Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

asok80 06-03-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambo-Chris (Post 1135709)
He missed one in Puert Rico but was on board again for the O2 London opening. Don't remember the year, was it 2009? Don't know of any show he missed before that due to rehab or something.

Didn't he miss a German show back in the -80-ies because he cut his hand or something?

Sambo-Chris 06-03-2013 11:28 AM

I don't know. Wasn't a fan in the 80s. David missed something because he cut his finger with a chain saw or something but I don't know if it was a show or just the recordings and video of Real Life. And Tico missed one TV appearance once where Obie was on Drums.

SuperBrad 06-03-2013 11:37 AM

I think they cancelled a perth show in 95 cause tico had a bad wrist or something ? Is that what happened ?

ticos_stick 06-03-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambo-Chris (Post 1135729)
And Tico missed one TV appearance once where Obie was on Drums.

Are you referring to this? Some people think it's Obie for some reason but It's not. Tico was opening an art gallery or something, the replacement was a session player (not a very good one either)

The only time I can recall Obie playing drums was when Tico sang Crazy at one of the Christmas shows in New Jersey in the 90s -

BJ?YesPlease 06-03-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1135722)
Exactly. Also, Richie never denied having a falling out with Jon. Richie is very aware of that rumour because people tweet him about it all the time. Not denying it, is a way of confirming it.
Jon also said in an interview that Richie had to make a choice between going forward or quitting the band because he hates his brother. Why would Jon say that if he didn't give Richie a reason to hate him? When Jon said Paul didn't have to finish the sentence, it means a part of Jon was already expecting a call like that to come. He knew someting big had happened previously and he just didn't think Richie would be angry enough to leave, which is why Jon answered Paul by saying: "You're kidding?"
Add to that the fact that since Richie left, Jon said he has only spoken to Richie once. What kind of friend doesn't speak to a friend who is dealing with an issue important enough to take him away from the tour for so long? It also explains why everyone involved is being so secretive about it. It's embarassing for a band that claims to be a "brotherhood". Then the "interview" Richie supposedly gave to the Daily Mail: Again, no denials from Richie. When Richie left the last tour for rehab, Jon made a point of mentioning Richie at every show he missed, even dedicating songs to him. This time Jon doesn't mention Richie at all, he just pretends everything is normal on stage. Clearly he is not very supportive of Richie this time. Again, what kind of friend doesn't show support to a friend dealing with issues?
Yes, I think it's obvious that they had a fight, no matter how often Jon (and Matt) tries to deny it.

I think it's the New Jersey era all over again, only this time social media and the tabloid culture are complicating things even further. They're tired and burnt out and taking it out on each other. Album, tour, album, tour etc. It was only a matter of time before someone was going to crack. Too bad nobody in a place of authority had the experience and courage after the last tour to say "Let's take a looooong break." Oh, wait...

That is the most enlightening round-up yet.
Excellent.

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 06-03-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1135737)
That is the most enlightening round-up yet.
Excellent.

Agree. Makes sense.... sadly :(

Bounce7800 06-03-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1135736)
Are you referring to this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWSMzgFoNtc Some people think it's Obie for some reason but It's not. Tico was opening an art gallery or something, the replacement was a session player (not a very good one either)

The only time I can recall Obie playing drums was when Tico sang Crazy at one of the Christmas shows in New Jersey in the 90s - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bLSD--aSok

Obie (badly) mimed Drums when Jon played Janie on Wetten Dass in 97.

JackieBlue 06-03-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikos greece (Post 1135714)
the puerto rico show was the first official gig he ever missed. it was an impressive feature till last tour when richie sadly became a liability...i hope he returns...
i think its obvious that there is sth wrong with richie and jon, no matter what jon says...the comment about the edge was way out of line, and richies tweet after that where he has so many things to say etc imo showed his frustration.
i also pointed out the fact that jon mentioned his manager didnt even had to finish the sentence...it obviously was sth that had been discussed between them

Thanks, guys! I've been trying to find out because I could only remember The Circle (rehab) and I had heard vaguely about the PR show that followed the Unplugged taping. But the comments I've read seem to portray Richie as unreliable; almost as if this is something that he's done so often that you can now expect him to not show up for any given show.

So, as far as Bon Jovi is concerned, prior to this tour there have actually only been two separate times that Richie didn't "show up for work". In thirty years. Is that correct?

I'm just trying to understand why some of the people here, who sound so angry or snarky, seem to think it's fair to judge Richie's actions (and his silence) so harshly without knowing what his reasons are. The fact that he has chosen to keep it private doesn't mean that he doesn't have good reasons for him to be in LA while the others are out on tour. And what really seems to make them most angry is that his life is going on while he's not on the road. Can you (or anyone) explain why should we reason that if he's not on tour every aspect of his life should suck out loud?

Seriously, why are people convinced that Richie is "a dick", "an ungrateful disrespectful bastard", "a prick", "an unreliable slacker", "an irresponsible flake", or a [insert derogatory term of choice here] who is no longer worthy of their respect, when all that we really know for a fact is that he didn't show up in Calgary and that he has been missing shows since that time?

Sambo-Chris 06-03-2013 01:46 PM

Ah okay, I mixed it up then.

JoviJovi 06-03-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1135754)
Thanks, guys! I've been trying to find out because I could only remember The Circle (rehab) and I had heard vaguely about the PR show that followed the Unplugged taping. But the comments I've read seem to portray Richie as unreliable; almost as if this is something that he's done so often that you can now expect him to not show up for any given show.

So, as far as Bon Jovi is concerned, prior to this tour there have actually only been two separate times that Richie didn't "show up for work". In thirty years. Is that correct?

I'm just trying to understand why some of the people here, who sound so angry or snarky, seem to think it's fair to judge Richie's actions (and his silence) so harshly without knowing what his reasons are. The fact that he has chosen to keep it private doesn't mean that he doesn't have good reasons for him to be in LA while the others are out on tour. And what really seems to make them most angry is that his life is going on while he's not on the road. Can you (or anyone) explain why should we reason that if he's not on tour every aspect of his life should suck out loud?

Seriously, why are people convinced that Richie is "a dick", "an ungrateful disrespectful bastard", "a prick", "an unreliable slacker", "an irresponsible flake", or a [insert derogatory term of choice here] who is no longer worthy of their respect, when all that we really know for a fact is that he didn't show up in Calgary and that he has been missing shows since that time?

Because people pay a shitload of money to see the whole band and unless his reasons are personal or family illness its really not professional to bail after tickets have been sold. And hes doing ****in great and he has no problems so he should be on tour. Simple as that. Not worthy of respect because he showed no respect for the fans.