Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie Sambora!!! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=70391)

bonjovi90 06-05-2021 02:37 PM

Can't really blame him for having no desire to return to a brand that's got nothing inspired to offer anymore. First and foremost, no band feeling.

Rdkopper 06-05-2021 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thinny (Post 1274014)
You say that like he wants back in the band. Nothing I've seen or heard from him suggests anything of the sort.

The guy is having fun at his beachside home and enjoying the listening to the Stones. How is that "losing your mind"? Granted, I maybe wouldn't have posted this to social media, but it's clear that Richie just doesn't give a shit anymore and is enjoying life. Good on him. I'd rather this than the pretentious uptight shit we get from Jon constantly, but that's just me.

Tell me how that Richie Sambora is any different to this one...

https://youtu.be/94ayZRu_cT4

Or this one...

https://youtu.be/E8KCi8NVXB8?t=19

The difference between those other two videos is that Richie pulls out of it at the end and laughs at himself and shows he's capable.... Something also tells me when hes working around Jon, hes not sloshed out on painkillers and alcohol.

This current video ends with slurred speech with "I dont ****ing know what I'm doing" and he does it for too long.

Now, if he did that for 10 seconds and then laughed at himself at the end and continued with a normal state, he would just be his normal goofy Richie. It was too long and he crossed into that next level of weirdness.

Understand, there is a big difference between a younger guy in is 20, 30, even 40s having some drinks, smoking some weed, even blasting a few lines and being goofy... You handle it better and bounce back quicker.

Its another thing for a guy in 60s to be sloshed out of painkillers and alcohol and continuing to exhibit oddly weird behaviors with slurred speeches.

Know the difference.

Sent from my SM-A015V using Tapatalk

semigoodlooking 06-05-2021 02:55 PM

Meh, the video is mildly embarrassing, but he's just singing a song.

People are saying why post it? Why would celebrity of 40 years post random shit on social media? These people need attention, Richie is not unique or wrong, it's just the world he lives in.

bonjovi90 06-05-2021 03:58 PM

Jon and Richie have just wandered too far off on both sides. Richie's stayed (or become more of) a goofball than in the past and Jon's become the most uptight, pseudo-serious artist I'm aware of. These two did use to find a middle ground between their personalities that made for a perfect chemistry, but that's simply become impossible (far ahead of their actual split).

Thinny 06-05-2021 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1274023)
The difference between those other two videos is that Richie pulls out of it at the end and laughs at himself and shows he's capable.... Something also tells me when hes working around Jon, hes not sloshed out on painkillers and alcohol.

This current video ends with slurred speech with "I dont ****ing know what I'm doing" and he does it for too long.

Now, if he did that for 10 seconds and then laughed at himself at the end and continued with a normal state, he would just be his normal goofy Richie. It was too long and he crossed into that next level of weirdness.

Understand, there is a big difference between a younger guy in is 20, 30, even 40s having some drinks, smoking some weed, even blasting a few lines and being goofy... You handle it better and bounce back quicker.

Its another thing for a guy in 60s to be sloshed out of painkillers and alcohol and continuing to exhibit oddly weird behaviors with slurred speeches.

Know the difference.

It's too long? If he did it for less time it would be fine? Dude, you're laughable.

You're just creating the differences to suit you agenda. Other than the fact he's older there is no difference. It's the same Richie he's always been. Absolutely no reason people should change just because they get older.

What evidence do you have that he sloshed out on pain killers? None? oh....

So the guy likes to have fun. have a drink, enjoy himself. Good for him, I'm not about to condemn him for that. He's doing him, more power to him.

rickysambo 06-05-2021 07:20 PM

My man's just having some fun! For someone who barely posts anything on social media, you can't really say that he's craving attention any more than an average Joe who uploads selfies on IG. One has to keep in mind that all these rockers of days gone by did live wildly aberrant lifestyles. Some didn't make it, some remained unchanged/unhinged and a few turned out miserable like Jon. It is what it is.

semigoodlooking 06-05-2021 07:57 PM

I am mildly amused by Rdkopper's committment that Richie is constantly "sloshed on painkillers". Every public appearance.

neily82 06-05-2021 08:00 PM

I only pop in occasionally just to check RD Knobber is still detached from reality. Good to see he's keeping up the good work. See you in a year or so [emoji106]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

YOVANAfromPeru 06-05-2021 10:22 PM

It's true. I don't like the tone of that 'I don't know what I'm ****ing doing' either, the rest is kind of funny...
I dislike Jon and Richie a lot, now.

GabrielC 06-05-2021 11:29 PM

He is just an old man having fun. It's nothing different than what other people post to Instagram Stories.

Captain_jovi 06-06-2021 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabrielC (Post 1274038)
He is just an old man having fun. It's nothing different than what other people post to Instagram Stories.

Yeah. It's an older guy who isn't great with technology trying to have fun with something he clearly doesn't have a handle on. The "Richie is on drugs and drinking" go-to is mighty tired by this point.

