken to Richie once. What kind of friend doesn't speak to a friend who is dealing with an issue important enough to take him away from the tour for so long? It also explains why everyone involved is being so secretive about it. It's embarassing for a band that claims to be a "brotherhood". Then the "interview" Richie supposedly gave to the Daily Mail: Again, no denials from Richie. When Richie left the last tour for rehab, Jon made a point of mentioning Richie at every show he missed, even dedicating songs to him. This time Jon doesn't mention Richie at all, he just pretends everything is normal on stage. Clearly he is not very supportive of Richie this time. Again, what kind of friend doesn't show support to a friend dealing with issues?
Yes, I think it's obvious that they had a fight, no matter how often Jon (and Matt) tries to deny it.

I think it's the New Jersey era all over again, only this time social media and the tabloid culture are complicating things even further. They're tired and burnt out and taking it out on each other. Album, tour, album, tour etc. It was only a matter of time before someone was going to crack. Too bad nobody in a place of authority had the experience and courage after the last tour to say "Let's take a looooong break." Oh, wait...

afk 06-03-2013 11:08 AM

Someone with the knowledge of human body language/a human trained to be a lie detector should analyze Jon's body language. They're all over youtube anyway so why not? ;)

MrNickel 06-03-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afk (Post 1135724)
Someone with the knowledge of human body language/a human trained to be a lie detector should analyze Jon's body language. They're all over youtube anyway so why not? ;)

That be interesting. :D