Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

jessycardy 06-03-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1135722)
Add to that the fact that since Richie left, Jon said he has only spoken to Richie once. What kind of friend doesn't speak to a friend who is dealing with an issue important enough to take him away from the tour for so long?

I think you should reword your sentence here. From Jon's interview, you can clearly tell Jon's the one upset for not receiving any calls. He stresses it out a lot. He was obviously waiting for at least a few calls in "6 weeks and 18 shows", but they've never come except once. I'll tell you what, I think this very aspect is what could have possibly shuffled the cards during the game and changed Jon's attitude about it.

Becky 06-03-2013 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1135703)
This puzzles me. If Jon was so surprised by the phone call that came in before the Calgary show why did Paul not have to "finish the sentence"?

“At 3:30pm on show day the phone rang and it was Paul the manager and he said guess what, and he didn’t even have to finish the sentence. I said, you’re kidding..."

It sounds to me as if Jon kind of expected the call... and that makes me think that there must have been some discussion prior to that call about the possibility that Richie wouldn't be there. I know Jon said in other interviews "we've been through this before... in 2011" but just because that happened once wouldn't make him automatically assume that it was happening again, would it? Especially since he apparently knew that rehab wasn't the issue this time, like it was in 2011.

Does anyone know exactly (or close) how many Bon Jovi shows Richie has missed over the years (othan the 13 while in he was in rehab during 2011)? Have there been enough that, just from Paul's "guess what", Jon could easily jump to the conclusion that Richie wasn't going to be there?

And you're failing to consider that Jon could have expected a call because he already knew that there were personal issues bubbling in Richie's life that might come to a head. It doesn't necessarily mean the issues are with the band.

jessycardy 06-03-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1135759)
And you're failing to consider that Jon could have expected a call because he already knew that there were personal issues bubbling in Richie's life that might come to a head. It doesn't necessarily mean the issues are with the band.

What? And not blame Evil Jon for it? No way.

BJ?YesPlease 06-03-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1135754)
The fact that he has chosen to keep it private doesn't mean that he doesn't have good reasons for him to be in LA while the others are out on tour. And what really seems to make them most angry is that his life is going on while he's not on the road.

THAT'S what I'm talking about.

CKatz 06-03-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1135757)
Because people pay a shitload of money to see the whole band and unless his reasons are personal or family illness its really not professional to bail after tickets have been sold. And hes doing ****in great and he has no problems so he should be on tour. Simple as that. Not worthy of respect because he showed no respect for the fans.

I don't feel bad for people who spend a "shit load of money" on something as silly as concerts. It's their own fault. Nobody forced them to do it. You can buy plenty of cheap tickets this tour and it's not like this tour is selling out. You rushed out buying tickets. You could have waited (like me) and you wouldn't have a reason to be so angry. I told you this before: you should be angry at yourself for not being more careful. There are no guarantees when it comes to concerts.

Sambo-Chris 06-03-2013 02:24 PM

Beside that the band offers refund so there is no reason to moan. If you don't want to go, refund your tickets like I did.

CKatz 06-03-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1135758)
I think you should reword your sentence here. From Jon's interview, you can clearly tell Jon's the one upset for not receiving any calls. He stresses it out a lot. He was obviously waiting for at least a few calls in "6 weeks and 18 shows", but they've never come except once. I'll tell you what, I think this very aspect is what could have possibly shuffled the cards during the game and changed Jon's attitude about it.

Either way it means they're not friends and arguing.

jessycardy 06-03-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1135765)
Either way it means they're not friends and arguing.

Either way, it means something is off. I would hope they're still friends and we don't know about the arguing part. But something is definitely off.

Stranger11 06-03-2013 02:48 PM

Maybe Jon will sing "Every road leads home to you" at future shows - he already got the haircolour to get him in the mood ;)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=1

JoviJovi 06-03-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1135763)
I don't feel bad for people who spend a "shit load of money" on something as silly as concerts. It's their own fault. Nobody forced them to do it. You can buy plenty of cheap tickets this tour and it's not like this tour is selling out. You rushed out buying tickets. You could have waited (like me) and you wouldn't have a reason to be so angry. I told you this before: you should be angry at yourself for not being more careful. There are no guarantees when it comes to concerts.

Please stop lecturing me. If we were all like you the world would be a pretty shitty place. What Richie did is unprofessional and there are no ways around it. For 30 years there have been guarantees when it came to Bon Jovi, now thanks to Richie that is gone. I am HAPPY to pay good money for good seats because I know or at least knew what I was getting. Richie flaked out and ruined that, so rest assured I wont be doing it again.