Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

ezearis 06-03-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambo-Chris (Post 1135793)
Also when your boss says "stay at home, I don't want to see you anymore"?

And when your boss say that when you missed a day of work because you were drunk and you didn't even manned up and called him like an adult but got another dude to do it?

Sissy3 06-03-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aljo (Post 1135806)
Phil's been busy, he got married over the weekend. Photo showed up on my facebook newsfeed.

And the bride wore black, which was actually pretty. I have a question, guys. If whatever "it" was, is bad enough for Richie to miss this much of the tour, then why would it not be bad enough for him to continue to miss the rest of the tour? A lot of people seem to think he's going to pop up on stage soon. And if it were fixable, could it have not been fixed before now? I know, more questions calling for speculation. Maybe Jon's new hair color is a subtle hint to fans. ;) hmmmm Wonder if I could start a hair rumor of some kind?

ezearis 06-03-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Phil's been busy, he got married over the weekend. Photo showed up on my facebook newsfeed.

I'd rather not get married at all than show up dressed like that. Too much rock 'n' roll for a wedding :p

Happy for the guy, though.

aljo 06-03-2013 06:47 PM

So now Phil can go on his honeymoon and Richie can come back :)

BJ?YesPlease 06-03-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1135805)
Your point was very valid - and better - even without the "what if Jon" BS. We don't know anything, period. No need to come up with Jon, Jon, Jon, Jon, Jon. Some of you are obsessed with him, and not in a good way. Richie has his own life apart from Jon's. Hard to believe, I know, but he does.

I will admit to being obsessed with his look - hair and clothing - circa 1996.
As a straight guy, all I can say is "Hello Jon Bon Jovi....get your sweet ass over here".

BJ?YesPlease 06-03-2013 07:21 PM

Interesting quote from RS as I was trawling the Dry County archives!

Stage animal Richie Sambora: "Life is fun, a lot of fun if you'd see our bank accounts. But still it's al about one thing: playing. Of the 24 hours, 22 are in service of the two hours on the stage. If you have the flu, having a fight with your wife or just so your dog being run over by a truck: the second you walk forward and the kids start screaming, you forget everything and you become Superman. No dope or pussy can compete with that. It's the ultimate thing."

Or not.

JoviForever 06-03-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

OMG! What a hideous look.

Javier 06-03-2013 07:48 PM

So many bands have gone on to finish a tour and even record albums together while hating each others guts, because it is their job and they owe it to the fans to stick it out. If this whole thing really is about an argument or falling out, then I don't think it's worthy of much sympathy, doesn't matter whose fault it is or who started it. They're grown men in their 50's for crying out loud....

idbl_fanatic 06-03-2013 07:55 PM

http://www.irishcentral.com/story/en...209484021.html

Crushgen24/88 06-03-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1135803)
That's BS - he didn't show up for work, but if I don't show up for work, it could be because a loved one died. It could be because my kid got sick. Maybe a friend had a downer and threatened to kill themselves and needed me. Are those reasons not good enough to show for work? They're unlikely to keep him off for longer than a date or two...but...I'm just making a hypothetical point.

We don't know why he didn't show....and therein lies the whole reason we've drawn out almost 600 pages. We don't know.

And until we do - we don't if it's ANYONE'S "fault". Maybe there's no blame. Maybe there's a genuine reason. Maybe there isn't.

But anyone that jumps to conclusion about someone being unprofessional is deluding themselves into thinking they know enough about the situation to make that judgement.
What if Jon said "I'm cutting your pay for the next leg". What if Jon said "Bobby's playing all the solos tonight". What if Obie called Richie and said "Jon thinks you shagged his wife and he's raised your child and he's gonna kick your ass if you show up".

What if we all stopped trying to pretend we know anything and knocked the in-fighting on the head...

You're warping what people are saying. I don't think a single person in this thread, no matter how insane it's gotten, would have any ill-will if it tuned out to be something health related, family related, etc.