Alphavictim 06-06-2021 03:21 PM

He's acting like a silly goofball, and not "respectable", but people give Jon enough shit for having become all about being too "proper", like he's always doing official business. I agree that him and Jon probably drifted into opposing directions, and that the middle ground served both best. Jon used to be rather goofy, too, but that was 30 years ago. Remember his "arrogant dickish rock star" phase about 15 years ago? Richie's always been the more grounded one.

JackieBlue 06-06-2021 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1274040)
Yeah. It's an older guy who isn't great with technology trying to have fun with something he clearly doesn't have a handle on. The "Richie is on drugs and drinking" go-to is mighty tired by this point.

https://youtu.be/6Dqz_f4ef9s
;) :D

YOVANAfromPeru 06-10-2021 04:42 AM

https://www.instagram.com/p/CP6P1TLnKRl/

angelsambo 06-12-2021 09:59 PM

Richie Sambora and Orianthi visits Norman's Rare Guitars

YOVANAfromPeru 06-13-2021 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelsambo (Post 1274135)
Richie Sambora and Orianthi visits Norman's Rare Guitars

Richie Sambora and Orianthi visits Norman's Rare Guitars - YouTube

I don't understand a thing because my English.
But something tells me it's bad >_< jaja.

Thinny 06-13-2021 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOVANAfromPeru (Post 1274140)
I don't understand a thing because my English.
But something tells me it's bad >_< jaja.

It's not. They are just at Norms swapping some of their old guitars for some that Norm has.

rickysambo 06-13-2021 06:35 PM

This 20 minute video should quell to some extent the Richie is perpetually drunk/goofy. His demeanor is somewhat similar to when he was younger. He still manages to crack a joke or two [one of them being hilarious] while sticking to the task at hand [picking gear]. Orianthi plays well and we don't see Richie throw in any memorable licks [which seems to have triggered haters on the YouTube channel]. Anyway, Norm's incredibly popular socials are Richie's best advert these days, he seems to be a true friend.

YOVANAfromPeru 06-30-2021 12:22 PM

Richie playing some guitar https://youtu.be/srawd0C_-b0

YOVANAfromPeru 07-02-2021 10:40 AM

Orianthi talking about Richie: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news..._like_now.html

JackieBlue 07-11-2021 01:14 AM

Another snippet from Richie:

https://youtu.be/wBceX6dtWZg

rolo_tomachi 07-11-2021 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1274669)

Sound fantastic for me.

Rdkopper 07-11-2021 04:27 AM

Why do I struggle with all these songs?

I feel they all lack soul.

SuperBrad 07-11-2021 10:07 AM

I really like this one ☝️ bring it Sambora !

blazeofglory 07-11-2021 11:48 AM

This sounds pretty cool to me, I really like the saxophone.

What I'm really wondering about these days is when we're actually gonna get a release date or a first single, because right now we're just getting tons of song snippets and the people around Richie are saying that the album is coming out soon, but they've been saying that for months now and there's still no release date or even just a more official announcement from Richie himself...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rolo_tomachi 07-11-2021 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1274671)
Why do I struggle with all these songs?

I feel they all lack soul.

I feel the opposite of you. I think that in all these songs is more soul than in RSO and part of Aftermath album.

These songs sound like Richie Sambora doing what comes out of his heart, more honest. He feels more organic, he is making a record honoring to the classics of the 60-70s. That's great, give me a double album about all this, please. Richie's performance on this one is magnificent.

Bob Rock's production is clear, correct, it makes the instruments shine, the groove, I hope they don't spoil it if they haven't worked on a final mix yet.

kleman 07-11-2021 12:50 PM

Well to me this and other songs are uber garbage. This is not even close to Aftermath.
Richie clearly lost himself after 2012...

Thinny 07-11-2021 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kleman (Post 1274675)
Well to me this and other songs are uber garbage. This is not even close to Aftermath.

Far from it. I think what you mean is that they are not to your taste. This is clearly not going to be a rock record. Not sure why people are suprised after RSO. I don't think Richie is in a place where he wants to rock out, he just wants to branch out and try different things musically.

As for soul, I think there is a ton of it in the stuff we have heard so far, but I totally get that this isn't going to be a record for the majority of Bon Jovi / Rock fans.

Let's judge it when we hear the whole thing. I have to say it is frustating getting all of these clips with no release date in sight. I expect he's probably shipping it to labels and trying to get a deal in place?

rolo_tomachi 07-11-2021 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kleman (Post 1274675)

However, convinces me more than trying to follow the current trends. Richie works best when it comes to a more classic sound. All his attempts to sound modern have been a disaster, so I'm happy with the new proposal, a more classic soul style, back to the roots, it just sounds more natural. Also I feel that he sings more passionately in these types of songs.

