Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Crushgen24/88 06-03-2013 08:35 PM

So Phil was getting married in June and has a baby due in October? Jon must have backed the Brinks truck down his driveway to get him to do this tour.

BJ?YesPlease 06-03-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1135839)
You're warping what people are saying. I don't think a single person in this thread, no matter how insane it's gotten, would have any ill-will if it tuned out to be something health related, family related, etc.

Don't think I'm warping anything. Someone said he's unprofessional.
I said nothing more than we don't know why he's not there, therefore we can't judge whether it's unprofessional or not.

It was fun when we hypothesized about dog's being murdered....

Mysterytrain 06-03-2013 08:36 PM

If you hinge this whole mystery on what has actually been said by Jon and Richie lately (and that's assuming the "Daily Mail" quotes by Richie are accurate), we get:

Jon: ""Life goes on, so if someone chooses not to be here... unlike if this were, God forbid, The Edge, and he for some reason couldn't make a U2 show, [then] it would be very difficult to just step in."

Richie: (Twitter): "Hey there's too much to say right now so I won't say anything......love you all...thank u for your support."

(Daily Mail): “My opinion is Jon wants to see if he can pull off stadiums by himself. He is making it very difficult for me to come back.”

***Silence for 8 days and counting*****

Taken in just this context, it seems like a childish power struggle, with fans losing out. I think there is much more to it, though. But if this all turns out to be an ego-driven squabble, I will credit my 10-and-8-year-old nephews as being more mature than Jon and Richie.

Crushgen24/88 06-03-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1135841)
Don't think I'm warping anything. Someone said he's unprofessional.
I said nothing more than we don't know why he's not there, therefore we can't judge whether it's unprofessional or not.

I disagree. UNLESS it was health or family related, there's really no reason for him bailing that I wouldn't consider unprofessional. Unless Jon fired him mid-tour, but nothing suggests that, not even Jon's passive-aggressive comments.

Kathleen 06-03-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviForever (Post 1135820)
OMG! What a hideous look.

I have read several books recently that have brides wearing black for a wedding. Nothing wrong with it I guess. I don't think that picture is hideous, actually I kinda like it. That said, it wouldn't be for me but they are a lot younger.

jessycardy 06-03-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1135813)
I will admit to being obsessed with his look - hair and clothing - circa 1996.
As a straight guy, all I can say is "Hello Jon Bon Jovi....get your sweet ass over here".

Like, really, who wouldn't?!?

Quote:

Originally Posted by idbl_fanatic (Post 1135831)

"Bon Jovi is headed to Slane Castle in Co. Meath on June 15 for a big show, but missing in action will be lead guitarist Richie Sambora, who for many years has had a contentious relationship with band leader Jon Bon Jovi."

HA! That's funny. I stopped reading right there and then. Gave a quick skim through the rest of it though, and it's the same ol' regurgitated stuff. Nothing to see here.

The Rock 06-03-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1135754)

So, as far as Bon Jovi is concerned, prior to this tour there have actually only been two separate times that Richie didn't "show up for work". In thirty years. Is that correct?

That we know? There is a lot of behind the scene stuff that has gone on through the years that no one knows about. The times when they have had to make sure he comes to the venue, the times that they didn't know if he was going to be able to go on stage, the many times that they have covered for him. Just because he only missed two separate times, doesn't mean that he has been reliable all the other times. When Jon says don't finish the sentence it was because they have been through this so many times.

The Rock 06-03-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1135803)
That's BS - he didn't show up for work, but if I don't show up for work, it could be because a loved one died. It could be because my kid got sick. Maybe a friend had a downer and threatened to kill themselves and needed me. Are those reasons not good enough to show for work? They're unlikely to keep him off for longer than a date or two...but...I'm just making a hypothetical point.

We don't know why he didn't show....and therein lies the whole reason we've drawn out almost 600 pages. We don't know.

And until we do - we don't if it's ANYONE'S "fault". Maybe there's no blame. Maybe there's a genuine reason. Maybe there isn't.

But anyone that jumps to conclusion about someone being unprofessional is deluding themselves into thinking they know enough about the situation to make that judgement.
What if Jon said "I'm cutting your pay for the next leg". What if Jon said "Bobby's playing all the solos tonight". What if Obie called Richie and said "Jon thinks you shagged his wife and he's raised your child and he's gonna kick your ass if you show up".

What if we all stopped trying to pretend we know anything and knocked the in-fighting on the head...

Everything you said is true and I agree but why are the what if's all Jon's fault? None of those pointed any finger to Richie. What if Richie did this or Richie did that? So apparently, Richie is the good guy in all this and it's because of Jon, he is not there?

jessycardy 06-03-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1135850)
Everything you said is true and I agree but why are the what if's all Jon's fault? None of those pointed any finger to Richie. What if Richie did this or Richie did that? So apparently, Richie is the good guy in all this and it's because of Jon, he is not there?

That's what I pointed out too, but he replied he likes Jon's sweet ass. Fair enough, can't really come back to that.

The Rock 06-03-2013 10:21 PM

Can't get into Richie's twitter account..........

https://twitter.com/TheRealSambora