Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Sissy3 06-04-2013 02:16 AM

I've posted this before but if Richie came back, when he and Jon stood together with guitars raised, would it ring true to you? Or would it seem like something they are now doing because fans expect it and they want to make it seem everything's ok again? I'd lean towards the latter, that it's all for show. But I know when/if it happens the first time, fans will tell themselves it's real and scream their tonsils out. Yes, I'm feeling very cynical today. :D

Mysterytrain 06-04-2013 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1135908)
I've posted this before but if Richie came back, when he and Jon stood together with guitars raised, would it ring true to you? Or would it seem like something they are now doing because fans expect it and they want to make it seem everything's ok again? I'd lean towards the latter, that it's all for show. But I know when/if it happens the first time, fans will tell themselves it's real and scream their tonsils out. Yes, I'm feeling very cynical today. :D

I have a feeling they won't be able to 'fake it'--at least not for very long. After all, if they had been able to truly fake it earlier, and were having a disagreement about something, Richie would still be on the tour.

jessycardy 06-04-2013 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1135911)
After all, if they had been able to truly fake it earlier, and were having a disagreement about something, Richie would still be on the tour.

That's another point that I've been trying to make a few times... If all this was indeed because of a fight (and we still don't know, no matter how people keep saying we do or it's obvious or the fairy told them), if they were good at/okay with faking it, Richie would have never left the tour and we wouldn't even be here on this endless thread to begin with.

Mysterytrain 06-04-2013 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1135913)
That's another point that I've been trying to make a few times... If all this was indeed because of a fight (and we still don't know, no matter how people keep saying we do or it's obvious or the fairy told them), if they were good at/okay with faking it, Richie would have never left the tour and we wouldn't even be here on this endless thread to begin with.

Yes, and further, like the Forbes article stated, publicly, at least, in past years, Jon and Richie have made very supportive statements about one another and their relationship. There is probably some scripted banter onstage with them, but I've also seen a lot of what appear to be off-the-cuff moments that, to me, at least, suggest they are truly close, when it comes right down to it. The dynamics of their relationship have probably changed over the years, since they aren't living in each other's pockets anymore, but 30 years is a long time, and I'm sure there is some sort of bond there.

I keep on thinking of it almost like a marriage, and I know the band has described it like that, too, in various interviews. According to a RumorFx article published recently (and I don't know if Richie actually said this, though it kind of sounds like him imo)-

'“It’s like a marriage,” Richie is telling friends, “there are problems,” and he calls this argument “a hiccup in a 30-year-marriage.”

This thing makes me think of a longtime married couple who separate for awhile to try to sort out their issues.

Sissy3 06-04-2013 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1135917)

'“It’s like a marriage,” Richie is telling friends, “there are problems,” and he calls this argument “a hiccup in a 30-year-marriage.”

This thing makes me think of a longtime married couple who separate for awhile to try to sort out their issues.

So does that make us like the children that are caught in the middle waiting to see if mom and dad divorce? Or in this case our two dads?

Mysterytrain 06-04-2013 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1135918)
So does that make us like the children that are caught in the middle waiting to see if mom and dad divorce? Or in this case our two dads?

Lol!! And yes, I think that's an apt way of describing it. The fans are 'caught in the middle' and feel powerless, hence the frustration and 500 + pages on this thread. Some of us have gotten past the point of caring, others of us want to see them back together, but it seems like there is high emotion in all the points of view on this.

BJ?YesPlease 06-04-2013 10:50 AM

I would like to propose that, as of June 6, this thread be deleted and we pretend it never existed.

Imagine the family lives we could return to ... the targets we'd hit at work ... the fabulous music we'd write ... the love we'd make...

SuperBrad 06-04-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1135934)
I would like to propose that, as of June 6, this thread be deleted and we pretend it never existed.

Imagine the family lives we could return to ... the targets we'd hit at work ... the fabulous music we'd write ... the love we'd make...

Good post ! I 2nd that . But maybe gradually delete it ..... I couldnt go cold turkey ..... I go to this thread before my texts tweets and emails every morning . Its gonna be tough !

BJ?YesPlease 06-04-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBrad (Post 1135936)
Good post ! I 2nd that . But maybe gradually delete it ..... I couldnt go cold turkey ..... I go to this thread before my texts tweets and emails every morning . Its gonna be tough !

You're right. Maybe the band should set up The Bon Jovi Centre for Jovitalk Addicts to help with our reintegration back into the real world!

Jonty 06-04-2013 12:34 PM

4th June, still no news........