Norman said there were 100 songs or something, I'm not sure what he was referring to, I guess these bits are from the new album, but there seems to be a plan later to release something else.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazeofglory (Post 1274673)
This sounds pretty cool to me, I really like the saxophone.

What I'm really wondering about these days is when we're actually gonna get a release date or a first single, because right now we're just getting tons of song snippets and the people around Richie are saying that the album is coming out soon, but they've been saying that for months now and there's still no release date or even just a more official announcement from Richie himself...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, on the RSO and Aftermath releases it was a bit of a mess too. Something tells me that unfortunately the album will be leaked before it is officially released.

I don't know what problem they have, I guess the covid doesn't help. This album was intended to be released at the end of 2020, but a lot of records were delayed to 2021. I think after the summer we will have some information. Each album is accompanied a leg of shows , so I don't think we will see Richie live before 2022... therefore, and it is just my speculation, I think the album could be released in the fall of this year at the earliest.

Maybe do some live performances on tv and radio to announce some show dates in 2022.

Quote:

I can't get enough of listening to this one. Wonderful.

YOVANAfromPeru 07-11-2021 03:02 PM

Of all the snippets, I like none.
I liked that snippet with Tommy Lee; but when I heard more of it, it was another deception.
Terrible songs. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but it's even worse than RSO.
Well, Happy Birthday to Richie with all his horrible snippets!!!
And btw, for me Norman's face can be the cover of the new album... >_< jajaja

Captain_jovi 07-11-2021 04:34 PM

This is easily my least liked snippet yet but mainly because it's full of "a stranger is a friend you haven't met yet" platitudes that make me retch a bit.

What I DO like is there is emotion behind this with a bit of motown and soul. Yeah I think anyone expecting a blistering rock record will be let down but there's some good stuff here. I fear it will be another total mishmash of styles but the horns, soul rock has been the constant theme minus Glitter.

Jovi98 07-11-2021 05:19 PM

For now All that glitters is my favorite snippet.

QUceK1WV8 07-12-2021 02:57 AM

To my surprise, I think I like most of what I am hearing. I was hoping for a rock record but I guess that's not happening this time either but, I think I can live with it.

Santa Fe 07-12-2021 01:47 PM

Quote:

Could anyone help please ?
Just understand some :

Stand the faithful ,
the hungry will survive
They say a day is a number
and we'll die to survive
maybe smiles are on strangers
a kind will from a friend
chasing hate into forgiveness
and need it some again
choosing love???? hate

????????????????

I believe x 3
We'll get by
We get on a kind of miracles
?????
We'll get by
I believe x4
We''ll get by

blazeofglory 07-12-2021 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santa Fe (Post 1274690)
Could anyone help please ?
Just understand some :

Stand the faithful ,
the hungry will survive
They say a day is a number
and we'll die to survive
maybe smiles are on strangers
a kind will from a friend
chasing hate into forgiveness
and need it some again
choosing love???? hate

????????????????

I believe x 3
We'll get by
We get on a kind of miracles
?????
We'll get by
I believe x4
We''ll get by

I think it goes like this:

The restless and the faithful
The hungry will survive
They say our days are numbered
And we’re dying to survive
Might be a smile from a stranger
A kind word from a friend
Chasing hate into forgiveness
And lead us home again
Choosing love over hate
Chasing danger to ????
 (can't really figure that line out, sorry)
Shaking down a new day

I believe I believe I believe I believe
We’ll get by
We can’t count on miracles
Or an angel’s lullaby
Woah, we’ll get by

We’ll get by
We’ll rise above indifference
And the poverty inside
Woah, we’ll get by

We’ll get by

Be kind to one another
Respecting one another
Together we may find a kinder path

Santa Fe 07-12-2021 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazeofglory (Post 1274693)
I think it goes like this:

The restless and the faithful
The hungry will survive
They say our days are numbered
And we’re dying to survive
Might be a smile from a stranger
A kind word from a friend
Chasing hate into forgiveness
And lead us home again
Choosing love over hate
Chasing danger to ????
 (can't really figure that line out, sorry)
Shaking down a new day

We’ll get by
We can’t count on miracles
Or an angel’s lullaby
Woah, we’ll get by

We’ll get by
We’ll rise above indifference
And the poverty inside
Woah, we’ll get by

We’ll get by

Be kind to one another
Respecting one another
Together we may find a kinder path

Captain_jovi 07-12-2021 04:00 PM

For some reason I'm hearing "Angel's alibi" not "Angel's lullaby".

Santa Fe 07-12-2021 04:40 PM

:)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1274696)

Me too .

blazeofglory 07-12-2021 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1274696)

Okay now that you've said it I can hear both depending on which one I "want" to hear 😅 So the question is: which one makes more sense within the context?

Also does anyone happen to know how that one line I couldn't figure out goes?

steel_horse75 07-12-2021 09:57 PM

Maybe the snippets are being “released” with the hope of getting a label or distributor interested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk